Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PunkBoy posted:

In the previous games, were you able to see what your competitors are doing? Like, can you see what matches they're putting on, etc.?

Yes, there was the ability to see how the competitor's shows did, what matches they ran, and any title changes our tournament announcements were also part of the monthly summaries after you finished an event

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Angry_Ed posted:

Yes, there was the ability to see how the competitors shows did, what matches they ran, and any title changes our tournament announcements were also part of the monthly summaries after you finished an event

Nice. Sounds like this could be EWR-lite, which is what I'm hoping for.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/1100684463241973766

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is incredible

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

I guess its out for PS4 cause I think people are streaming it but its not on the steam site yet.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Budget Dracula posted:

I guess its out for PS4 cause I think people are streaming it but its not on the steam site yet.

Just checked, it is indeed up in the PSN store.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

That is new. Not the Drone Pizza part, but the idea of having sponsors to manage.

EDIT: On another note I realized last night that I did a bad job of having enough CAWs to set up my promotions, does anyone have any recommendations for Steam Workshop collections/creators that do good work? I especially need more modern Indy guys.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Avenger3, captainhowdy, desertpunk, senator phillips all do quality work.

I'm watching a stream of Fire Promoter and the translations are terrible. There have been several information popups that I cannot understand what they're trying to say.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fire Pro 50% off until March 6 to promote the Promoter DLC. Available now for PS4, available 5PM Pacific/8PM Eastern on Steam

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/1100838562520416256

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Finding my way around it. Big flaw, no ability to book Battle Royals. Beyond that it’s fairly simple, try to book a venue to capacity, scout for guys, sign others. You can’t control outcomes but you can play matches and try to do it that way.

The default option starts with a bunch of premade guys if you don’t have enough. But I’ll have to see what I can do with customization.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the promoter mode is the only thing that interests me about the game really so yeah would love to know if it's any good

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Maxwell Lord posted:

You can’t control outcomes but you can play matches and try to do it that way.

Wait where does this leave the “guys will shoot if they’re not happy” thing they were teasing

Even 2k19 let you make worked cards even if CPU Sting CAWs didn’t hit the exact right strikes at the exact time real Sting would have hit them, or whatever

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 27, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Basic Chunnel posted:

Wait where does this leave the “guys will shoot if they’re not happy” thing they were teasing

Even 2k19 let you make worked cards even if CPU Sting CAWs didn’t hit the exact right strikes at the exact time real Sting would have hit them, or whatever

the angered CAW will make your controller vibrate. angrily.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Not out in Europe. Is this gonna be like the original PS4 release and we get it a month later?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
They’re saying tomorrow for EU

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
How much does this DLC cost, assuming that the Steam version will cost the same as the PS4 version? I'm not *super* interested in the Fire Promoter mode, but if the cost is reasonable, I might buy it just to fiddle around with and support the game.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

PSN DLC was $20

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

Finding my way around it. Big flaw, no ability to book Battle Royals.

So you're limited to just Singles and Tag Matches? No multi-man of any kind?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Fire Promoter just released on Steam. :20bux:

IF you already have the NJPW DLC, you can save a bit of cash by using the DLC bundle to get Promoter.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Unsurprisingly for an overworked, underbudgeted, understaffed dev group, FirePromoter is a bit of a tire fire right now! Apparently some people are unable to access promoter mode and some are getting japanese text in various menus.

Might want to give it a day or two. Or join the angry crowd crucifying the poor devs, I guess.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 28, 2019

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Yeah, it's just showing "Not Installed" for me, so I guess I'll just hang tight.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Unsurprisingly for an overworked, underbudgeted, understaffed dev group, FirePromoter is a bit of a tire fire right now! Apparently some people are unable to access promoter mode and some are getting japanese text in various menus.

Might want to give it a day or two. Or join the angry crowd crucifying the poor devs, I guess.

Sigh, I don't even want to think about how obnoxious people are being about this.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

Yeah, it's just showing "Not Installed" for me, so I guess I'll just hang tight.

Sigh, I don't even want to think about how obnoxious people are being about this.

When I suggested it's not that big a deal and to play something else for a bit because they're going to fix the download I was told how I'd be pissed if I ordered a pizza and it wasn't delivered on time. So they are thinking really reasonably about the situation.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I am kind of bummed it's just inexplicably not downloading. I was looking forward to taking a crack at it tonight.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

PublicOpinion posted:

I am kind of bummed it's just inexplicably not downloading. I was looking forward to taking a crack at it tonight.

Yeah it sucks, but what can we do. Just make some more edits or something! :v:

If it helps, apparently your promotion starts with 6 wrestlers, so think about who you want to pick/make for that.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

The computer generated stable names are dopey as hell in a good way.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Yeah it sucks, but what can we do. Just make some more edits or something! :v:

If it helps, apparently your promotion starts with 6 wrestlers, so think about who you want to pick/make for that.

