Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Plan Z posted:

Is there something about Marc Maron beyond his podcast? His standup's pretty run-of-the-mill, but I've always been confused by the praise that comedians a million times funnier throw on him.

He's supposed to be pretty good in GLOW, which is on my to-watch list.

If you listen to comedy podcasts and radio shows, the consensus among the big dogs of comedy is/was that Marc Maron is the guy you copied it you wanted to get famous. His brand of anxiety-ridden, low-key observational and anecdotal stand-up gave birth to a lot of young comics who are running poo poo today. The best example is Patton Oswalt, who loves and is a big fan of Maron, but if you watch their earliest works you can tell Oswalt is just repackaging Marin’s shtick from Curmudgeon to Nerd.

The main reason Maron wasn’t like the funniest guy on late night 10 years ago is his own anxiety and self-destructive behaviors, but he gets tossed around in a lot of the same meetings that Conan and Jay Leno get brought up in, if you can believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
what the gently caress are you talking about

FourthBrassMonkey
Dec 26, 2018
This question answers itself with every new episode. Homer has been written to be dumber than a potato. Bart has lost any semblance of mischievous wit. And Marge still hasn't released a sex tape. Unacceptable.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
After I caught up on Family Guy some Simpsons from this season started playing.

It had one or two mirthful chuckles but mostly just the ghost of jokes, like the dead space where a joke would be. Lisa is utterly decharacterized and is just “Female-Small, Stand-In” now and Julie Kavner seriously sounds like she has both feet in the grave.

It’s surreal to think of it as the same show that had the golden era, it’s just not.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

The republican meeting at mr burns mansion , the Rush Limbaugh parody , then the Krusty running as a Republican senator.
Had that scene been in the later seasons it would have been like: “Wow, it’s Bill O’Reilly! Yeah, welcome to the no-fact zone!”

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
I think you mean Mill McMeilly

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

FourthBrassMonkey posted:

This question answers itself with every new episode. Homer has been written to be dumber than a potato. Bart has lost any semblance of mischievous wit. And Marge still hasn't released a sex tape. Unacceptable.

marge was in playboy

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

https://twitter.com/YrOnlyHope/status/1100413671858069507?s=20

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I'm the completely static frame of Homer as the elastic magically wraps around his arm.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Lol that tree face thing is from the Rainforest Cafe.

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Krusty releases an all-female reboot of "Itchy and Scratchy," so Bart and his crew of all-male friends decide to boycott the show. After Bart's friends turn on him for laughing at the reboot, Bart joins a woke group of sixth-grade girls who commit crimes against patriarchy in the all-new "Bart Vs. Itchy & Scratchy" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, March 24 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3010) (TV-14 L, S, V)

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
It's hosed up when you can't tell if that's a real episode or not

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Krusty releases an all-female reboot of "Itchy and Scratchy," so Bart and his crew of all-male friends decide to boycott the show. After Bart's friends turn on him for laughing at the reboot, Bart joins a woke group of sixth-grade girls who commit crimes against patriarchy in the all-new "Bart Vs. Itchy & Scratchy" episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, March 24 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3010) (TV-14 L, S, V)

No fucken way.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
lol I'm loving done, it's real

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
"Woke" was my safety blanket, the canary that it had to be a fake episode. I don't know what to believe any more :psypop:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

So by that timeline we should be getting a Bortnite episode next year

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Just end this goddamn show already

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

perfect

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This sounds so terrible that I think I may actually watch it.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
with the real vs fake simpsons episode summaries, the real ones are always worse, its amazing

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

:negative:

Stop...please, just stop...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZzlPGnKdU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

dsriggs posted:

Just end this goddamn show already

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
in the Simpsons movie part 2 : the search for Apu, the Simpsons family goes on a wild ride in search of their long lost family friend! with plenty of familiar faces along the way and some new ones, you’ll be sure to have a blast! Guest voices include Mindy Kaling, Snoop, Teresa Giudice and Kim Kardashian

“critics widely panned the second simpsons movie, saying that the Bollywood inspired reunion with Apu was at best derivative and cringeworthy, and at worst racist and offensive.”

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

with the real vs fake simpsons episode summaries, the real ones are always worse, its amazing

Aside from the post above mine (since Simpsons Movie 2 hasn't happened yet) has anyone ever actually posted a fake episode description? They're always real. No matter how bad they are... They're always real

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Much like Fake trump tweets, it's almost impossible to come up with something as bad as the real thing

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Lol at two episodes on that page having "The Simpsons are going to...." in their episode descriptions.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

al jean retire bitch

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

tbf they've done stuff like the episode where Homer starts the tea party so it can't be that much worse.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
But which tea party? Are they still able to make an episode where homer goes back in time to meet Ben Franklin to tell him he drives a tesla? How about making Hamilton and complaining about the lack of singing?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Fawf posted:

al jean retire bitch

As bad as everything else is, this might be the real reason poo poo is so dire now. He literally thinks this poo poo is good, so why fix what's clearly not broken?

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

As bad as everything else is, this might be the real reason poo poo is so dire now. He literally thinks this poo poo is good, so why fix what's clearly not broken?

If I was still getting a paycheck that size I would assume everything was fine despite what the internet says.

I'd probably punch a lot of mirrors and constantly be in doubt of myself, but that probably happens with actual funny and talented people anyways soooo....

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Musk_Who_Fell_to_Earth what is this garbage

is it as bad as this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGR5HP3KSBk

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

rise up

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The Elon episode is probably one of the worst I've seen. I swear he has more lines than any other character, and Elon just sounds like he's half-asleep reading a grocery list. It really sucks up to him, too.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I bet that creep pays shows to cameo on them. He wants to be famous so badly

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Jfc someone please kill this show

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Improbable Lobster posted:

I bet that creep pays shows to cameo on them. He wants to be famous so badly

Don't forget he was in Iron Man 2

Adbot