Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The human body in general is a pet peeve but I hate especially how I get loving sleepy after dinner. My rhythm is set to me waking up at 6:10 AM for work so I'm supposed to fall asleep at 10 or so, meaning I get sleepy at around 9 already even if I don't eat. My wife and I usually eat at 7 or 8 and have a few glasses of wine and watch something, after that my blood sugar levels plummet or something because I can simply not stay awake or even sit in a chair at that point.

I get home, do a few chores and prepare for the next day, eat and fall asleep. It blows. I don't even have the energy to play games or gently caress. The next day I'm always wide awake at 6 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Is "vegetarian" not a standard option where you live? They've usually got capsicum, onion, olives, mushrooms and sometimes pineapple. In any case, a plain cheese pizza is a food crime. At least get a margherita or garlic pizza. You've got to have some flavour on there.

I agree, there's nothing "normal" about a cheese pizza. Why get a pizza of nothing? Nobody is willing to order that because nobody is going to eat that. There are no "standard options" where I live (have to specify every ingredient every time, another peeve), but peppers, onions, olives, and mushrooms is exactly what I usually get.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I’m a bit late to pizza chat, but goats cheese on pizza is amazing with some red onion chutney on there too. I normally prefer meaty pizzas, but lately I’ve been opting for that instead.

Here’s a pizza peeve: when I’m serving on the custom pizza counter at work and I get a pizza made up for someone, wrap it and label it and give it to the customer thinking I can get back to what I was doing before, only for it to turn out they want another one making. Tell me how many you want first so I can do them all in one go!

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The best pizza toppings are dates and figs actually.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Short beds suck. I'm in the UK staying in AirBNB's temporarily, and they all have short beds so my feet stick out the far end unless I sleep with my head right at the headboard. I'm only 185 cm, tall but not very tall, why don't they just make every bed at least 2.20 or so to give people some margin?

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

DizzyBum posted:

Pet peeve: lovely chain pizza. Find a nice local pizzeria! It's so much better!

Here in the midwest, all we have is lovely chain pizza, gas station pizza. Our "Local Pizzeria" pizza is on par with high school cafeteria pizza at twice the price of the chain pizza.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

My "local pizzeria" bakes and delivers frozen pizzas.

It's not delivery, it's DiGiorno! Oh poo poo, I lied, it's both!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
That should be a crime if it isn't already.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sesamestreet.com is a broken piece of poo poo.

My daughter likes to play the games after her breakfast and practically every other day the site crashes or flash doesn't work or half the games say I don't have flash despite the other half working just fine... I literally spent like ten minutes in clearing cookies and cache and restarting, anything so my daughter can pretend to brush some monster teeth while she works up her morning poop.

Even now it's throwing up error messages about the games "possibly having moved to another site" while she cries "broken!" This site is doing the opposite of what it was designed to do, it's making a child cry.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I've come to the conclusion that the podcast generation is aging into having children. I now get ads for 4 different parenting podcasts in my feed. I normally don't mind ads, but they're all trying way too hard to be fun and hip and being a parent is amazing and :barf:

I understand that I'm probably not who they're targeted for but, drat, I'm getting annoyed. The BBC is the worst offender, I listen to Witness every morning and for the past two weeks it starts with a 30 second ad for Parent Land, then it ends with another 30 second ad for Parent Land. Motherfuckers it's a 10 minute long history podcast, one ad is fine, two is ridiculous.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Sesamestreet.com is a broken piece of poo poo.

They're probably putting no effort into maintaining the games since Flash is going away soon. Google is going to disable it in their products in July, then all major browsers are supposed to have it gone by the end of 2020.

