Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1100737973258199042

This seems like a bad sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So he got sacked for putting forward a bill to protect citizens rights?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KomradeX posted:

So he got sacked for putting forward a bill to protect citizens rights?

https://twitter.com/badhedgehog/status/1100759112835649539

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Teresa May being an unabashed fascist hiding in plain sight will never get old to me

also, opened YouTube in incognito mode and straight away I’m being recommended Tommy Robinson channels and videos above the normal music video adverthon

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jel Shaker posted:

also, opened YouTube in incognito mode and straight away I’m being recommended Tommy Robinson channels and videos above the normal music video adverthon

poo poo happens to me all the time as well. Him and Jordan fucken Peterson

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
what you do is subscribe to good tubes, and then bookmark the subscriptions page and never stray to the frontpage

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Goa Tse-tung posted:

what you do is subscribe to good tubes, and then bookmark the subscriptions page and never stray to the frontpage

even that’s probably giving them too much personal data

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

An insane mind posted:

The EU scissor kicking the gun Britain was holding against their temple out of its hand but Britain still had a knife and is now stabbing itself. A slower death, but no less final.

Brexit will in fact mean Brexit.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1100793799905824768

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
LOL France & the UK is gonna start warring again

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
God bless France

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
This makes Macron my politician of the year

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

And by "conditions" Spain means "Gibraltar"

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Lambert posted:

This makes Macron my politician of the year

yikes

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

:yeshaha:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Macron:France is on fire, then by Napoleon's frozen blue balls Britain will burn too.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
We asked Gott to punish England and Jupiter took the call. :hundi:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Macron, in Bane mask: the fire rises

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Can a single member state veto an extension

because if so, well, lmao

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hobbesmaster posted:

And by "conditions" Spain means "Gibraltar"

There's zero chance of that happening, right? I think I really want it, so that usually means it's impossible.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

For me, it's all about the single marmalade issue: This makes it more likely I'll get my marmalade selection the Brits have so cruelly restricted back.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

prefect posted:

There's zero chance of that happening, right? I think I really want it, so that usually means it's impossible.

That would be the "gently caress you I have no intention of actually extending this" offer.

twoday
May 4, 2005

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I wonder how serious Theresa May is considering an invasion of Ireland as an alternative to the backstop

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Lambert posted:

For me, it's all about the single marmalade issue: This makes it more likely I'll get my marmalade selection the Brits have so cruelly restricted back.

He's currently unleashing incredible state brutality to turn French protesters' bones into a marmalade-looking substance, I can see why the single issue marmalade enthusiast might respond well to that.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I wonder how serious Theresa May is considering an invasion of Ireland as an alternative to the backstop

The British Army is barely equipped, is in a recruitment crisis, has a habit of 'losing' infantry gear, and has no idea how to fight an equivalent force

So what I'm saying is it starts tomorrow

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Yeah that seems reasonable lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Obliterati posted:

The British Army is barely equipped, is in a recruitment crisis, has a habit of 'losing' infantry gear, and has no idea how to fight an equivalent force

So what I'm saying is it starts tomorrow

Does the EU have any military force of its own? If the UK declares war on Ireland before they leave the EU, does the EU have to fight itself?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

imagine going through all this poo poo over Northern Ireland

I love it

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Im going to die fighinh the brexit wars, wish ms luck mama and papa

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmoLnDabNHI

love that this was posted 4 years ago and is still perfectly on the nose

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

prefect posted:

Does the EU have any military force of its own? If the UK declares war on Ireland before they leave the EU, does the EU have to fight itself?

They don't, but Macron has started talking about one as NATO looks increasingly like Trump and Pets. Ireland is also in NATO so in all seriousness it'll never happen.

Amusingly enough 'EUSSR wants to make an army so they can shoot all whites true Britannian patriots' is also a far-right shibboleth

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

prefect posted:

In normal circumstances I would presume that like NATO the other countries would stay neutral but lol

I'd expect Spain to claim Gibraltar, England Wales and Scotland partitioned by Germany and France, and Portugal conquering Canada just for shits and giggles

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
we're turning the dead into KFC chicken to ensure food supplies in the event of no deal brexit.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Obliterati posted:

They don't, but Macron has started talking about one as NATO looks increasingly like Trump and Pets. Ireland is also in NATO so in all seriousness it'll never happen.

Amusingly enough 'EUSSR wants to make an army so they can shoot all whites true Britannian patriots' is also a far-right shibboleth

Ireland isn't in NATO.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Bryter posted:

Ireland isn't in NATO.
no one tell the UK govt that lol

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Bryter posted:

Ireland isn't in NATO.

gently caress rip you guys then, my bad

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Kurtofan posted:

Im going to die fighinh the brexit wars, wish ms luck mama and papa

The UK government, as all fascists, is incapable of adequately sizing up an opponent. During the first hours of the Brexit war, 90% of the 1st English Gammon Grenadiers will be killed charging the French beaches without cover directly into machine gun fire. Contary to the strategic planning of the UK's marshal Boris "The Popular" Johnson, the French did not immediately flee upon being faced by British banners, thereby undermining the UK's entire strategy for the operation.

Meanwhile, riots continue in London, as English pensioners hunt Commonwealth citizens (referred to as "longfoxes") for food despite the supermarkets still having stock.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

no one tell the UK govt that lol

Then Britain can try and invoke NATO article V after EU sets up a border and everyone can laugh at them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

prefect posted:

i beliebe president trump has been very clear that the us pays for all of europe's military