Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

CDPR has been dog whistling to alt right people every few months like clockwork and you folks are all still gonna buy cyberpunk2077

THQ Nordic is a lot easier to ignore so i don't think this will work out for them but that doesn't mean it doesn't work ever

They fired the guy that was doing that already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Guess we know where he ended up!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

A partnership with the KKK.

Pikkkachu

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

What's Nintendo going to announce at the Pokemon Nintendo Direct tomorrow

I don't follow Pokemon closely enough to know if it's time for a new mainline game or if it's just Pokemon Go stuff or something

there's a mainline game due this fall so it's 99% the reveal of that

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Instead of gym leaders it's Imperial Wizards.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The new starters for the next pokemon game, A new Fire/Ghost type pokemon that is a Grand Wizard in a sheet, Nosepass, and Literally Hitler

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Instead of a Pokedex you get Mein Kampf.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I expect y'all to show some respect tomorrow, on Pokemon Day.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A partnership with the KKK.

Now introducing our new ultimate evolution, the Jangmo-Saxon.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

We must secure the existence of the pokedex and a future for all Normal-type pokemon.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Instead of gym leaders it's Imperial Wizards.

The sequel to the hot hit Detective Pikachu, go back in time to Noir years where your favorite EMP rat meets with an officer of the German army in the upcoming

World War Chu

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

I expect y'all to show some respect tomorrow, on Pokemon Day.

Should really be on a Monday

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

got Trials Rising

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

got Trials Rising

I'm gonna do this but the music seems sorely disappointing compared to the past
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2MAkcbS-cc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z6ParGqQLc

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Nintendo reveals Detective Pikachu features a disturbing scene where pikachus are used for interrogations and executions by strapping the inmate to a chair and allowing a bunch of them to hug said inmate, replacing traditional car battery and switch-throw methods

Pulp-kachu Fiction

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

drat, it's a good thing they fired all that one person who was responsible for some, but not all instances of it

also lol if anyone thinks cdpr needs to find a reason to crunch its staff into the ground. gog and cdpr aren't going to improve their working conditions any time soon

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Black August posted:

Christ, I wish that was still true. A lot of them are very okay with and benefit a lot from pedophilia.

But yeah as said above Nazis are a rich demographic to exploit in times where profit above all else wins every day.

...no? I know people like to be all doom and gloom these days but what major corporation is benefiting from pedophilia and how. This is not exactly a large market you're talking about here.

Black August posted:

Yup they knew exactly what they were doing and the perfunctory apology after because they know this will benefit them more than drat them because that’s how sick and poo poo the discourse has become

How does this benefit them at all?

Like, what did they accomplish here other than looking really stupid?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
specifically, it is worth noting that the person they fired was responsible for the gog twitter account. not the cyberpunk twitter account. you know. the one that tweeted a transphobic joke.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

...no? I know people like to be all doom and gloom these days but what major corporation is benefiting from pedophilia and how. This is not exactly a large market you're talking about here.

How does this benefit them at all?

Like, what did they accomplish here other than looking really stupid?

youtube

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

For real though the only games I've purchased in the last 7+ years has been a grand total of Transistor, Undertale, Terraria, Nuclear Throne, Darkwood, Black Mesa, Binding of Isaac, a gifted Bad Rats, Streets of Rogue, ADOM, Enter the Gungeon, and REmake 2

I have been extremely comfortable with that slow and small a profile because the gamer 'culture' and white supremacy infestation and AAA slavedrive studios is loving gross, so to hell with it all, the Games forum is the only place left I feel remotely comfortable discussing an entertainment hobby that has been turned into a political insanity machine by insecure sociopaths

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Valve

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The paedophile market (hopefully) isn't huge but the alt right market sure as hell is, and they'll glob onto any terrible poo poo if they think it'll upset normal decent people.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

Lots of entertainment companies in Japan enjoy and promote pedophilia, Steam allows a lot of it on their market unregulated, Hollywood is vibrant with it at every corner, just off the top of my head where it intersects with game stuff

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

And while it IS self-destructive in the longterm, Nordic went for the alt-right market because a majority of social media is pro-white supremacy and does little about their Nazi demographic, which allows them to flourish and be tapped as a market by companies who give absolutely no shits about ethics or genocide or nada if it means there's people to net in for money

You will see this happen a little more and a little more as the next decade crawls on and Nazis continue to be allowed to have discourse and influence

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Black August posted:

Lots of entertainment companies in Japan enjoy and promote pedophilia, Steam allows a lot of it on their market unregulated, Hollywood is vibrant with it at every corner, just off the top of my head where it intersects with game stuff

sir, this is a wendy's

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Video Game Chat: A shoutout to March.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Underskirt

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The Colonel posted:

sir, this is a wendy's

I was asked a question and I answered it, if you don't want the topic of Games Chat to include chat about problems with games and the culture surrounding it, you can say so instead of posting that, and I'll respect it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Don’t remind us about it for a whole month

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Colonel posted:

sir, this is a wendy's

i would like one spicy chicken sandwich, plain, please

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Ok my vote is this

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Snooze Cruise posted:

i would like one spicy chicken sandwich, plain, please

Can you get me a baconator, baconator fries, a baconator shake, and some bacon please

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Black August posted:

I was asked a question and I answered it, if you don't want the topic of Games Chat to include chat about problems with games and the culture surrounding it, you can say so instead of posting that, and I'll respect it

lmao i don't think they are taking a stance against the topic just an doofus broadly talking about it in a reductive way

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Relax Or DIE posted:

Can you get me a baconator, baconator fries, a baconator shake, and some bacon please

ok but i expect you to venmo me later

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Tales of Woe posted:

CDPR has been dog whistling to alt right people every few months like clockwork and you folks are all still gonna buy cyberpunk2077

THQ Nordic is a lot easier to ignore so i don't think this will work out for them but that doesn't mean it doesn't work ever

It's gonna be a really good game and I'm looking forward to it.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Snooze Cruise posted:

lmao i don't think they are taking a stance against the topic just an doofus broadly talking about it in a reductive way

it's a no-thought retort and stale as hell, instead of engaging in the topic or just ignoring it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

:golfclap:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Black August posted:

it's a no-thought retort and stale as hell, instead of engaging in the topic or just ignoring it

stale as hell is these fries what the gently caress i am sending them back

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Steve2911 posted:

The paedophile market (hopefully) isn't huge but the alt right market sure as hell is, and they'll glob onto any terrible poo poo if they think it'll upset normal decent people.
The alt-right market pirates all their games though; also they really aren't that profitable, just look what happened to Steve Bannon and Milo, both vanguards of the Internet Nazi brigade, now reduced to being essentially nobodies slumming it around empty conference rooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The one example of 2077 gameplay we have revealed the worst, most trite writing since Conker's. Hope the gameplay is good this time.