Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I hope to God that is all linen or hightech fibres. The land looks like it's gonna be a heatsink, maybe not as much as Toy Story as it has actual interior stores and restaurants, but I don't remember any greenery in the concept art fo it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
That was my first thought as well: those uniforms look like guaranteed cases of heatstroke come summertime.

My second thought: if cast members get to wear whatever combination they choose, who buys the various articles? Are they provided by Disney for free? How many? Are they laundered by Disney, or is it the cast’s job to do their own uniform washing?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

There's apparently over 200 costume combinations, that's wild.

https://twitter.com/atcat26/status/1100657842250338309?s=19

https://twitter.com/atcat26/status/1100658203824553984?s=19

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

E: double post

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

it'd be really neat if they get to make their combination daily. Just to give them some variety you know?

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Yeah my friend immediately said “long sleeves”?

I guess when Pandora opened they didn’t have any non-hot options and after a couple of cast members drop from heat exhaustion during previews they decided to do something.

I like the direction they’re going with costumes being one of a set pool. That secret club has like 5 or 6 interchangeable options for their bartenders so they can kind of create their own look.

Close up of the name tags:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
It looks like a BB8 that let itself go.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
BBAte

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1100890518731587584?s=19

Here we gooooo

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Can’t wait for CMs to hit the floor during previews!

Seriously they look great. I hope they are breathable for y’all.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Some sort of news is coming in roughly an hour, 12:10am EST

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Looks like an embargo on Galaxies Edge stuff lifted.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/02/28/tour-star-wars-galaxys-edge-disney-theme-parks/

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

ho-lee poo poo y'all this is really happening. They are going to make so much loving money. All of this stuff is exclusive to Galaxy's Edge far as I can tell, and it doesn't even include the outrageously expensive but assuredly gorgeous lightsabers that they haven't fully revealed yet.

Pets:

Droids:

Toys:

Duds:

"Milk":

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Jesus christ Disney just take all my money please.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

This Paste article describing the rides

https://amp.pastemagazine.com/articles/2019/02/the-rides-of-star-wars-galaxys-edge.html

They did it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

y'know I thought the Millennium Falcon ride was gonna be the big ticket item and Rise of the Resistance was gonna be like the Na'vi River, a ride designed to make sure everyone isn't going to the one ride in the new place that everyone wants to ride

but holy loving poo poo Rise of the Resistance sounds like one of the most epic things Disney's ever undertaken. Calling it a "dark ride" would be like calling Star Wars "a movie".

edit: here's a gallery of food items and their in-universe identities. They could probably get kids to eat all sorts of weird poo poo if they call it things like Fried Endorian Tip-Yip or Roasted Burra Fish (from the same planet as Darth Maul!!). Though I think Ithorian Garden Loaf still sounds hella unappealing. Honestly, the Ronto Wrap sounds kinda dope, I'm down for Disney making a sauce with szechuan peppercorns.

(also, if you have any ideas for a backstory for "A raspberry crème puff topped with passion fruit mousse, and a chocolate cake with white chocolate mouse and coffee-flavored custard" give Disney a ring. I imagine my suggestion of "What The gently caress Do You Want, It's Chocolate, Everyone In The Galaxy Loves Chocolate" probably won't make it past the drawing board)

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Feb 28, 2019

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I'm going to end up buying into the hard ticket event for this aren't I? gently caress. gently caress.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Those dolls are hella cute. I’m gonna need that porg, Rey, and Kylo.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Waiting until it releases before I fall for hyperbole again especially with Disney. Granted it’s telling that they’re going full swing on Star Wars compared to their plan right before Avatar released which was “we need to tamper expectations”.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I always saw Pandora as the trial run for themed lands; better to do the prototyping with an intellectual property nobody really cares about. It makes sense that they weren’t sure how Pandora would turn out. With all the lessons from Pandora, plus whatever they managed to steal glean from Universal’s Harry Potter experience, they’re much more confident in Galaxy’s Edge. And it’s working. Even though I should know better than to get excited, I am all the same.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I need more details on those lightsabers now. I'm pretty much already committed to buying one, but still would like to know more.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Can’t wait to angry drink some green alien tidday juice in the sweltering Florida sun tbh

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Replace all the fountain drink machines with the goofy green milk cow fish alien from last Jedi. I'll do my best Luke impression everytime after taking a swig.

