Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Yeah, the point is to get the one I want while still getting the bonus for a random TFO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Two days until the Leonard Nimoy Annual Celebration of Life, Feb 27th!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Get your disco balls and balloon guns ready.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Cyrano4747 posted:

Get your disco balls and balloon guns ready.

*Memorial Spheres

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Remember, "Loss of life is to be mourned but only if the life was wasted." -Spock, Yesteryear

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

hakimashou posted:

Two days until the Leonard Nimoy Annual Celebration of Life, Feb 27th!

I'm prepared.

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 26, 2019

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....
Reminder to anyone who may need to get a drink or make a sandwich during the Life Day Celebration to put your privacy setting on "Anonymous".

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016
Yeah, so about the spock party. I'd love to troll, but not get banned. What behavior is most likely to enrage without breaking any rules? A zombie spock?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

It's not trolling, it's a legitimate celebration of a life lived.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

greasythepirate posted:

Yeah, so about the spock party. I'd love to troll, but not get banned. What behavior is most likely to enrage without breaking any rules? A zombie spock?

Why are you still here?

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

greasythepirate posted:

If you're planning on trolling the Life Day gathering, please leave. We have no need of people like you drawing attention away from our celebration of such a wonderful man as Captain Nemo.

greasythepirate
Aug 13, 2016
Oh yeah, good point. I think i will celebrate instead. I loved his photograhy work.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

greasythepirate posted:

The best way to participate is to delete your SA account.

This is a positive place for positive people.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nimoy's song was better than the Hobbit trilogy.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

greasythepirate posted:

You've come to the wrong place, please don't interrupt our traditional celebration of life with your trolling. If you want to make a troll event go do it somewhere else. We take our responsibilities as Custodians of the Leonard Nimoy Memorial very seriously. It is a privilige to be able to serve the community like this.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Today's Endeavour is to run Battle at the Binary Stars.

In related news, Discovery Klingon NPCs have zero effective defence against a properly built Scihole spamming gravity wells. Birds of Prey were getting dragged into the fuckfest from halfway across the map. It's beautiful.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

So, whenever I finish downloading the patch, my patcher gets stuck on downloading "StarTrekClient.Manifest"
Anyone know how to fix that?
Or upload it so I can make this game work?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
So does anyone have the retired missions folks made in the foundry on hand?

Apparently it works like cooties, that those retired missions in the foundry are only available if someone passes it on to someone else.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Siegkrow posted:

So, whenever I finish downloading the patch, my patcher gets stuck on downloading "StarTrekClient.Manifest"
Anyone know how to fix that?
Sounds like a dodgy file to have issues with.
Try disabling on-demand patching in the launcher's options.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

First thing I did. Disabled, reenabled, disabled again, verify files every time it gets stuck...

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Siegkrow posted:

Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\.patch\StartrekClient.manifest
Got any third party software that could be blocking the download (e.g. antivirus)?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Gah, there's finally a z-store sale and it's just on keys. And here I am sitting on 12.5k zen waiting for a real sale to splurge my little heart out.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Gah, there's finally a z-store sale and it's just on keys. And here I am sitting on 12.5k zen waiting for a real sale to splurge my little heart out.

Haven't they gotten into the habit of a 30% off everything sale around 4 July?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Tomorrow is the day, be sure to stop by Vulcan and help celebrate Leonard Nimoy's life.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"

hakimashou posted:

Tomorrow is the day, be sure to stop by Vulcan and help celebrate Leonard Nimoy's life.

He was a good man.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

fakemirage posted:

Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\.patch\StartrekClient.manifest
Got any third party software that could be blocking the download (e.g. antivirus)?

I tend to disable antiviruses when I download MMOs, make sure I have all the data.

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

Who do I need to speak to so I can add a new entry into the Dental wiki? Also one that no pubbies can see.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
If you can read the wiki you can edit the wiki.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Omega particles only available during by the anniversary event? Or can they be obtained during the summer event as well?

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

Lagomorphic posted:

If you can read the wiki you can edit the wiki.

I can edit but don't see an option to add another page for a new entry.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Disco's renewed:

https://deadline.com/2019/02/star-trek-discovery-renewed-season-3-cbs-all-access-michelle-paradise-alex-kurtzman-co-showrunner-1202565915/

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Disappointing but unsurprising.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Zotix posted:

Omega particles only available during by the anniversary event? Or can they be obtained during the summer event as well?

You can only farm them during the anniversary. They're available year round on the exchange though.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
https://twitter.com/rurinnfane/status/1100810354634952704

terrible (mirror)

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Hell yeah!

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/luminousfinn/status/1100810886162382849
Evidently "space satan" is antisemitic. I never knew.

Edit: space satan is canon, not that I expect that to make any difference to them.

g0del fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 27, 2019

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

*waves device*

Outrage level still too low to register.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So I need some advice, I've been playing now for probably a month or so. Grinding out my Reps, and going through the story etc. Mondian helped me out a few weeks ago to help gear out my ship. Since then I've finished the anniversary event and I obtained the T'Pau scout ship. I'm still using the Mogai Retrofit(t5, not upgraded). I feel like if I move over to the Scout ship I'll lose too much firepower. I feel like the Mogai is still made out of paper, and my hull doesn't hold up very well. If I wanted to buy a ship to make some progress, what do you guys recommend. I'm not sure that I want to go in at this moment on a $60 bundle though. I've heard good things about the Morrigu, and I'm not sure if that's the route that would be best. Any advice?

Zotix fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 27, 2019

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

g0del posted:

https://twitter.com/luminousfinn/status/1100810886162382849
Evidently "space satan" is antisemitic. I never knew.

Edit: space satan is canon, not that I expect that to make any difference to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

So today STO hosted a neo-nazi rally on Vulcan