Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Fire/electric is a possibility... but yea it’s gonna be fire fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Procrastine posted:

Green below the hill figure, blue to the right next to the lighthouse, brown above green in the cliff area, purple in the mushroom zone above brown, black in the ice area right from purple? That would suggest either they're all close together progression-wise, or the game's progression isn't just "start at south, work your way north" like it seems to be.

e: no, rewatching the trailer the route 1 sign seems to be at the south end of the map

Oh I'm guessing PokeSoccer is a mid-game side contest.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

literally at this point i'm not going to speculate on starter secondary typings because last gen showed they're willing to go with just about anything

the fire starter could literally be like fire/normal for all we know

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

It's ok. At the very least I can migrate my party to Ultra Moon where they await the day they can become relevant in Gen 8.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

If it's a Soccer Rabbit it's clearly going to be Fire/Ground, or they're gonna go wild card and make it fire/grass

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

When playing PokeSoccer, if your character has a darker skin tone, the crowd starts making horrible horrible chants about you.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

What type best represents the act of diving

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

El Burbo posted:

What type best represents the act of diving

Flying? If it's a water lizard it could evolve in to a flying serpent?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I mean the act of throwing yourself on the ground in soccer

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

El Burbo posted:

I mean the act of throwing yourself on the ground in soccer

Oh, right.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

There is a beef I have with the game that I hope Gen 8 corrects: I want the moves marked as effective/ineffective to take more into account than just type. I'm still a dumb newb and went to skydrop a bug type Pokémon because it was marked "very effective" and I like to rotate my mons in battle to spread experience, but NOOOOO because the bug can levitate on his lovely wings he's unaffected by my mile high suplex.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

An ability to pretend you fainted may be too OP to actually get in the game.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This trailer loving owns. I'm blown away by how good the game looks visually.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

if the monkey is music and the rabbit is sports what entertainment will the water thing be themed after
depression

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

a7m2 posted:

depression

Depression and copes by fading away into invisibility... yep, fits the English theme.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Has there been anything revealed about any changes to fundamental systems? I've heard rumors Gen 8 will be some kind of reboot.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

a7m2 posted:

depression

Squillexa

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I really want some unique/unused typings in this gen.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I really want some unique/unused typings in this gen.

I feel like a revamp of the typing effectiveness chart would be needed before they can do this. A lot of typings go unused for a good reason.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is that a bandaid on the bunny fire starter's head? I hope that "evolves" and either goes away or becomes a horn or something. A bandaid on an uninjured mon is going to irk me.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Shortest Path posted:

This trailer loving owns. I'm blown away by how good the game looks visually.

Really?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Pokemon Knife Crimes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

If it's a Soccer Rabbit it's clearly going to be Fire/Ground, or they're gonna go wild card and make it fire/grass

yo actually fire/ground is very possible now that i consider it

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Reik posted:

I feel like a revamp of the typing effectiveness chart would be needed before they can do this. A lot of typings go unused for a good reason.

I'm so accustomed to the most recent chart that it's wild looking back at the old ones.

How on earth does steel resist a ghost?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm gonna guess Fire/Grass or Fire/Ground (soccer bunny), Water/Ghost (the camouflage is a hint), and Grass/Fighting (it'll use a log or club to fight at final stage).

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

DizzyBum posted:

I'm gonna guess Fire/Grass or Fire/Ground (soccer bunny), Water/Ghost (the camouflage is a hint), and Grass/Fighting (it'll use a log or club to fight at final stage).

Fire/Ground would make sense with some kind of unique thumping ground attack. In SuMo the starters got a unique attack for their second type, right?

The tadpole could evolve in to a Mizuchi, and the monkey could evolve in to an Oni with a kanabo.

Reik fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Feb 27, 2019

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i really doubt they would double up on starter typings with a starter unless there's a previous gen's starter i'm forgetting, so i'm giving the thumbs down to fire/grass automatically

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Fire/Grass, Grass/Water, Water/Fire.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Grass/Bug its torso actually unfolds into spider legs

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the grass type is going to be grass/music

congrats to jigglypuff ludicolo tympole melotta all the other ones i dunno look them up. anyway congrats to them on the retyping

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Xander B Coolridge posted:

How on earth does steel resist a ghost?

Can’t be scared with nerves of steel.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Clarste posted:

Grass/Bug its torso actually unfolds into spider legs

I'd totally be behind a Cronenberg Pokemon.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the water starter is a chameleon so i'm excited for the design of its evolutions

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Willing to bet it's gonna be Grass/Fighting

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/puritikuma/status/1100773926668505091?s=21

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/ta23ru/status/1100773067180060672

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I want to be friends with Soccer Rabbit, Monkey is cute and Frog had really better step up it's game if it doesn't want to go down as shittier Froakie.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

From what I've seen so far, it's looking like Sword/Shield is going back to basics as far as the formula goes (which is too bad as I kind of liked how Sun/Moon shook things up slightly. I also didn't see a whole lot of new Pokemon in the trailer aside from the starters but I assume more will be revealed later on.

But that aside I'm on board with this and look forward to seeing more soon.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Johnny Joestar posted:

the water starter is a chameleon so i'm excited for the design of its evolutions

It just steadily disappears as it evolves because it's gotten better at camouflage.

Bonus option: Water Predator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Traitors to the grass get out, team grookey all the way