Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

every time i play hollow knight I come here and cheetah's talking about poo poo i just did it feels weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Phantasium posted:

every time i play hollow knight I come here and cheetah's talking about poo poo i just did it feels weird

I time my posts for maximum discomfort

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Not to derail from the latest corporate nazi self-outing but

In Hollow Knight, I ended up deciding that I like the combat a lot when it's hard (my earlier assessment that it was only okay mostly applied to when it was easy). The platforming is good when it's easy but bad when it's hard (gently caress Palace), in contrast. What optional content should I be seeking out? Maybe with a hint how to find it since I do enjoy looking for things myself, when I'm not the world's blindest man as I was when looking for the true ending

e: I guess I know about the third arena challenge already I just gotta do it

You definitely wanna do the Grimm Troupe DLC, it ends with the hardest fight in the game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Truly the most cyberpunk thing of all would be to just pirate it.

Not saying you should mods plz don't ban

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I love how most of the comments on AC music is just AWACS quotes.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I edited in myself remembering I still need to do the third arena round while you were typing

The Grimm Troupe and Godmaster free updates also added some great bossfights but I would honestly just look up how to start them if you didn't find them already.

Did you find the optional Bee-area?

Regy Rusty posted:

You definitely wanna do the Grimm Troupe DLC, it ends with the hardest fight in the game.

Someone didn't check out the new boss variants in Godmaster

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

The Grimm Troupe and Godmaster free updates also added have great bossfights but I would honestly just look up how to start them if you didn't already.

Did you find the optional Bee-area?

Yeah, I got the Collector's Map and went grub hunting which took me there

I'll probably just open a wiki and look up all the bosses I missed, I'm sure I missed some dream refights too

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I trust the company that doesn't pay their employees to do the genre of cyberpunk justice.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah, I got the Collector's Map and went grub hunting which took me there

I'll probably just open a wiki and look up all the bosses I missed, I'm sure I missed some dream refights too

Do note that even if you like hard combat in HK they kind of went overboard in Godmaster. The ultimate challenges are going to push your poo poo in

Just look at this

https://youtu.be/6ktDxzN8Y2U

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Andrast posted:

Someone didn't check out the new boss variants in Godmaster

True but Godmaster's boss rushes weren't fun for me

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

True but Godmaster's boss rushes weren't fun for me

Yeah I found Grimm a lot more fun too

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Andrast posted:

Do note that even if you like hard combat in HK they kind of went overboard in Godmaster. The ultimate challenges are going to push your poo poo in

Just look at this

https://youtu.be/6ktDxzN8Y2U

pretty sure that's modded for the fight to be faster. the guy you linked has an entire playlist of all the bosses modded up:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0IX4o3mC0z9CWKDtps64WAHTeir7OyHC

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maybe it's time to give up on video games and spend more time on the other things in my life like

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

pretty sure that's modded for the fight to be faster. the guy you linked has an entire playlist of all the bosses modded up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QRklF_pe28

Oops I posted the wrong video.

It's not quite that bad

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

njsykora posted:

As for Cyberpunk, I've yet to see anything that actually interests me in that game. Yeah it's stylish as hell but so is most surface level cyberpunk stuff these days.
Have they shown anything aside from that one trailer?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

There is the trailer and like a 40 minute scripted gameplay demo. It looks pretty sick tbh

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

MMF Freeway posted:

There is the trailer and like a 40 minute scripted gameplay demo. It looks pretty sick tbh

Ah, I did not know about the gameplay, just the trailer from E3. coool

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

they made the hour of gameplay they demoed to the press public which surprised me becasue it feels like that can only deflate hype relative to the trailer as some people will see things they dont like in it (e.g. lots of people complaining about it being first person view)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Anyway, Nightmare King Grimm has a great theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq8E_1LkoAc

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
The real question is how much Gwent will you play as the favored pastime of underground drug lords.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s called Cybergwent now

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

gwenty seventy-seven

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

cheetah7071 posted:

