Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

mycophobia posted:

just needed to post this somewhere

Komi-san anime not looking so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Facetious posted:

Someone help me; I can't stop watching Isekai Izakaya or Restaurant To Another World.
Aren't both of those fairly comfy shows that have more of a "Slice of Life / Client of the Week" type plot? Seems like a no-brainer, Mister. :)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

if this is true where are the women exploding out of their skin tight tissue paper clothes?

Well, they did say "a better version".

DoubleDonut posted:

Rokudou is the anti-harem protagonist and it loving rules. Also is there another manga with that big of a gap between expectations and reality w/r/t to the manga reader website description and the actual content of the manga because I can't think of any

I don't know if Masturbation Master Kurosawa counts, since the description is kinda accurate of how it starts, but it's a legitimately good story about a kid growing up, learning empathy and to take consequences for his actions.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost

Wark Say posted:

That's nothing. There was a Gintama episode with a "Ginpachi-sensei" segment where Tomokazu Sugita commented how his mom told him "Please work on your singing voice" after a certain arc.

It was in the 2 or 3 parter where Gintoki worked at a bathouse for ghosts

edit: I mean stands.

Blank Construct fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Feb 26, 2019

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm currently feeling like that bit in Evangelion where someone goes 'haha remember the good old days when we used to have seasons?'

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

get ready, ready to set mob off off

but yeah i get it. i feel like less than raising the stakes, the bigger questions are like, what does this mean or reveal or bring about wrt mob's development. it feels like a bigger escalation of the stuff in the finale of season 1. curious what you think of the resolution!

with the benefit of having read the manga, i really like the ending tho! his loving teeth clenching and hand just constantly twitching rules imo

After thinking about it I'm more open to it because HunterxHunter made me feel the same way about parts of the Chimera Ant arc and I still ended up loving it...so I'm cautiously hype now.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Julias posted:

I don't know if Masturbation Master Kurosawa counts, since the description is kinda accurate of how it starts, but it's a legitimately good story about a kid growing up, learning empathy and to take consequences for his actions.
True.

I had a job where I needed to fill like 2 hours regularly between maintenance bits and I read Bitter Virgin during that time because I hit on it randomly.
Very weird reading what I thought to be a joke manga turn into :aaa: and :wth: with a decently satisfying end.

Chichi Chichi reads like a typical awkward situations manga where the shy and withdrawn homebody protag invites his online friend to move in, who turns out to be a busty girl but the series quickly turns into nonstop titty loving with undertones of infantilization and SisCon while dangling DEEP REVELATIONS about its leads and what the gently caress am I doing with my life at this point

Additionally, Gal☆Cleaning...
begins as a typical Awkward Guy Meets Carefree Gyaru and because reasons helps her clean, with a nice handful of practical cleaning tips for readers. then the Mangaka learns it's getting cancelled so we're treated to a 3-chapter rape sequence of a secondary character.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Feb 26, 2019

Sora8185
Feb 21, 2019

How often do you drink milk?

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm currently feeling like that bit in Evangelion where someone goes 'haha remember the good old days when we used to have seasons?'

Watch it again. I would love a remake tbh. More blood and gore would be welcome, something like Blue Gender. Also yes, I do feel the same. It's February and it feels like mid January cold here (EU).

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I stumbled across Boarding School Juliet recently and I think the scene that made me grow attached to the anime/manga was when Hasuki was chasing Romio on the guarding rails or whatever you call them.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In today's Galactic Cyclone Bryger they murdered a bunch of teen hooligans. Good work J9!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The best scene was when J9 sent the leader of the biker gang to the woman who hired them because the bikers killed her cop brother, and instead of the biker learning the error of her ways or anything the two get in a cat fight and the biker pulls a knife. Badass show

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

mycophobia posted:

just needed to post this somewhere

I should rewatch Azumanga Daioh.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the end of mob ep 8 was really good.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

gmq posted:

i finished it over the weekend for the first time. aside from the uncomfortable pedo teacher jokes it was very fun and the last couple eps had some heartwarming moments

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

gmq posted:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Bryger is cool and I'm kind of hooked

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

FilthyImp posted:

True.

I had a job where I needed to fill like 2 hours regularly between maintenance bits and I read Bitter Virgin during that time because I hit on it randomly.
Very weird reading what I thought to be a joke manga turn into :aaa: and :wth: with a decently satisfying end.

Tfw you realize it has been nearly 7 years since you've completed a manga, and get an urge to reread bits of it. Bitter Virgin was one of those manga I read while going through a phase of reading romance josei/seinen, and while some bits are rather cliche, it honestly worked for the story that the author, Kei Kusunoki, was trying to tell. She manages to handle bits of the more sensitive writing rather well, especially in the back half of the manga, in part because she had experienced a miscarriage before writing this story. The weirdest part of the writing that stuck out to me at the time was how the first chapter depicts Daisuke as a playboy of sorts, but then from like the second chapter onwards he's your typical generic good boy MC. Also yeah, the ending was sweet, even though it left me wanting more.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

It's a vision of the future where instead of providing humanity with hope and opportunity private enterprise has turned space into a massively corrupt industry where the rich plunder the funds of terraforming projects and shoot the witnesses out of torpedoes into Venus' atmosphere

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

that seems pretty accurate

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

GorfZaplen posted:

Bryger is cool and I'm kind of hooked

Just the guy rocking the Von Dutch ensemble convinced me. :aaaaa:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

some kind of anime stream, tonight

homeless snail posted:

I hosed Up and thought it was thursday so encoded a bunch of Macross + Macross Frontier, but actually it turns out its tuesday and am now frantically uploading Yawara + Saki Achiga-hen. Something Will Get Streamed @ 8PM Eastern tonight, either robots or sports, I don't know what though

https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchanime

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Colonel posted:

i'm sad that i finally watched the galko ova cause now i don't have any galko left to watch and watching that reminded me that i really love the characters in galko
OH GOD IS THIS IT FOR GALKO???
Please tell me the Next School Year/Term tease means more. :cry:

Julias posted:

Tfw you realize it has been nearly 7 years since you've completed a manga, and get an urge to reread bits of it. [
:hmmyes:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Galko season 2: Galko's sister edition

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1100443084817457152

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Good Rokudou today!!!!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

same

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail posted:

saki never finished uploading so macross + macross frontier in 40 minutes for all Big Mecha Fans. lined up in such a way that both miss macross arcs happen at the same time

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

this page is amazing

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Red Panda

Kid

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
What is Dusty?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh nice! Glad of more fungus characters

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Lol excellent mascots

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
The beard is back in town

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Finally, I reached the part I've been waiting for

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Zarbon, the fourth Dragon Ball character I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

clearly he left an impression on the author