Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/davelevitan/status/1100141281332940802

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbus
May 18, 2004

The "uncertainty" regarding climate change over the last 30+ years is purely the result of disinformation and denial, full stop. From a scientific standpoint, all that has changed is a reduction in uncertainty regarding the more probable outcomes, and a worse and worse picture regarding the less certain outcomes.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Besesoth posted:

AOC is absolutely correct to celebrate the deal falling through and the only people who disagree are archcapitalists or suckers who only do the most basic surface-level examination of the news they read.

I'll let you decide which one you are.

That seems like a problematic way of describing 70% of black people in NYC, but as a conservative I'm never sure if I'm using the term "problematic" properly.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

TheDisreputableDog posted:

That seems like a problematic way of describing 70% of black people in NYC, but as a conservative I'm never sure if I'm using the term "problematic" properly.

Can you please stop using people of color as a shield for your poo poo?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Public opinion polling doesn't prove a lot even in the best uses of it, but when applied to complex government and economic deals, it's kinda worthless. See: Brexit and the referendum. People don't know all the complexities of the thing they're being asked about.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Nothing says "Racist piece of poo poo" like a man who is appealing to the desires of African Americans while also proclaiming that he's a Conservative Voter.

Its hilarious that you'd openly claim being a conservative given the US political climate around what Conservative now means...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Morbus posted:

The "uncertainty" regarding climate change over the last 30+ years is purely the result of disinformation and denial, full stop. From a scientific standpoint, all that has changed is a reduction in uncertainty regarding the more probable outcomes, and a worse and worse picture regarding the less certain outcomes.

right. it's just especially sad seeing we knew before i was born.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

you really need to stop hiding behind theoretical black people to take shots at a woman of color

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1100470560851722241?s=19

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Trump landed in Vietnam. Bring on the bone spur jokes

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Not surprising, given your rather anemic understanding of pretty much everything else.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

You're using it correctly, but applying it incorrectly. The actually "problematic" fact here is that, in principle, I shouldn't be able to tell from just these posts whether you're white or black. Do you think I can?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Trump: "Cohen could never have been my attorney because he's not even a lawyer!"

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

luxury handset posted:

you really need to stop hiding behind theoretical black people to take shots at a woman of color

Yikes! I didn't commission the poll, and I'm not the one who claimed the move was unpopular and there's be no political fallout from cheerleading it's demise.

As I said, I like what AOC is doing and I hope she continues doubling down through 2020.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
BREAKING: Michael Cohen has officially changed his name to 'Saul Goodman'

As I said, I like what AOC is doing and I hope she continues doubling down through 2020.

So do we. It will get her reelected, it will energize the left, and it will encourage a normally-apathetic voting bloc to show up if they think they have someone who's actually fighting for them. I'm so glad you agree with us on this subject--it's heartwarming, it is. Who says conservatives and liberals can't get along?

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 26, 2019

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Slowpoke! posted:

Awaiting a line like "You know, if I fought in the Vietnam war I could have ended it all very quickly."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Slowpoke! posted:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

jones, casey, and manchin voted for sasse's lovely "born alive" bill. thankfully it failed.

https://twitter.com/xan_desanctis/status/1100171764288622592

lmao that dude is dedicated to stomping on the faces of the black women who turned out to get him elected

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

USPOL Winter: And here's his medal for being neat

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

right. it's just especially sad seeing we knew before i was born.

The thing is we made steps over the next couple decades to delay or reverse the damage, like the ozone hole, which largely repaired itself after CFCs were banned globally. But then the Republicans radicalized under Clinton and reversed a bunch of initiatives when they got the executive that reset the clock.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

LeeMajors posted:

Nikki Haley gave hundreds of million in tax breaks to lure Boeing to Charleston SC.

Today:

https://twitter.com/postandcourier/status/1100402161706590209

This poo poo is utterly infuriating. Is there anything that can actually be done about it though? Would a "you can't accept a position at a company you gave tax breaks to" law even be possible? Edit: Possible in the sense it wouldn't be thrown out by the courts.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Young Freud posted:

The thing is we made steps over the next couple decades to delay or reverse the damage, like the ozone hole, which largely repaired itself after CFCs were banned globally. But then the Republicans radicalized under Clinton and reversed a bunch of initiatives when they got the executive that reset the clock.

