Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Or that since they were no longer fam by the end of the trial that the contract no longer applied.

gently caress, this is pretty airtight actually :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Just another vote for Dave on Steamboat. I was stuck in traffic and laughing uproariously through the whole thing. That might actually be the funniest Dave tangent ever.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Bryan telling Dave that maybe he had other things going on during Paisley's birth and Dave going "WELL I DIDN'T! I WAS AT OUTBACK" is an all time great.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The notion that any child of Bryan Alvarez could ever have the slightest inclination to watch wrestling ever is almost funny enough on its own without Outbackchat.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean punk has cheated on a bunch of his girlfriends so he isnt exactly the greatest character of moral fiber

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Grant DaNasty posted:

So their whole falling out came about because Cabana went backstage at Raw?

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2016/09/cm-punk-bromance-with-colt-cabana-is-apparently-over-617156/

One of the tweets in the article says "I'm told Punk thinks Colt did something that allegedly hurts his defense against the lawsuit filed by WWE's Doctor." So after that Punk cut him off financially because he felt like Colt was loving up their defense.
This, as far as I can tell, never actually happened. Cabana has repeatedly denied that it happened, saying he hasn't been backstage at a WWE event since he recorded a podcast with...I think Hornswoggle in 2013? And when I asked FrontRowBrian—who, let's face it, really shouldn't be considered credible in the first place at this point—about it, he said there was just a single source. And I know some people don't like Cabana, which is their prerogative, but there's no evidence to suggest he would be close to THAT dumb.

Meanwhile, the context to Punk's email cutting Cabana off hasn't been filed in court.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

davidbix posted:

Meanwhile, the context to Punk's email cutting Cabana off hasn't been filed in court.

Yup. It’s pointless to discuss all this until we get more facts

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

sportsgenius86 posted:

It was dumb of Colt to go backstage given the pending litigation but that’s a really really stupid hill for a friendship to die on

It's hard to do, but giving Punk the benefit of the doubt here - maybe Colt visiting WWE is just the tip of the iceberg, and Punk and his lawyers had to continually tell him to stop doing stupid poo poo. I mean, if the shitball WWE is suing you by proxy you have to be a gigantic loving moron to think its a good idea to visit them like that. Who knows what other stupid poo poo he did.

edit:

davidbix posted:

This, as far as I can tell, never actually happened. [...]

Oh well, can't do anything besides speculate at this point anyways.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i mean punk has cheated on a bunch of his girlfriends so he isnt exactly the greatest character of moral fiber

I'm honestly surprised their marriage has lasted as long as it had.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Helicity posted:

It's hard to do, but giving Punk the benefit of the doubt here - maybe Colt visiting WWE is just the tip of the iceberg, and Punk and his lawyers had to continually tell him to stop doing stupid poo poo. I mean, if the shitball WWE is suing you by proxy you have to be a gigantic loving moron to think its a good idea to visit them like that. Who knows what other stupid poo poo he did.

edit:

Oh well, can't do anything besides speculate at this point anyways.

This is remarkably stupid lol

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

ICHIBAHN posted:

This is remarkably stupid lol

Trying to possibly understand why Colt got cut off? No need to be rude about it, even if the answer is almost certainly "Punk is a giant rear end in a top hat".

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Frig your ideas Helicity. i hate them

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You've just created wholesale reasons for Punk acting like Punk despite no evidence.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Helicity posted:

Trying to possibly understand why Colt got cut off? No need to be rude about it, even if the answer is almost certainly "Punk is a giant rear end in a top hat".

what do his knuckles say

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

need mone

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I wonder, if pressed, would Bryan say that Teddy Long (NWA/JCP 1986-1988) or Nick Patrick (WCW 97-2001) is the worse ref? Might be a tough call considering they both seem to exhibit the same pattern of utter cluelessness as to what is and isn't worth a DQ.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I was just handed this information from a credible source, apparently Cabana said CM Punk’s elbow drop was, and I’m quoting here, “More like CM Junk.” This got back to Punk, and it all snowballed from there.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Vinny was great fun reviewing the Tank vs Sid match on today's Retro Nitro.

https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/1100575969968975873

rovert fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 27, 2019

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

This made me laugh more than it should have

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Vinny was great fun reviewing the Tank vs Sid match on today's Retro Nitro.

Craig made a good point that Vinny actually makes rewatching the old episodes fun by live-tweeting as he does it, posting gifs etc while Craig and Bryan just force their way through it solo.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Bryan's inability to actually pay sufficient attention to whatever he's watching is becoming pretty grating though. Like he and Dave went through Raw and spent like 10 minutes complaining about various things they hated about the show that were just factually inaccurate. I'm all for bitching about terrible poo poo on those shows, but it just feels like randomly going to reddit when it's a bunch of complaints about stuff that didn't even happen. :shrug: And that's not even getting into the fact that Dave has spent literal days and multiple episodes of the show going on and on and on in some kind of bizarre competition between himself and random Twitter users to determine can claim the moral high ground about cancer.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Craig made a good point that Vinny actually makes rewatching the old episodes fun by live-tweeting as he does it, posting gifs etc while Craig and Bryan just force their way through it solo.