Not to derail from the latest corporate nazi self-outing but

In Hollow Knight, I ended up deciding that I like the combat a lot when it's hard (my earlier assessment that it was only okay mostly applied to when it was easy). The platforming is good when it's easy but bad when it's hard (gently caress Palace), in contrast. What optional content should I be seeking out? Maybe with a hint how to find it since I do enjoy looking for things myself, when I'm not the world's blindest man as I was when looking for the true ending

e: I guess I know about the third arena challenge already I just gotta do it

Honestly you'll probably like just about all of it, most of it is boss fights segregated off into their own little areas. You get new refights for Dung Defender (go back to the arena where you fought him and look for a breakable floor) and Zote (located in an NPC's house in Dirtmouth), the Grimm Troupe quest line (starts in Howling Cliffs), and a boss refight area (entrance is in a hidden area of Royal Waterways, needs a Simple Key). There's also a hidden platforming challenge in White Palace but it sounds like you should skip that one, it doesn't actually give you anything.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Seems weird that the studio that made a big deal about keeping Witcher 3 in the oven to make sure it was great on day 1 - a move that really paid off for the company and franchise - would turn around and turboslam the crunch button for their next big title. GOG laid off about a dozen people and that's not really cause for alarm nor is it a sign that CDPR will be pushed into overdrive. Similarly, GOG caters to its own clique of gamers and has been existing in Steam's shadow for years. Epic coming out with a launcher/store that doesn't have discussion boards for their games, or the ability to make groups in game from your friends lists, or user reviews, or the ability to sort their the store's offerings, or screenshot functionality doesn't seem like the GOG killer some articles are describing.

But what do I know, GOG and CDPR could be knocking at death's door and we'll see Cyberpunk 2077 in stores by June.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Black August posted:

That’s why they did this

Nobody gives a gently caress about them but now 4chan and 8chan and affiliates do and that will net them more support

We have reached the point where appealing to white supremacists is more reward than risk for many companies
People engage with media based on whether or not they want to engage with that media. This cuts both ways. People very rarely actually care enough to buy games based on their own politics, because they know it's a futile effort. If the actual game has content they agree/disagree with, maybe, but woke sites still praise CDPR and link to articles about them even when it's open knowledge that CDPR is awful, and plenty of alt-right types love anime made by devout communists and/or lesbians, or buy indie games that are made by the drat SJWs. There's no grand marketing strategy here that proves society is failing.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

All Cyber, No Punk

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Truly the most cyberpunk thing of all would be to just pirate it.

Not saying you should mods plz don't ban

you should pirate cyberpunk 2049

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cyberspunk 42069

This is my original joke, please do not steal it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Marmu is the best boss in Hollow Knight, don't @ me

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
THQ Nordic Comes to Town.jpg

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

CD Projekt is worth like 5 billion dollars and CDPR makes up half of that. I'm not sure at what point they managed to convince everyone that they're some tiny struggling indie dev but I'm pretty sure your cyberpunk game will be ok.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ace combat 04 is cool but i'm kinda glad it's short cause it's a lot harder to run in pcsx2 than the later ones and i'd like to have hardware rendering available

would be nice if they'd just rerelease these games in hd, and more than just as like pre-order bonuses or ps4 backwards compat or whatever

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 26, 2019

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

GOG fired 12 people and hired 20 so I'm not sure they're in as dire a situation as people have been saying. Not great either way and I don't know why that means they're going into crunch mode for Cyperpunk. AFAIK GOG and CDP Red are pretty separate employee wise. The last hyper crunch game that the studio bragged about I bought was RDR2 and it kinda sucked so I'm gonna wait on Cyperpunk probably.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

THQ literally acquired Warhorse last month, the studio headed by daniel vavra, who loudly brags about how much he loves gamergate and is a very "triggered much?" edgelord

this really sucks for devs that got acquired by THQ and didn't know about this bullshit, now they'll be associated with it forever

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
This how you advertise the launch of an ATV game in 2019, apparently.

Do this poo poo then don't have another product for a month.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's Nintendo going to announce at the Pokemon Nintendo Direct tomorrow

I don't follow Pokemon closely enough to know if it's time for a new mainline game or if it's just Pokemon Go stuff or something

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't follow Pokemon closely enough to know if it's time for a new mainline game or if it's just Pokemon Go stuff or something
they actually cancelled their direct and are doing a press conference at the nambla convention

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

What happened to that art contest from the January game chat thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Help Im Alive posted:

A partnership with the KKK.