Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

post one time Trump has ever told a good story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOZrmBcOWtk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I left on a Friday, got back on Saturday, it was so weird.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Modest Mao posted:

the way trump speaks is actually really easy to listen to and it's absolutely in his favor and not embarassing.

Listening to Obama sounded official, but other than as a signal of education and power it wasn't like, fun.

Bush sounded universally dumb though yeah

I honestly couldn't read the whole thing because it was so full of filler and repetition. The way he talks I really want him to get to whatever dumbass point he's making and he never does because he's just riffing.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
idk I think the riffing and the fact that his stream of consciousness is just leaking out does in fact make him extremely easy to tune-in to while perfectly memorized and delivered speeches about grand visions only work on some people and in some contexts.

From my experience if you don't think that people listen to a lot more of Trump talking, and take in a lot more of it, as compared to Obama or Bush you're livin' in a different world. I'm actually a little shocked this is a point of contention except maybe that he's the bloo bloo bad man and obama is the good good killer of the brown people

It's like saying the beatles are trashy thoughtless noise as compared to rachmaninoff and yet somehow everyone loving knows a beatles song what do you make of that

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
if you're listening to trump and in his base you'll probably hear something within his rambling broken fragments you can focus in on and savor, but he's excruciating to listen to and i've probably listened to less than an hour of him total since the election because he's so horrible to listen to

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005
in this analogy trump is like, a less charismatic version of the shaggs

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010
Trump sorta talks like a real person and definitely doesn't give a poo poo what he says. It's "appealing" because people are sick to death of the typical robot political speak. It isn't that complicated.

Carl Von Awesomwitz
May 2, 2006

Sisko Lied, Romulans Died
why do conservatives like a rich man that believes all the things that they do and is also president and also became president by spewing talk radio caller level politics and also he makes liberals very mad and also unemployment is low (i wonder if this is a factor after 10 years of a "eat poo poo and die" economy and why his dips in the polls seem to line up to whenever the economy looks unstable) and his wife is hot and also he is obvious a criminal but gets away with it (like Americans would ever love a successful criminal) what is the key to his popularity some manner of non-erotic mind control???

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

saw this live on tv and it is still just as good as it was then

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Modest Mao posted:

idk I think the riffing and the fact that his stream of consciousness is just leaking out does in fact make him extremely easy to tune-in to while perfectly memorized and delivered speeches about grand visions only work on some people and in some contexts.

From my experience if you don't think that people listen to a lot more of Trump talking, and take in a lot more of it, as compared to Obama or Bush you're livin' in a different world. I'm actually a little shocked this is a point of contention except maybe that he's the bloo bloo bad man and obama is the good good killer of the brown people

It's like saying the beatles are trashy thoughtless noise as compared to rachmaninoff and yet somehow everyone loving knows a beatles song what do you make of that

He's an idiot. You have to ignore what he's saying to enjoy it. His appeal is that he's shockingly incompetent, somehow

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

hackbunny posted:

He's an idiot. You have to ignore what he's saying to enjoy it. His appeal is that he's shockingly incompetent, somehow

his appeal is that his opponents are by and large even bigger idiots than him

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Roosevelt posted:

post one time Trump has ever told a good story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqtRb1utdYQ

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Giggy posted:

Trump sorta talks like a real person and definitely doesn't give a poo poo what he says. It's "appealing" because people are sick to death of the typical robot political speak. It isn't that complicated.

What is wrong with the real people in your life?

No one does this start one sentence, end another thing

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Trump's way of speaking perfectly encapsulates a combination of "senile racist uncle" and "used car dealer who doesn't know what he's talking about and even if he did he's lying anyway" that it flips a switch in my brain that makes me zone out whatever he's saying.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

A Handed Missus posted:

this has made me remember trulp reading that loving snake poem, complete with adlibs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSrOXvoNLwg

this one pops into my head about once a month as i'm drifting off to sleep and i lol at how hacky the writers for our reality are

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Gobblecoque posted:

Trump's way of speaking perfectly encapsulates a combination of "senile racist uncle" and "used car dealer who doesn't know what he's talking about and even if he did he's lying anyway" that it flips a switch in my brain that makes me zone out whatever he's saying.