Weird that a name as big as Sesame Street doesn't have at least a few games with some serious budget behind them.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! has a new favorite as of 15:13 on Feb 26, 2019

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Iron Crowned posted:

I've come to the conclusion that the podcast generation is aging into having children. I now get ads for 4 different parenting podcasts in my feed. I normally don't mind ads, but they're all trying way too hard to be fun and hip and being a parent is amazing and :barf:

I understand that I'm probably not who they're targeted for but, drat, I'm getting annoyed. The BBC is the worst offender, I listen to Witness every morning and for the past two weeks it starts with a 30 second ad for Parent Land, then it ends with another 30 second ad for Parent Land. Motherfuckers it's a 10 minute long history podcast, one ad is fine, two is ridiculous.

Agreed so much. I was recently bingeing a podcast that covered a true story over 10 episodes. Each episode was about a half hour long, and each both began and finished with an ad for the Ron Burgundy podcast. With an ad for it in the middle as well. With it being at the start and end, I would hear the same ad back to back.

I don't care if the Ron burgundy podcast is good or not. Being bombarded with those ads over and over turned me off of it forever.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

They're probably putting no effort into maintaining the games since Flash is going away soon. Google is going to disable it in their products in July, then all major browsers are supposed to have it gone by the end of 2020.

Oh no! What happens to all the flash games? I guess I never stopped to think, but flash games and videos were such an enormous part of my development that my heart actually dropped a little at the thought of it all disappearing.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

Are you saying that (to paraphrase the Parentland advertising slogan) thinking about children doesn't make you come?

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

Brawnfire posted:

Oh no! What happens to all the flash games? I guess I never stopped to think, but flash games and videos were such an enormous part of my development that my heart actually dropped a little at the thought of it all disappearing.

What's going to happen to Neopets :(

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

For stuff self contained in an SWF file, you can save that and even if Flash disappears from modern operating systems completely it'll always be possible to install an old browser in a virtual machine or something. For more complex stuff that pulls in external data from a server somewhere, I don't think anyone really has a plan made.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Some goons hate David Cummings, but I really like how on the nosleep podcast instead of ads or endless hawking patreon/merch/dtc you just chuck twenty bucks at him twice a year or so and get the podcast. 20 bucks for 25 two hour episodes and seasonal bonus ones is well worth it considering how much time I spend on other podcasts hearing about underwear and mattreses.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Running with a backpack. Even if I just carry 5 lbs it feels like I am running half as fast.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

When I have déjà vu, I tend to announce its occurrence out loud. It's a habit I've had since as long as I can remember even having déjà vu.
When I do, if there are other people around, someone will inevitably ask "Why?"
gently caress, that annoys me.
I don't know. No one knows. You've just asked a question that has plagued humanity for hundreds of thousands of years.
Sometimes, someone will ask "About what?"
About this exact moment, you drooling mouth-breather!
In the future, if you see someone suddenly stop and look around, then say "déjà vu," shut up and let that person enjoy this particular mystery of the mind.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Maybe they're asking why you don't shut up about your deja vu?

I totally get the frustration with people not being able to read you mind though. They should definitely understand that it's the situation in general and not the black cat you saw in the hallway or whatever, that really sucks man.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

It doesn't happen nearly often enough to make it an annoying problem, so I highly doubt they're telling me to shut up about it.
Perhaps they're simply trying to form a conversation? Maybe I'm being too hard on them?
I will have to think more about this. Probably not now, because I have a hamburger to eat, but eventually.
If I remember.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Some goons hate David Cummings, but I really like how on the nosleep podcast instead of ads or endless hawking patreon/merch/dtc you just chuck twenty bucks at him twice a year or so and get the podcast. 20 bucks for 25 two hour episodes and seasonal bonus ones is well worth it considering how much time I spend on other podcasts hearing about underwear and mattreses.

I wish more podcasts would have the option to get an ad-less feed in exchange for some support, honestly.
With all the various patreon-based podcasts you get a private feed you just slap into your podcast listener of choice, and I wish it was more common.