Yep. And we're all pretty much doomed because we cant keep the actual death cult from getting elected time and again (both because they cheat and because of their wall to wall control of the discussion).

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Maybe he caught that gout that’s been going around.

https://twitter.com/juddlegum/status/1100475540149096448?s=21

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Wonder if this voids his attorney-client privileges.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

fishing with the fam posted:

This poo poo is utterly infuriating. Is there anything that can actually be done about it though? Would a "you can't accept a position at a company you gave tax breaks to" law even be possible? Edit: Possible in the sense it wouldn't be thrown out by the courts.

why do you hate our capitalist oligarchy you commie scum

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

FizFashizzle posted:

Maybe he caught that gout that’s been going around.

https://twitter.com/juddlegum/status/1100475540149096448?s=21

I am going to sit this one out as my health does not permit me to dedicate myself fully to doing crimes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Yep. And we're all pretty much doomed because we cant keep the actual death cult from getting elected time and again (both because they cheat and because of their wall to wall control of the discussion).

We've just got to turn it into a crisis that could have major consequences or be fully solved before the next election. So someone needs to go down there and dislodge that giant ice sheet.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

mdemone posted:

The actually "problematic" fact here is that, in principle, I shouldn't be able to tell from just these posts whether you're white or black. Do you think I can?

Honestly, it seems more problematic that you think there are only two races.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Yes, some countries actually have them. Iceland (I think?) is a good example.

Not mine though, we are kind of dumb.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

It's pretty cute how when you're confronted with an actual refutation of your point, you jump immediately to "oh maybe it is YOU who is the racist 🤔" in an attempt to poison the well. Is this your first political discussion?

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Unponderable posted:

no, the attorney-client privilege is held by the client, not the attorney

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

BardoTheConsumer posted:

And also because their core message is "You don't have to change. Don't worry. None of this is a problem and just keep doing things the way you are because it's all just a big bag of bullshit." That message resonates very well outside the death cult. And the other party has noted how well that message has worked and decided to run on it too.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Unponderable posted:

I doubt it and in general I really wouldnt want that to be the rule.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Nah, this is the natural workings of capitalism and conservatism at work!

You will actually find that 70% of minorities in NC approve giving Boeing a bunch of money in tax breaks and then getting a cushy job there because "JOB CREATION", when the dogdude pulls more polling data out of his rear end he refuses to cite

Dogdude, what does being "conservative" even mean to you? Can you define it for us?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Guze posted:

I am going to sit this one out as my health does not permit me to dedicate myself fully to doing crimes

Someone should have told them he was allergic to getting caught. All of this might have been avoided.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Yikes! I didn't commission the poll, and I'm not the one who claimed the move was unpopular and there's be no political fallout from cheerleading it's demise.

you're using a misreading of the poll to try to crap on AOC while using black people as a sockpuppet to do so. that is gross, and everyone but you can recognize your behavior is ugly

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

cr0y posted:

I doubt it and in general I really wouldnt want that to be the rule.

Yeah, this would be pretty lovely to post-facto revoke that protection. It could be horribly abused.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The argument about amazon is moot anyway because hq2 was never actually going to happen. Their stated goal was finding one singular hq location, the whole hq2 bullshit was continued attempts to pit two cities against each other.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Besesoth posted:

It's pretty cute how when you're confronted with an actual refutation of your point, you jump immediately to "oh maybe it is YOU who is the racist 🤔" in an attempt to poison the well. Is this your first political discussion?

Why would you think this is his first political discussion? He's got the stupid idiot fucker Republican talking points down perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Furnaceface posted:

Yes, some countries actually have them. Iceland (I think?) is a good example.

Not mine though, we are kind of dumb.

Small countries are occasionally allowed a bit of democracy as long as they're a long way away and don't upset any oligarchs.

Large countries just get oligarchy barely disguised as democracy.