Apt, since both of those characters are fairly successful in life, and the people they prey upon are Trump's very core base

He's a salesman, with a well-crafted schtick. His act falls flat with you because it isn't meant to work on you, it works on people who are whatever combination of dumb, scared, desparate, and gullible makes them viable marks.

E: also his core thing was "not a politician" which is a good angle when our popular culture is full of corrupt, lovely politicians and people are finally starting to get angry about it in large numbers. It shouldn't have worked, and probably wouldn't have if Hillary hadn't fully embraced that aspect of herself in some foolhardy attempt to take the high road around that comparison

Javid has issued a correction as of 02:25 on Feb 27, 2019

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
twitter's been pretty funny lately.

which reminded me of this

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/740973710593654784

lmfao

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
There are people still deployed in the ongoing conflicts started as a result of 9/11 that are too young to remember 9/11

https://twitter.com/ughitsaaron/status/1100253707541860352

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Streak posted:

lmfao

I was still ensconced in liberal circles a bit at the time, and I remember being baffled at people being into her saying that.

"She repeated a common meme? In a context where it wasn't particularly witty? And everyone thinks it's genius? What?"

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

ikanreed posted:

I was still ensconced in liberal circles a bit at the time, and I remember being baffled at people being into her saying that.

"She repeated a common meme? In a context where it wasn't particularly witty? And everyone thinks it's genius? What?"

people have done the same poo poo for AOC. it was novel to see politicians acknowledge the online world even if it was really jus their interns on the account

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Streak posted:

lmfao

https://twitter.com/Jessewelle/status/741144994568937473
https://twitter.com/CloydRivers/status/741046079274123264
https://twitter.com/Reince/status/740993607289688065

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

sometimes i successfully forget this guy exists. those are happy times.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

R. Guyovich posted:

sometimes i successfully forget this guy exists. those are happy times.

What is HAPPY? The only pee I know of is the pee tape.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
History made.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Stephen Miller was getting takeout when someone flipped him off, so Miller threw his order - $80 worth of sushi - straight in the trash because he's a big baby.

No one man deserves that much sushi

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kanye West went MAGA for two weeks.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

ikanreed posted:

lol, thinking about when trump got in a slapfight on twitter with El Chapo and then wore a bulletproof vest in public for a few weeks

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

O͙̯̠ͣ͗͘ ͓͉̹͖̟̮͐ͪ̄̈͒ͮR̙͔͙ͅ ̱̺̖̠̼ͮͯ͞B̹́̋̉̾̚

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Crazycryodude posted:

O͙̯̠ͣ͗͘ ͓͉̹͖̟̮͐ͪ̄̈͒ͮR̙͔͙ͅ ̱̺̖̠̼ͮͯ͞B̹́̋̉̾̚

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Obamaphones

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Giggy posted:

He can barely make it through a sentence without interrupting himself with a caveat or anecdote or non-sequitor. It’s the auditory equivalent of watching a JJ Abrams action scene. I just end up not knowing what’s going on and feeling mildly nauseous.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

remember when w bush was the candidate you'd be most likely to sit down and have a beer with? even though he'd order a diet coke cause he doesn't drink and then he'd probably make fun of you

imagine sitting down at the local tavern and having a beer with donald trump

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Roosevelt posted:

remember when w bush was the candidate you'd be most likely to sit down and have a beer with? even though he'd order a diet coke cause he doesn't drink and then he'd probably make fun of you

imagine sitting down at the local tavern and having a beer with donald trump

Just remembered that Trump doesn't drink and maybe it's better for everyone that he doesn't

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Trump being a teetotal because of his brother's alcoholism is probably the only genuinely human thing about him.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Trump being a teetotal because of his brother's alcoholism is probably the only genuinely human thing about him.

he loves to bang whores and hear people say nice things about him on TV, he's extremely human which is why he's also terrible

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ScrubLeague posted:

he loves to bang whores and hear people say nice things about him on TV, he's extremely human which is why he's also terrible

not at all what I meant by "genuinely human" but I get your point

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

don't forget the rich guy mountains of cocaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

trying to remember the details on this one from the preTrump era which has basically overwritten my memory

he chainsawed the tax code or a budget or something, right?