Vinny's definitely got the right mindset especially as they're now in the last year or so. Gotta have fun with it or it's just going to drain you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

To be fair to Flair, I guess Bryan and Craig both have kids as well.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

Bryan's inability to actually pay sufficient attention to whatever he's watching is becoming pretty grating though. Like he and Dave went through Raw and spent like 10 minutes complaining about various things they hated about the show that were just factually inaccurate. I'm all for bitching about terrible poo poo on those shows, but it just feels like randomly going to reddit when it's a bunch of complaints about stuff that didn't even happen. :shrug: And that's not even getting into the fact that Dave has spent literal days and multiple episodes of the show going on and on and on in some kind of bizarre competition between himself and random Twitter users to determine can claim the moral high ground about cancer.

Post Wrestling actually review WWE shows. Not cheerleaders or jaded either.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

rovert posted:

Post Wrestling actually review WWE shows. Not cheerleaders or jaded either.

I realize this stuff is all dumb in the end, but it feels really lame to listen to two dudes who present themselves as authorities on the topic tell you that something you may have liked is actually stupid, but then they give factually inaccurate reasons for saying it.

Dave rehashing his personal Twitter feuds that he himself starts is not good content either.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

people that review/recap WWE products segment by segment were the kind of kids that sought out extra math homework during summer break.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Fightful reviews are good, tons of boner jokes

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
New Patreon show is up and it's a good one. Free preview (and details):

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1100868586283896841

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Angry Grimace posted:

I realize this stuff is all dumb in the end, but it feels really lame to listen to two dudes who present themselves as authorities on the topic tell you that something you may have liked is actually stupid, but then they give factually inaccurate reasons for saying it.

Dave rehashing his personal Twitter feuds that he himself starts is not good content either.

Then don’t listen to it?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Guy's gimmick is old

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Yeah heaven forbid anyone discusses wrestling podcasts in the wrestling podcast thread. :rolleyes:

Let's get back to posting shitposting repetitive rovert memes.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It would be good if all the people who keep complaining about WWE would take the advice of Karmine as well, except replace the word 'listen' with the word 'watch' because even though it's listenable, the watching is generally considered to be the main portion. there are too many gimmicks going on around here recently and it's unhealthy for the growth of a thriving forum.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Yeah that WWE hater Meltzer who constantly gives out 4-5 star ratings to multiple matches at every NXT Takeover

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Angry Grimace posted:

Yeah heaven forbid anyone discusses wrestling podcasts in the wrestling podcast thread. :rolleyes:

Let's get back to posting shitposting repetitive rovert memes.

I will not tolerate Bix's anti-joshi bias any longer

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Angry Grimace posted:

I guess I just don’t understand why you’re spending money and time on content that only ever seems to piss you off, but you’re gonna do what you’re gonna do and the ignore button is well within reach so keep on keepin on

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Karmine posted:

I guess I just don’t understand why you’re spending money and time on content that only ever seems to piss you off, but you’re gonna do what you’re gonna do and the ignore button is well within reach so keep on keepin on

It doesn't, though. It's only gotten worse somewhat recently and it's a perfectly valid criticism of the job he's been doing lately. I mean, I'm not blind why it makes people mad: the posting gimmick of being disingenuous 100% of the time is real fun and heaven forbid anyone have a non-joke take on anything because that would make you a mark.

The kind of people who slam that ignore button on any take they don't like even though they can't even articulate a reason why they don't like it or it's worthy of completely ignoring the person saying it don't actually matter because they don't contribute anything other than memes.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
As someone who at best half-watches most Raws/Smackdowns and then spends the week reading people on here/elsewhere discussing them (and listening to a lot of the Dave/Bryan/etc. podcasts) is there something specific where they both really got something wrong?

I know Bryan will obsessively focus on something and seemingly deliberately misinterpret it for the sake of ranting about HEAT or CANON or whatever his gimmick of the moment is, but there's a difference between harping on a continuity point from three weeks ago and wondering why they dropped it long after they dropped it and "getting things wrong" in my head.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Edge & Christian posted:

As someone who at best half-watches most Raws/Smackdowns and then spends the week reading people on here/elsewhere discussing them (and listening to a lot of the Dave/Bryan/etc. podcasts) is there something specific where they both really got something wrong?

I know Bryan will obsessively focus on something and seemingly deliberately misinterpret it for the sake of ranting about HEAT or CANON or whatever his gimmick of the moment is, but there's a difference between harping on a continuity point from three weeks ago and wondering why they dropped it long after they dropped it and "getting things wrong" in my head.

I mean, most recently they complained that Stephanie keeps flip flopping on letting Becky into the main event and then said it's stupid that Stephanie doesn't want Becky in the main event when she said she wanted Becky in the main event like 4 times, reinstated her, and then told Ronda on the show itself she wanted Becky in the match (but couldn't do it). Later on Bryan complained that Nia losing to Bayley and then announcing a tag titles match was horrible and Dave went on a rant that it teaches the fans not to care about the results, when in reality they announced the tag match before the singles match ever occurred, on screen with a graphic showing that the match was happening.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

idc that you say crap about my friend bryan i just think you're an annoying idiot, and i'd like you to shut, the hell, up! and never, eeeeeever, post here, a-gain!! bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Angry Grimace posted:

Later on Bryan complained that Nia losing to Bayley and then announcing a tag titles match was horrible and Dave went on a rant that it teaches the fans not to care about the results

This is still true despite them getting the order of events wrong.