It sounds like they are doubling down on animatronics for a lot of the new rides. Sounds like a direct response to Universal's overuse of screens.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I am in Star Wars Nerd heaven right now. I can't wait to see all this poo poo.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Wanna swing dat lightsaber

Wanna pet a tauntaun

Wanna drink green tiddy

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Looks pretty sweet. This will probably convince my father in law to get back down to Disney for the first time since my husband was 5.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

My god that Hondo animatronic, I think they actually made me even more hype. Can’t wait to make it rain on some empire scum.

https://twitter.com/ed92live/status/1101089572669349888?s=21

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Damnit if they don't have my cornish hen roast Porg dish I'm totally buying one at walmart and putting it on a stick and taking it to HS. I'll be instagram famous.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004

kri kri posted:

My god that Hondo animatronic, I think they actually made me even more hype. Can’t wait to make it rain on some empire scum.

https://twitter.com/ed92live/status/1101089572669349888?s=21

Holy hell I thought it was a person for a hot sec.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Magic Kingdom Disney after hours event is totally worth it.

Animal Kingdom is not

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

skipdogg posted:

Magic Kingdom Disney after hours event is totally worth it.

Animal Kingdom is not

Hollywood Studios absolutely is too, we stayed on Alien Saucer Spin 14 times in a row at the request of our daughter. Only problem is you need to venture out of TSL to get the free snacks.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
But everest at night is the best

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Yeah I did Everest 10 times at After Hours, Dinosaur 4 times, saw Rivers of Light from the VIP section with like, 100 people total and rode FOP twice. Could've snuck in a third time if we didn't go for ice cream. Totally worth it.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

We had a bad night at AK DAH. 90 minute FOP wait which was nuts. We ended up leaving by 10pm

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Cais posted:

Yeah I did Everest 10 times at After Hours, Dinosaur 4 times, saw Rivers of Light from the VIP section with like, 100 people total and rode FOP twice. Could've snuck in a third time if we didn't go for ice cream. Totally worth it.

I watched Rivers of Light from the VIP section last time. I went into it with lowered expectations and found that I enjoyed it significantly more from the VIP section because all the elements visually line up correctly. I also got a night with not much wind and the water screens worked well.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

skipdogg posted:

We had a bad night at AK DAH. 90 minute FOP wait which was nuts. We ended up leaving by 10pm

Ooh yeah. The secret is to start on the other side away from Pandora while they clear out the day guests. By the time we walked over there it was a walk on.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

We did that. Got on FOP at 8:45, came off at 9:15. Went back in line and it CM’s we’re telling people it was 90 minutes. Line was all the way down the ramps and outside.

It probably got better towards 10:30 or 11 but I wasn’t waiting that long. I don’t know how many tickets they sold or if they only had one theater running, but 90 minutes is ridiculous for a 125 dollar hard ticket that promoted little to no wait.

Edit. This guy was there that night too

https://twitter.com/wdw_therapy/status/1100595012906246145?s=21

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Mar 2, 2019

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They finally announced the new Gwazi for Busch Gardens and WOW

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ta...%3ftemplate=amp

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

skipdogg posted:

We did that. Got on FOP at 8:45, came off at 9:15. Went back in line and it CM’s we’re telling people it was 90 minutes. Line was all the way down the ramps and outside.

It probably got better towards 10:30 or 11 but I wasn’t waiting that long. I don’t know how many tickets they sold or if they only had one theater running, but 90 minutes is ridiculous for a 125 dollar hard ticket that promoted little to no wait.

Edit. This guy was there that night too

https://twitter.com/wdw_therapy/status/1100595012906246145?s=21

sounds like they're way overselling AK's nights.

When the gently caress are we getting Epcot late night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

sounds like they're way overselling AK's nights.

Pandora is still the new hotness, right? So even if they sold the same number of tickets as before Pandora opened, a disproportionate number of people will go there instead of wandering around the rest of the park. Should Disney sell fewer tickets for the After Hours events just because a new attraction opened? (Semi-serious question. It seems like Disney just needs to eat some profits to keep fans happy in situations like this, but it’s a bit perverse that they need to reduce ticket sales when something opens.)