Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Where are the starters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
How the heck did they miss making the rabbit grass type and naming it Scorburrow

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

CubeTheory posted:

How the heck did they miss making the rabbit grass type and naming it Scorburrow

As much as I hate the Chinese Zodiac theory...

Scarborough would have been a much better pun though. You're right.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
I want a water/dragon Loch Ness Monster legendary

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Wonder what the obligatory Beatles reference will be.

4 new beetle Pokémon?

Or a walrus, hippo, bird, rabbit?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ulio posted:

Somehow Nintendo's games/trailers go viral in spite of them.

lmfao yeah how did they ever survive before youtuber69 made a video of himself wackily reacting to game trailers.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

If you beat the Elite Four you get to rejoin the EU.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
all the people complaining about wild encounters being back are the same ones who said “if you don’t like the new mechanic you don’t have to play the game :smug:” to anyone complaining about Let’s Go. it’s pretty funny. also,

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

when do we go to Poke-Ireland and get drunk

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Yessss! This is fantastic!

Oh god, I have three pokemon games to beat before this comes out. poo poo, I'm so behind!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Scorbunny has a very stupid name but she’s good and cute and powerful

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
https://twitter.com/heropaulsee/status/1100781301085294592

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Deleted. Always screenshot the tweet.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Ariong posted:

Deleted. Always screenshot the tweet.

They deleted and reposted for some reason.

https://twitter.com/heropaulsee/status/1100784204428627968

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Procrastine posted:

So both logos have wolf heads. Will both cover legendaries be wolves/wolf-themed, are we going back to Gen 1 and not having cover legendaries, or are the wolf heads only on the logo and completely unrelated to the cover legendaries?

Willing to bet this is depicting the cover legendary.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
So the fakes were right about a grass monkey and a fire bunny, but not the platypus.

That's a shame, I liked that platypus :smith:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Heck yes it's coming home

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

say hello to the new grass starter

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Weird way to spell Chelsea

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I think it is probably going to be grass fighting. I hope it gets good speed and attack...

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the monkey is stupid, and ugly. oh how I hate it

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Pyrotoad posted:

So the fakes were right about a grass monkey and a fire bunny, but not the platypus.

That's a shame, I liked that platypus :smith:

That's ok. You get a shy chameleon instead :)

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Ok, full trailer/map analysis:

0:59 Route 1 sign, I think this is the town at the very south, with the camera crossing the bridge. There's an extra house not on the map but it's otherwise the same

1:02 Windmill, I think this is the same town as before, if you look carefully on the map there's even a tiny weathervane on the house south of the windmill

1:04 The "green" stadium, this is the center-West of the map with the yellow fields

1:06 Your house, I think this is the house at the south of the map shaped like an upside-down L

1:16 The purple house at the edge of the lake to the North-East of the starting town, the pokéball mat is visible on the map

1:17 A forest, this could be basically anywhere

1:18 The central city with the clock tower

1:19 Back to the green stadium, grass themed?

1:21 Somewhere in the ice area

1:25 I think this might be just South of the bridge to the first town?

1:32 Is this the small ice islands to the East of the grey city? Who is using a parasol here

1:41 Battle in a stadium

1:44 Appears to be the circular plaza in poké-London

1:45 A mine area, possibly in the brown rectangle to the East of the grey city

1:47 The hill figure near the green stadium. Also not all hill figures have giant dicks

1:49 Lotta books here, professor's lab?

4:48 Kalos is Greek for beauty, Galar is Irish for disease

5:15 The word "gym" is used

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
gently caress you guys, me and that rabbit are gonna be friends for life

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

GRASS MONKEY CHUNKY, THAT FUNKY MONKEY

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if the monkey is music and the rabbit is sports what entertainment will the water thing be themed after

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Brother Entropy posted:

if the monkey is music and the rabbit is sports what entertainment will the water thing be themed after

The great English pastime of being miserable and rainy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Brother Entropy posted:

Brexit

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Brother Entropy posted:

Visual arts?

Either way, I want to try the rabbit and monkey so bad.

I’m glad that they took one of my big complaints about Alola and fixed it by making a larger, more diverse area to play in. Tropical islands get old after a while.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
If they give that monkey a stupid HA like Own Tempo I'll be disappointed.

What other sound/music based abilities are there?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Brother Entropy posted:

Water sports

Edit: Wait, no

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ifthis game really is Pokemon UK, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch better be in the game :cobert:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Xander B Coolridge posted:

If they give that monkey a stupid HA like Own Tempo I'll be disappointed.

What other sound/music based abilities are there?

they could, y'know, make a new ability for it

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

CubeTheory posted:

Good question. I guess they were married to those three animals and we've already had a Fire monkey and lizard as starters so. :shrug:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Man we already had a monkey starter though :(

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Holy poo poo, I was wondering to myself whether all the "Discover [Region]!" videos the Pokemon YT channel was posting were a lead-up to a Gen 8 announcement, and I can't believe I was right.

I'm joining the grass monkey club.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but i'm hype as gently caress. I just need to finish UM now and get all my Mon's from all my 3DS games ironed out and uploaded to the Pokmebank. Did they say that officially yet? That Switch will support the bank and we can migrate our favorite mons? This'll be the game that makes me get a Switch.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but i'm hype as gently caress. I just need to finish UM now and get all my Mon's from all my 3DS games ironed out and uploaded to the Pokmebank. Did they say that officially yet? That Switch will support the bank and we can migrate our favorite mons? This'll be the game that makes me get a Switch.

No announcement yet, but I would be shocked if Bank didn't support Gen 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

They haven't said anything yet, but I'm pretty sure that they'll at least try. Unless the game is so massively different that it's just impossible. Either way, don't assume that your thousands of buddies in storage are safe until said so.

Anyway, what are the chances that Scorbunny doesn't become Fighting in the future? It's got the bandage on its nose and a scrappy personality, so we all know how that tends to go in anime.