Do we know if all edits work in Promoter? Because the ad/store page says something like "start with trainees and unknowns, build them to stars", so I'm not sure if that means initially you are restricted to people of low overall or you have to use the game's trainees or what. Not being able to book who I like would be a problem.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

projecthalaxy posted:

Do we know if all edits work in Promoter? Because the ad/store page says something like "start with trainees and unknowns, build them to stars", so I'm not sure if that means initially you are restricted to people of low overall or you have to use the game's trainees or what. Not being able to book who I like would be a problem.

Playing it right now, you can.

Just select custom promotion and pick the promotion that has all the Edits you want to use.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

It just unlocked for me. Taking a look at it now.

projecthalaxy posted:

It looks like you can use whoever you want. I think the only restriction is that the higher your wrestler's rank/rating, the more expensive they are.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
New Legacy Inc. are fooling around with the promoter

https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
This DLC is Civilization-levels of addicting to me. I think I spend about four hours last night/this morning saying "just one more card". The damned Sun rose. I'm at work on 2 1/2 hours of sleep.

Bugs aside, this is good.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i started out with a roster of 6 now grown to a roster of 10 after a full year. what are the a/b/c/d rankings wrestlers have? can these be improved?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
The NL stream showed it off pretty well. First they booked themselves into oblivion in 4 months (final champion was Rosemary, who showed up in chat), and then they actually tried to book a card.

Seems like there might be a death spiral effect (near the end of the disaster run they were calling in major wrestlers and still couldn't get more than ~500 people to show up, often less) but that is a) accurate to the business and b) very entertaining.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i started out with a roster of 6 now grown to a roster of 10 after a full year. what are the a/b/c/d rankings wrestlers have? can these be improved?

That's popularity by region, I forget how it goes but America is the leftmost

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so what are the mechanics like how does it work. it sounds like you're able to bring in whatever talent you want?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that game costs too much now.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

so what are the mechanics like how does it work. it sounds like you're able to bring in whatever talent you want?

You can try to enter into contract negotiations with just about anyone, but it costs money to initiate and there's a chance they'll refuse your terms. A big factor is whether your promotion's style is compatible with theirs. Unsigned talent is obviously easier to get than people who are with a company (and some may just refuse outright). You can also invite people to join in on a single card, or have your wrestlers visit another company.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

You can try to enter into contract negotiations with just about anyone, but it costs money to initiate and there's a chance they'll refuse your terms. A big factor is whether your promotion's style is compatible with theirs. Unsigned talent is obviously easier to get than people who are with a company (and some may just refuse outright). You can also invite people to join in on a single card, or have your wrestlers visit another company.

The frustrating part about Contract Negotiations is that they've apparently made it you can only try to sign one wrestler a month (compare to the GBA version which you could do it an unlimited number of times, but couldn't try to sign a wrestler in the same month that they refused), which feels like a really weird and incongruous idea, especially when even with the hints there's no way to guarantee you'll sign someone. I haven't had a chance to do anything but watch the nL stream (as i now have to cram 600+ Wrestlers into their respective promotions, plus make some more of my own) but that part to me sticks out as a big problem. If the game had you running shows weekly maybe i'd understand that change but they're still doing things on a monthly basis.

EDIT: I know they added the ability to get freelancers/part-timers in easily but that's not the same. They're not guys you can rely to put belts on, or even show up as nL hilariously showed time and again.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 28, 2019

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I'm very disappointed in Fire Promoter, even for what it is, it's clunky, buggy, poorly translated, has some terrible design decisions, and is absolutely not worth $20.

In other news, I'm about to show my last episode of my goofy video-game-themed Fire Pro Show!

Tonight @8:05 EST(01:05 GMT)GAME Pro Wrestling!
-It's the Grand Finale!
-In the main event, WAR GAMES for the fate of the promotion!
-Zangief and Terra Branford face each other for the PCGP World Championship. Zangief seeks to cement his legacy as one of the greatest of all time while Terra will try to prove she deserves to be champion!
-A Bad Dude Battle Royale featuring THE DOOMSLAYER, Solid Snake, Duke Nukem, King Bowser, Scorpion and Trevor Belmont!
-Tina Armstong, armed with a new cheating-is-totally-fine attitude, will attempt to reclaim the PCGP Cross-Platform Championship from the undefeated Shadow Lady
-Mettaton & 2B defend the PCGP Championship against The Mystical Ninjas!
-All this, and much, much more!
-Seriously, I've probably put more time in to this weeks show than any other episode!
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i started out with a small roster of 6, accidentally booked myself into a corner, decided to give two freelancers a tryout opening match and they both no-showed, resulting in my attendance tanking and losing a ton of money. eventually by august i was able to figure out how to manage my cards and keep my main eventers over, and started profiting 50k to 120k a show, finishing with a balance of 540k by january. my champion is cesaro and he's super over in usa and europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Yeah nL doing a Herb Abrams speedrun was very entertaining