Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Detective Pikachu looks fuckin' great. How did this happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

No Final Fantasy Protagonist has ever hosed.

tidus, zidane, aeris, cecil

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Tidus cannot gently caress

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You can get married in the MMOs

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Don't have sex with Aeons.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
tidus has almost certainly hosed just to spite his dad

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There is no evidence Zidane was even made with capacity to gently caress, despite all the fanart.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Macaluso posted:

Detective Pikachu looks fuckin' great. How did this happen

lol if you ever doubted this

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Pokemon is definitely one of the easier properties to turn into something other than a game. It's a bit harder to reconcile a plumber in a "mushroom kingdom."

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

C-Euro posted:

lol if you ever doubted this

I doubted it until they showed off the first trailer and this second trailer is even more hype.

It was a very good decision to have the Pokemon still retain their actual designs, just with realistic textures and fur, instead of trying to completely redesign them.

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

I can't wait for the director's cut where Pikachu says gently caress

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'm actually glad Sekiro is single player only, as someone who did a buttload of pve and pvp in all 3 dark souls games.

Sekiro seems like the game they wanted Bloodborne to be in the first place and probably would have been significantly better for - no multi, no rpg elements, I'm not sure if you're still upgrading weapons (which definitely shouldn't have been in BB, just gems that alter how they work), counter/parries ala Metal Gear Rising.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

bushisms.txt posted:

Pokemon is definitely one of the easier properties to turn into something other than a game. It's a bit harder to reconcile a plumber in a "mushroom kingdom."

Yeah I talked about it when the first trailer dropped but it was smart to make "the Pokémon movie" be a buddy cop movie with a Pokémon paint job rather than an adaptation of the anime or something. Take something that people are cool with on a basic level and do weird poo poo on top of that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress yeah Pokemon movie looking rad as hell :neckbeard:

Saint Freak posted:

There is no evidence Zidane was even made with capacity to gently caress, despite all the fanart.

Zidane is horny af which wouldn't be possible if he couldn't gently caress

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

told my wife yesterday "I don't want to see this unless Mewtwo is in it" and welp

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/THQNordic/status/1100456177031356416?s=19

e: I would recommend not following the link.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Watching a company self-immolating in real-time right now.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Darksiders 4

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that uh seems like a legendary tier unforced error

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

There is a Star Trek the Next Generation episode about this very thing.
march games chat: a particularly erotic chapter in my grandmother's journal

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Here lies Noctis. He never scored.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If that CD Projekt social media guy was still there they'd probably go on Gab

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

I hate to give them the easy "I was hacked" out but like its hard to believe anyone is this stupid

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Well the "Nordic" part of their company name makes sense

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

MMF Freeway posted:

I hate to give them the easy "I was hacked" out but like its hard to believe anyone is this stupid
If their Twitter was hacked you would think they would have said something on their Facebook or contacted news sites to get the word out.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Guess we know who their core audience is now

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

THQ Nordic sucks, idk how they're still around other than the constant distribution deals they get because Darksiders sucks. Similarly they've got big balls putting Darksiders 1 on Switch for 50 dollars.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/claireplaceable/status/1100460366839058435

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

They spent all that money trying to transition to the brand name recognition of THQ lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i mean those pedo nazis q people were very nice and polite it would have been rude to say no

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Pictured: THQ Nordic's reputation

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1100441220474650624?s=21

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

DLC Inc posted:

THQ Nordic sucks, idk how they're still around other than the constant distribution deals they get because Darksiders sucks. Similarly they've got big balls putting Darksiders 1 on Switch for 50 dollars.

their owner is like super rich i heard

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
also yikesss

https://twitter.com/etdragonpunch/status/1100458109661634560?s=19

(shoutout to mark)

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Julius Caesar was no Shadow

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
It's amazing having a bunch of reverence for THQ of all companies. Gotta follow the THQ blueprint. For all those THQ heads out there

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

C-Euro posted:

Yeah I talked about it when the first trailer dropped but it was smart to make "the Pokémon movie" be a buddy cop movie with a Pokémon paint job rather than an adaptation of the anime or something. Take something that people are cool with on a basic level and do weird poo poo on top of that.

it’s an adaptation of the game Detective Pikachu

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am beginning to think that maybe the ability to recognize something is a bad idea and then not do that bad idea, is a rare trait.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

oddium posted:

it’s an adaptation of the game Detective Pikachu

Yeah but I mean doing that instead of doing a standard Pokémon game is a smart way to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I thought the THQ Nordic thing was them possibly being hacked.

https://twitter.com/gamesbizuk/status/1100465602391691266

Nope.

Jesus christ the morons