Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atlas barfed
Aug 17, 2006
http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/d/richmond-1991-nissan-hardbody-d21/6807169212.html

What's that on the side?

Dunno what stands out, either the gremlin-looking thing over the 'I-KILLM', or what looks to me like Vietnam service ribbon stickers on the quarter windows.

Bet that origami looking rabbit thing is covering up an idiot light.

Bonus Joop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jepp!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Please clap!

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
This isn't awesome or super awful, but ads like this always confuse me.
https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/d/spanaway-1967-pontiac-package-deal/6811216401.html

You have four rusty hulks you want to offload, but you're ONLY selling them as a group (as a pile?). None of those strike me as super desireable, and an average of $1500 each seems a stretch, except MAYBE for the one that actually moves under its own power.

Is this just someone who doesn't ACTUALLY want to sell their junk and it's just up to say "Yeah honey, I tried to sell it but no one was interested" or is it someone who legit thinks their pile of scrap is worth 15k and they're cutting a hell of a deal?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah, curious where the 428 ended up. (Probably now the unibody of a Hyundai).

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

NO LOWBALLS I KNOW WHAT I GOT :clint:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
The offer to deliver the cars seems real suspicious to me

Either the guy genuinely believes that it's a deal too good to pass up and he'll have the cars off his property in no time, or he thinks that he will never have to make good on it, and he can tell his SO that he's even offering to move the cars himself, but no one is buying

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

The offer to deliver the cars seems real suspicious to me

Either the guy genuinely believes that it's a deal too good to pass up and he'll have the cars off his property in no time, or he thinks that he will never have to make good on it, and he can tell his SO that he's even offering to move the cars himself, but no one is buying

The only other thing I can think of is someone offered him 5k for scrap value or something, and he's testing the waters to see if he can get more? The delivery aspect still seems sketchy to me then. Maybe the person who wrote up the ad isn't the same person who actually has all the stuff and wants to get rid of it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Maybe, just maybe these were Pontiac prototypes smuggled out from their HQ.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm like 80% sure these things ran when they were new :thunk:

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

Powershift posted:

I'm like 80% sure these things ran when they were new :thunk:

This generation was FWD and used the Taurus' AX4N transmission, which could barely deal with the weight and power of that platform and they put it in a bigger car with a bigger engine and didn't really do anything to improve it.

The early versions of this automatic were so bad they suffered from geartrain meltdown:

https://www.autosafety.org/ford-automatic-4-speed/

The transmission oil pump is inside the vertically mounted valve body and is driven by a tiny little bullshit washer with teeth cut into it in the torque converter body that always strips. Then you lose apply pressure for your clutch packs and bands, and you go no more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcE5fHZyn2M

A bit off topic I suppose, but I had a 98 Taurus that was incredibly poo poo and I like to try to warn people away from cars that use it's terrible bits.

Vanagoon fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 15, 2019

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Vanagoon posted:

This generation was FWD and used the Taurus' AX4N transmission, which could barely deal with the weight and power of that platform and they put it in a bigger car with a bigger engine and didn't really do anything to improve it.

The early versions of this automatic were so bad they suffered from geartrain meltdown:

https://www.autosafety.org/ford-automatic-4-speed/

The transmission oil pump is inside the vertically mounted valve body and is driven by a tiny little bullshit washer with teeth cut into it in the torque converter body that always strips. Then you lose apply pressure for your clutch packs and bands, and you go no more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcE5fHZyn2M

A bit off topic I suppose, but I had a 98 Taurus that was incredibly poo poo and I like to try to warn people away from cars that use it's terrible bits.

Ah the AX4S and AX4N. A lot of the failures were due to the piston. If they only spent a couple bucks more...

But they pale in comparison to the greatest Ford/Mazda pile of poo poo transmission known to mankind. The CD4E.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Who wants to take the plunge :getin:

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
[img]69 amx https://imgur.com/gallery/33w53nf[/img]

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

KakerMix posted:

I liked the phrase "bad Florida drivers."

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

KakerMix posted:

I neeeed it. I hate that 90s green though.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/790616497954051/ :raise:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Screenshot dude

Holy poo poo that interior :lol:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
Trying to figure out what the piping going to the trunk is for. Based on the giant scoop and the piping size, I’m guessing some kind of rear mount radiator?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

slidebite posted:

Screenshot dude

Holy poo poo that interior :lol:

enhance

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

hattersmad posted:

Trying to figure out what the piping going to the trunk is for. Based on the giant scoop and the piping size, I’m guessing some kind of rear mount radiator?

