Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Procrastine posted:

So scorbunny = scorch/score + bunny and sobble = soggy(?) + bubble, what's grookey besides monkey?

Galar map:

The geographical links to Great Britain are kind of loose here, what I assume to be London is in the center with the clock tower, and the hill figures are north of it, when hill figures are mostly a Southern England thing. Scotland is the ice zone because of course it is. Is one of the cliff areas meant to be Devon (assuming the fossils are found in the Devon equivalent because Devonian period)? If so, once again much further north than it should be. Wales gets completely ignored, rip. I'll defer to people with more knowledge of British geography than me, I'm just guessing wildly off what little I know.

The city on top looks like the London equivalent to me, see the Big Ben and London Eye on the left side and the big building in the middle looks like the Shard with a dome on top?

The town in the middle looks like it's supposed to be Manchester, that tower looks like Manchester Town Hall:

So the lakes below that could be the Lake District. I think it's pretty much an upside-down England

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

They've finally done it. They've made a game so linear that the new region is just a straight vertical line.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Avalerion posted:

Team Brexit.

Would be cool if the new team wanted to dissolve the pokemon league or decertify all the gyms.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Which town is Ireland?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Which town is Ireland?

It's the postgame second region

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Procrastine posted:

The geographical links to Great Britain are kind of loose here, what I assume to be London is in the center with the clock tower, and the hill figures are north of it, when hill figures are mostly a Southern England thing.

Provided the map hasn’t been flipped, the location of the Main city is basically where Manchester and Liverpool sit which would make sense considering all the red brick buildings and industrial imagery.

Plus screw London.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

They've finally done it. They've made a game so linear that the new region is just a straight vertical line.

Nah, the way the towns are spread out isn't as linear as Black and White, the game that was supposed to be based on the US

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Borsche69 posted:

It does kinda look like we'll be progressing bottom to top.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Borsche69 posted:

It kinda looks more like a vertical Kanto to me, in that once you get to that middle section there are like 3-5 different towns you can go back and forth between. That mushroom forest and weird mountainous area on the left look like an interesting diversion, too.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Avalerion posted:

Team Brexit.

Introducing POKEMON LEAVE and POKEMON REMAIN, coming late 2019.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Borsche69 posted:

Could be that it's open world and you can gently caress around wherever you want between the starting down and Pokemon League and beat the gyms in whatever order you want (the levels/moves scale with how many badges you have).

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's up with those gigantic backpacks? Are your guys lugging around saint cloths?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1100764141638307841?s=20

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
All I can say is they'd better have a fight with the Queen in the game and she'd better own a legendary Corgi Pokemon or this game was pointless

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I see... five stadiums? Guessing we start with green vs Blue as the two big rival teams either side of middlechester and then move up to brown, black and purple.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Game looks nice, but these starters are dire. Would definitely have taken the fakes over these.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Calaveron posted:

What's up with those gigantic backpacks? Are your guys lugging around saint cloths?

Carrying around their footie kit at all time

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It’s the final evos that matter anyway. Water dragon has potential!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Re: Random Battles

"Bring Repels" is not an answer to this, because I still want to encounter wild Pokémon. I simply want to choose which ones I encounter, instead of encountering an endless stream of garbage mons the moment I enter a cave while looking for one Clefairy or something.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

OgretailFood posted:

Grass monkey is cute

I normally just decide my starter by cuteness I too think I shall take the grass monkey.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Grass Roots monkey

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

El Burbo posted:

Carrying around their footie kit at all time

I can't wait for this game's Blitzball.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I don't know but I like the big, square one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man. I'm gonna be a sourpuss about this game for a bit.

Looks pretty, but the areas seem limited, locked camera, loving random encounters, no pokemon following you, starters aren't grabbing me (final evos hopefully change that) and the region's looking really linear.

Gotta wait to see what those six stadiums are, but they do look fairly gym-like from that battle footage. Bah.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i have decided my unreasonable expectation for the game is that to match the standard set by gold/silver, the postgame will be the entire kalos region. do not disappoint me nintendo!!!!!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Scorbunny is cool and my friend.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
In the limited places there is text it seems to be English except made to look more like a generic script.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Somehow caves still full of zubats, geodudes and wingulls

ReverseStratum
Jan 20, 2019

Sideshow.
Between random encounters and having pokemon actually in the world, I don't really like either. Encountering 500 trashmons you don't care about and sitting around waiting for what you want to show up are both pretty annoying and boring.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Nobody bother making react videos to the direct - Nintendo is going apeshit right now on Youtube. I got an email notification for Jim Sterling's upload and it was blocked within the 10 seconds it took me to click on the link.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
https://twitter.com/scruffyturtles/status/1100777802289348609?s=21

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Good

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

Nobody bother making react videos to the direct - Nintendo is going apeshit right now on Youtube. I got an email notification for Jim Sterling's upload and it was blocked within the 10 seconds it took me to click on the link.

Somehow Nintendo's games/trailers go viral in spite of them.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

So both logos have wolf heads. Will both cover legendaries be wolves/wolf-themed, are we going back to Gen 1 and not having cover legendaries, or are the wolf heads only on the logo and completely unrelated to the cover legendaries?

What's even the third alternative to sword and shield? Is it going to be a jewel, going with poké-America having legendaries based on Taoism and Japanese mythology?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The city on top looks like the London equivalent to me, see the Big Ben and London Eye on the left side and the big building in the middle looks like the Shard with a dome on top?

The town in the middle looks like it's supposed to be Manchester, that tower looks like Manchester Town Hall:

So the lakes below that could be the Lake District. I think it's pretty much an upside-down England

Yeah the London Eye comparison has convinced me, it's upside down England.

MikeJF posted:

I see... five stadiums? Guessing we start with green vs Blue as the two big rival teams either side of middlechester and then move up to brown, black and purple.

Green below the hill figure, blue to the right next to the lighthouse, brown above green in the cliff area, purple in the mushroom zone above brown, black in the ice area right from purple? That would suggest either they're all close together progression-wise, or the game's progression isn't just "start at south, work your way north" like it seems to be.

e: no, rewatching the trailer the route 1 sign seems to be at the south end of the map

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TaurusOxford posted:

That's the Pokemon company, they have different rules than Nintendo

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
I swear, Grookey is going to evolve into a massive kickass gorilla.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you don't mind imports, this site has Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu for $41.99

https://www.massgenie.com/nintendo-switch-pokemon-let-go-pikachu-95964d6533779064

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
https://twitter.com/Sir5000/status/1100761812050501632

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Procrastine posted:

What's even the third alternative to sword and shield?

https://twitter.com/Sir5000/status/1100761812050501632

EDIT: Beaten lol