Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I mean... They're probably just banging in the stairwell because they wanna feel good in between all that evil poo poo lol why you gotta make it some weird exploit rape thing as if both employees aren't presumably seeing the same poo poo and feeling bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Moridin920 posted:

I mean... They're probably just banging in the stairwell because they wanna feel good in between all that evil poo poo lol why you gotta make it some weird exploit rape thing as if both employees aren't presumably seeing the same poo poo and feeling bad

I'm not saying it's some evil poo poo, they're just two vulnerable traumatized people using eachother just to feel some fleeting human comfort. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm saying the reason behind why it's happening has some similarities.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1099404241079173120

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

it acts like it's some kind of revolutionary fitness thing that fundamentally changes exercise, but once the novelty factor wears off, it still boils down to the same thing - either you can make yourself keep working out even when you feel lazy and don't want to, or you don't. Doing deadlifts by throwing shiny magic balls at monsters is probably neat the first couple of times, but adding more bells and whistles to exercise doesn't change the fact that you still have to get your butt off the couch and go pick up heavy things (or pull handles in tiny black boxes I guess)

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
People going to the gym should be put on a watchlist and lose their right to vote.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

mlmp08 posted:

my singular Facebook report experience: reported a guy who posted that we should go back to lynching N-words save he spelled it out. This did not violate TOS, apparently!

Did the people he wanted to lynch have more than one qualifier? According to Facebook's rules if they're black and [something], it's fine.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Enfys posted:

it acts like it's some kind of revolutionary fitness thing that fundamentally changes exercise, but once the novelty factor wears off, it still boils down to the same thing - either you can make yourself keep working out even when you feel lazy and don't want to, or you don't. Doing deadlifts by throwing shiny magic balls at monsters is probably neat the first couple of times, but adding more bells and whistles to exercise doesn't change the fact that you still have to get your butt off the couch and go pick up heavy things (or pull handles in tiny black boxes I guess)

Take the sweaty-rear end gross foam bits that mush against your meaty face when you use a VR headset and make them more gross, plus share them among a group of similarly moist people, great idea

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

mlmp08 posted:

my singular Facebook report experience: reported a guy who posted that we should go back to lynching N-words save he spelled it out. This did not violate TOS, apparently!

When it's not those poor sods it's just an algorithm going mainly off of volume of reports. I once reported a death threat and got a response nine months later saying it was fine.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Enfys posted:

this owns lmao

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1099873056246312961

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

No.

I refuse to believe

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/josephb2112/status/1099873401953492998

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i tip my landlord every month when I pay the late fee haha

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

How much do you tip your tenant.....

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1003310506998788096

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

dropping this into every tipping debate like a tactical nuke

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Carlo sounds pretty chill.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Lambert posted:

People going to the gym should be put on a watchlist and lose their right to vote.

Lol check out this nerd

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
lol if you're not getting swole so you can be your best you in the mad Max hellfuture.

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

I like to go to the gym so that my lifetime of smoking weed and eating leftover fries while playing old video games doesn't send me to an early grave before I know the taste of a wasteland raider's machete

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

this but replace the word "all landlords" with "my wife"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Screaming Idiot posted:

this but replace the word "all landlords" with "my wife"

Does this mean everyone can gently caress your wife?

Except Carlo?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

The Bloop posted:

Does this mean everyone can gently caress your wife?

Except Carlo?

He knows what he did

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

This is so lame because it's just a gym but you wear a VR helmet while using regular gym stuff, but if it let me exactly replicate the experience+music at 23m37s of this movie then it would fuckin' own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEMtdDOnYr4

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

George H.W. oval office posted:

can I get in on this like a mechanical Turk kinda job then just steal the content and have rotten.com make a glorious resurgence?

nah given the nature of some of the content you need to be set up on whatever computer farm Facebook has set up. in a work from home situation you’d be in jail in about a day. as usual pedophiles ruin things for the honest snuff film and weird dick pic provider :(

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 18:20 on Feb 26, 2019

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/kaludiasays/status/1100483792953847808

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Shame Boy posted:

I'm surprised they actually have US contractors, I thought that was all off-shored to the Philippines for this exact reason.

You need local people to understand cultural nuances in content. It's mentioned in the article

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/02/26/leon-cooperman-amazon-being-pushed-out-of-nyc-disgraceful.html

How scared do you think the media companies and the rich people that control them are getting? I feel like I'm seeing more and more articles that are just "billionaire is mad, please listen".

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Coxswain Balls posted:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/02/26/leon-cooperman-amazon-being-pushed-out-of-nyc-disgraceful.html

How scared do you think the media companies and the rich people that control them are getting? I feel like I'm seeing more and more articles that are just "billionaire is mad, please listen".

Probably not that scared yet, because "billionaire is mad" is still enough to get an alarming number of people to listen.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

Leon Cooperman, a billionaire investor and the founder of Omega Advisors, is worried the U.S. may be steering too far left

Lol yeah that's clearly the case

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

"What we have is a bunch of candidates running on the Democratic ticket that are left-leaning, and that's, in my opinion, very counterproductive and destructive," said Cooperman, who has signed The Giving Pledge, meaning he agreed to donate most of his wealth to charitable causes.

I love that they throw in that last part even though it has nothing to do with anything for some reason :allears:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

"The editor in chief has told me I need to mention that the angry old billionaire yelling about leftism's totally real and dangerous chokehold on our country actually has a heart of gold and loves to pet puppies and kittens"

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
fug

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Plus, even if there isn't direct pressure to never badmouth billionaires, they're the ones with all the power and wealth in the world, crossing them in a big way might end up with you getting sued into oblivion, blackmailed, or disappeared somewhere and tortured depending on skin tone. Always remember, if the rich think you could actually make a difference in material conditions they'd just shoot you if they couldn't think of another way that lets them make profit from it.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
better listen to him, he's really rich so you know he's lookin out for the little guys

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Like what's even the point of that article. It's pretty much just "rich man yells at cloud".

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Local lich considers destruction of The Necronomicon "disgraceful"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

T-man posted:

Always remember, if the rich think you could actually make a difference in material conditions they'd just shoot you if they couldn't think of another way that lets them make profit from it.

No they wouldn't, they'd propagandize that you're a horrible devil creature and responsible for everything wrong so that an unstable right winger shoots you instead, then act like that's some kind of surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Coxswain Balls posted:

Um, excuse me, the term is "people of wealth".