Yup https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/a14546274/trolls-royce-corbin-goodwin-for-sale/

E- 11k was a better price https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1979-rolls-royce-silver-shadow/

Snowy fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 18, 2019

hattersmad
Feb 21, 2015

In this style, 10/6
Ha, I didn’t realize it was done by the no fucks given RX-7 guy. Totally reminded me of that car, but I figured it was a copy cat. Glad to see he’s still doing his thing.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Snowy posted:

enhance

:catstare:

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan
I remember thinking $11k was high when it was on BaT; $20k is absurd

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

KakerMix posted:

Little far from TX, but do want.

Kind of want to buy it and do it... better.
I mean, you could hardly gently caress it up now. But not for 20k. On the plus side, he kept the 6-3/4, and apparently the rear diff is huge and the brakes pretty decent from the factory.

Put the radiator back where it belongs, a stealthier intercooler, and fix all the holes and the interior hacks, and it would be pretty cool.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Yeah this is definitely worth $6k.

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/d/pennsauken-jdm-rhd-volkswagen-golf-gt/6821867240.html

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

:psyduck: everytime.
Bog-standard cars that have been imported from Japan where there are thousands of LHD versions available confuse the poo poo out of me. RHD is a thing to deal with, not a badge of honor or whatever. You drive a RHD car in the USA because it's a car you can't get easily or at all. And why a goddamned Golf? It isn't even a Country!!!!!!!!!

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

KakerMix posted:

Bog-standard cars that have been imported from Japan where there are thousands of LHD versions available confuse the poo poo out of me. RHD is a thing to deal with, not a badge of honor or whatever. You drive a RHD car in the USA because it's a car you can't get easily or at all. And why a goddamned Golf? It isn't even a Country!!!!!!!!!

I had a long rant typed up but decided it wasn't worth anyone else's time to read.
Basically, someone's trying to make a buck because they don't understand why some things have value and others don't. I've been looking at craigslist ads for piles of scrap with no drivetrain for several thousand dollars because people don't understand that things deteriorate over time.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KakerMix posted:

boxen posted:

I had a long rant typed up but decided it wasn't worth anyone else's time to read.
Basically, someone's trying to make a buck because they don't understand why some things have value and others don't. I've been looking at craigslist ads for piles of scrap with no drivetrain for several thousand dollars because people don't understand that things deteriorate over time.

I just don't understand why anyone went through the trouble for a regular Golf, of all things.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

KakerMix posted:

This is nonsensical. It's even more of a pointless import than the JDM E30 320i Sedan I saw priced for $8000.00. I think also that low miles+old+JDM YO+Clueless owner=$$$.

Another thing I'm seeing on Instagram lately is raffles/contests for older Japanese imports. There is one (raffle) for a 1990 Skyline GTS Coupe - a bog-rear end base model R32 coupe (this one has steel wheels even) with a an RB20DE. I don't understand who would enter a raffle for a lame-rear end worthless version of a Skyline.

Frond fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 20, 2019

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
If it had hubcaps it was probably even worse than that, could have been a GXi or possibly GTE. The R32 GXi had like 90hp and drum brakes on the back.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/triumph/auction-1946302558.htm?rsqid=29cf6edb9d8644259aa1a8dfacb56d9a

Some assembly required but gently caress. This could be amazing

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

dissss posted:

If it had hubcaps it was probably even worse than that, could have been a GXi or possibly GTE. The R32 GXi had like 90hp and drum brakes on the back.

It is a GTS (15” wheels) I don’t think the GXi or GTE had coupe versions on the early models.

I could understand a car like this making it’s way to NZ or Australia but who the hell would bother importing this to Canada?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

I don't want the ladies that car would attract.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-K70-4motion-W8-DEPOSIT-TAKEN/123631239612?hash=item1cc8ff01bc:g:W2UAAOSw4ZVcWebc

A W8 Passat with a K70 body on top. Not sure if this is awesome or terrible.

On second thoughts, it's both

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Grakkus posted:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-K70-4motion-W8-DEPOSIT-TAKEN/123631239612?hash=item1cc8ff01bc:g:W2UAAOSw4ZVcWebc

A W8 Passat with a K70 body on top. Not sure if this is awesome or terrible.

On second thoughts, it's both

Nice. Not unlike dropping a modern drivetrain into a classic musclecar. This is the sort of combo I like. Classic lines and styling, modern driving and conveniences. I'm too old for manual steering and no AC, at least in a daily or semi-daily.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Snowy posted:

enhance

What sort of in joke am I missing here?
Is this an english admirer saying 'Ail Chairman Mao"?

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Ayyy Lmao.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

wesleywillis posted:

What sort of in joke am I missing here?
Is this an english admirer saying 'Ail Chairman Mao"?

Internet meme. You're not missing much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

I don't need it... I don't need it....