Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Angry Grimace posted:

I think you would absolutely not want a heel you plan to ever do anything with to have that angle.

Then why do it at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You're missing Dave's point and the reason that it was tasteless. Its not that Baron said a bunch of stuff about Roman Reign's cancer and then got clowned for it so its all cool. Its tasteless because WWE is using the real cancer that the real person Joe Anoaʻi has and turning it into a lame story for their show. They're trying to make money off of a loyal employee's misfortune. Its really gross.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Not just a story but revenue as well. They had that bloody shirt advertised within minutes of Roman announcing his remission.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Not just a story but revenue as well. They had that bloody shirt advertised within minutes of Roman announcing his remission.

Numerous reports were of receiving the promotional email plugging the poo poo the minute after his promo segment ended

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Numerous reports were of receiving the promotional email plugging the poo poo the minute after his promo segment ended

I got it pretty much the second they went to commercial

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Is there anything about proceeds for the shirt going anywhere good? Or are the WWE just going to the bank off it?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

dsriggs posted:

Is there anything about proceeds for the shirt going anywhere good?

lol no

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Proceeds go to Susan G Komen For The Cure

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

dsriggs posted:

Is there anything about proceeds for the shirt going anywhere good? Or are the WWE just going to the bank off it?

Well, that depends on if you count Roman.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

dsriggs posted:

It is just a new Roman Reigns shirt (about overcoming cancer).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

Well, that depends on if you count Roman.

A large percentage of the profit is going to cancer survivor.

"Don't you mean survivors?"

I know what I meant.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God you guys weren't kidding about the Ricky Steamboat chat.

Oh my God,"You should show her tapes of Ricky Steamboat!" :lol:

Gaz-L posted:

A large percentage of the profit is going to cancer survivor.

Vince: Roman's cancer affected me, Vince McMahon, and thus is actually a real thing now.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Roman will receive this year's Warrior Award.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God you guys weren't kidding about the Ricky Steamboat chat.

Oh my God,"You should show her tapes of Ricky Steamboat!" :lol:

Vince: Roman's cancer affected me, Vince McMahon, and thus is actually a real thing now.

I died at Dave not really wrapping his head around the idea that his daughter wouldn't start watching wrestling.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Look, I know a bunch of people already said it but yes the Paisley/Ricky Steamboat/Outback Steakhouse business absolutely made my day.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
The Alexa Bliss bit was good too.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Bryan went on a rant about Nia losing to Bayley and then announcing the tag-titles match was super dumb and Dave was going off about how this teaches the audience not to care about who wins, even though what actually happened was they announced the tag match before the singles match on Raw took place.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

The Alexa Bliss bit was good too.

Bryan missed the cue to get Dave to tell a dating story and I'm mad as hell about it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dave is the only guy who watched that segment and sympathised with Balor having women badger him to show his abs. (Tanahashi would also have understood but he doesn't watch Raw)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1100528365822533632

PWInsider posted:

So, Punk's side is claiming that the offer from Punk's attorney to continue to represent Cabana after Punk and Cabana had a falling out over the course of Dr. Chris Amann lawsuit would not be a legally enforceable contract that Punk alleged breached.

Punk's filing also noted that Cabana's "concession that he willingly refrained from acquiescing to Amman's demand letter preceding the underlying lawsuit and then, for more than a year, accepted and refused to financially contribute to—legal services for his own defense at significant expense to Defendant raises questions concerning unjust enrichment of Plaintiff."

Punk’s attorneys also sought to shoot down the claims of breach of contract, claiming Cabana has still not sufficiently claimed a breach of contract or fraud in the amended lawsuit under Illinois law. They also argued that Cabana’s allegations against Punk, “lack the specificity, particularity, and certainty required to sustain a pleading of fraud under Illinois law.”

That podcast episode really wasn't worth all this for either of the two

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cabana being dragged through a multi-year lawsuit for providing his friend a platform to air his grievances sure sounds like "enrichment" to me!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm extremely high and can't parse any of that legalese. Can someone summarize what it means in English?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Punk's lawyers are saying that Punk saying,"I got you, fam" doesn't constitute a legal contract.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

Punk's lawyers are saying that Punk saying,"I got you, fam" doesn't constitute a legal contract.

Yeah, I'm curious what the paper trail is gonna be like. Or if this is gonna end up People's Court(am angling for this because it sounds like the kind of wacky con both Punk and Colt would pull).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Colt cabana should have to pay for cm punk's fees since he goaded cm punk into doing a tell-all on his podcast for clicks.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Thanks J-Ru

Hope this can be litigated in Wrestlers Court, as it was meant to be.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Jfc what a prick Punk is

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Which unfortunately is potentially a viable defence depending on A: Illinois' stance on verbal contracts and B: how much evidence Colt has of the verbal contract and/or Punk and his side abiding by the implied terms of the contract, assuming such a contract WOULD be valid.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I think its extremely cool to trick your "friends", to lie to them, and to extort hundreds of thousands of dollars from them. I like it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

They're probably right, sadly.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
CM Punk is a piece of poo poo. ended up being just as scummy as any other wrestler.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's something very special about not helping your buddy with legal fees brought on by the podcast where you talked about how you find six figure cheques in your apartment that you never cashed because you just forgot about them.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Punk was also the one who convinced Cabana to fight this. Cabana was going to pull the podcast after WWE sent a cease and desist and Punk convinced him by saying he was covered for legal fees

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

Punk was also the one who convinced Cabana to fight this. Cabana was going to pull the podcast after WWE sent a cease and desist and Punk convinced him by saying he was covered for legal fees

Which weirdly Punk's lawyers are claiming as proof Colt was scamming Punk to get rich?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Or that since they were no longer fam by the end of the trial that the contract no longer applied.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

So their whole falling out came about because Cabana went backstage at Raw?

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2016/09/cm-punk-bromance-with-colt-cabana-is-apparently-over-617156/

One of the tweets in the article says "I'm told Punk thinks Colt did something that allegedly hurts his defense against the lawsuit filed by WWE's Doctor." So after that Punk cut him off financially because he felt like Colt was loving up their defense.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, which they then won. Punk is kind of a piece of poo poo in the way he treats his friends.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It was dumb of Colt to go backstage given the pending litigation but that’s a really really stupid hill for a friendship to die on

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

It was dumb of Colt to go backstage given the pending litigation but that’s a really really stupid hill for a friendship to die on

:agreed: completely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Wonder what slight his wife will give him someday that causes him to immediately ghost her, move out, and sue her for damages.