Podcasts are usually hosted by larger networks, with them managing distribution + ad insertion, so it's weird that they don't offer this kind of stuff.
Surely the revenue would be worth it, any podcast of note is likely going to have a lot of longtime listeners willing to chuck in some cash.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
^ yeah I think a lot of people take any vocalization as an invitation for conversation, especially something a little weird like deja vu.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Sorry to resurrect pizza chat but another peeve of mine is yall judgy pizza snobs!! When I'm cheating on my diet and eating pizza I don't want a goddamn health food with vegetables I want CHEESE :colbert:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Office managers are incapable of choosing appropriate pizza for pizza lunch. They always go

50% cheese
25% pepperoni
25% weirdass veggie pizza

It should be

35% pepperoni
35% supreme (sausage and like 2-3 random veggies)
20% cheese
10% veggie

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Mail me the cheese pizza you don't want

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Weirdass veggie pizza is the best because nobody wants it and I get tons of free leftovers.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
LOL if you consider veggie pizza a health food.

My pizza peeve is when pizza ends up so overloaded with toppings that it becomes a sloppy mess. I don't mind a little grease or whatever, but pizza does not need ALL the meats, just pick one or two. Same with veggies, just a couple options are fine, but if there are a ton it's even worse and will sometimes have water cook out and just make everything sloppy and it never reheats as well with the crust all waterlogged.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

^ Correct. Less is more.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

The Mighty Moltres posted:

^ Correct. Less is more.

Correct. The closer you are to cheese pizza the better

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Inspector 34 posted:

LOL if you consider veggie pizza a health food.

My pizza peeve is when pizza ends up so overloaded with toppings that it becomes a sloppy mess. I don't mind a little grease or whatever, but pizza does not need ALL the meats, just pick one or two. Same with veggies, just a couple options are fine, but if there are a ton it's even worse and will sometimes have water cook out and just make everything sloppy and it never reheats as well with the crust all waterlogged.

Agreed 100%

My pizza pet peeve is that when someone is ordering pizza for a group, they spend hours asking everyone what toppings they want. “Ok so Bob wants ham, ground beef, and onions, but Sheila doesn’t want onions- can we do half with and half without? Larry wants veggie supreme gluten free and Amanda wants double mushroom-“

gently caress. Just get some pepperoni, some cheese, and some veggie. It’s free loving pizza.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
People who don't eat their crusts. So hard to share with them because they're snarfing down their 5th slice while I'm still gnawing on my breadstick

The lady and I do a lot of Cooking for Exactly Two. Her first plate is also absolutely ridiculously tiny (sub 100 calories for sure) and I scoop the remaining 95% of the food onto my plate because I assume she took half.

"I was gonna get more after you"

DAMMIT woman just take half to begin with, I'm getting fat and you're mad at me for eating all the food

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Sorry but that's on you. Take how much you want, not how much is left. If you're eating 95% of two portions, that's too much food. You're getting fat because of too much food, not because the other person is portioning it out.

Just because it says cooking for two doesn't mean you can't have leftovers despite splitting it between two people every single time. Like I've been able to down an entire large pizza, but sometimes I only want one or two slices. "It's there" doesn't equate to "gotta eat it, right now".

e: also pizza crust is trash in most chain pizzas. If it's a thin crunchy crust, sure, but if it's the super doughy standard at pizza hut (excluding stuffed crust) or dominos etc, it's poo poo. Why "gnaw on a breadstick" if you don't want to? It's dry and chewy, i want to eat some pizza. If you're so mad about people stealing "your" slices, then order more pizza or be that "slow eater but also wants to make sure they get their share" guy who piles like 5-6 slices on a single plate.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bro I'm talking about taking 1x asparagus spear and 0.5oz of chicken, definitely not "portioning it out", lol.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

sometimes people like to go back for seconds. If they took that much it is still very weird to say "well i guess that's all they're eating, i won't even ask, i'm just going to shovel it down they are obviously done".

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It would be very weird if I said or thought those things, yes.

Are you usually using all 1,000 of your IQ points when you're splitting a meal and serving up second? You can't imagine a universe where someone would scoop up whatever's left on autopilot?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

when it's "95%" of two portions, no, I can't. You yourself admitted you're getting fat because of this. Maybe there's a connection?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Christ what a humorless redass, lol