Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...

Car Hater posted:

drat you Roblox, that coin was miiiiiinnneeeeee!

:getin:

If we're resting, I think that we should move up to the door this turn, long rest next turn, then open the door the turn after that. I figure that I'll probably open the door since I'm the fastest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Car Hater posted:

drat you Roblox, that coin was miiiiiinnneeeeee!

I'm going to assume this is Gloomhaven.txt

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Omobono posted:

I'm going to assume this is Gloomhaven.txt

It is, although in real play you have to face close range retaliation when you out-loot other players by mistake :airquote:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

DarthRoblox posted:

If we're resting, I think that we should move up to the door this turn, long rest next turn, then open the door the turn after that. I figure that I'll probably open the door since I'm the fastest?

This would allow Rocky to use their top heal before the rest, allowing them to immediately recover it.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

DarthRoblox posted:

I'm wantingg to rest this turn, bust the door open with a fart next turn, do some crazy nonsense with said fart turn after

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I'm planning to move up and heal, I can go with a short rest if you really want to get in there next turn. It's the last room, with one priority target with no-too-much-HP, I can spunk away cards as much as I like as long as we win.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
If we're all planning on resting then there's no downside to taking a turn to move and then doing a long rest, since it both refreshes Bullwinkle's items as well as gives both of you some healing. We have enough cards to move this turn and get us better position to react to whatever's in the room and lets Rocky make better use of the healing they've got available.

I'll go slow though Bullwinkle can have their moment of farting glory.

DarthRoblox fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 28, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
It looks like there was some miscommunication on how to proceed, so I got:
- 3 Rounds worth of actions for the Mindthief, with a Long Rest on Round 2;
- 2 Rounds worth of actions for the Brute - with the implied intent on opening the door on Round 2, as per Car Hater's post;
- 1 Round worth of actions for the Craghearth

I would have gone through and proceeded with the update till the door was opened in the second Round, but I don't have a card selection for MarquiseMindfang for that Round :/

While I get orders for the second Round for the Craghearth, it could be a good idea to check with each other and decide if you want to open the door on the second or the third Round :) Apologies for the lack of clarity on my end!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

That Italian Guy posted:

I would have gone through and proceeded with the update till the door was opened in the second Round, but I don't have a card selection for MarquiseMindfang for that Round :/

I figured I wouldn't know what my card options were until I rested, so I stopped short. If you can give me a nudge with what card I'm losing I'll get you that second round selection asap.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I figured I wouldn't know what my card options were until I rested, so I stopped short. If you can give me a nudge with what card I'm losing I'll get you that second round selection asap.

Alright, sending you a PM right now! The outcome is...awkward :v:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I thought the general consensus was:

round 1: move towards the door and heal
round 2: everyone long rests
round 3: open the door

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Reik posted:

I thought the general consensus was:

round 1: move towards the door and heal
round 2: everyone long rests
round 3: open the door

I (Bullwinkle) already moved towards the door because I thought that was the plan starting last turn, essentially must rest this turn. Could waste a top card to heal a bit more, but it will be more useful to heal myself 2 or 3 turns from now so Rocky can use the Earth that I will generate doing so, and if the combo is strong enough we can stamina potion it back-to-back.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Yeah, I'm hoping for the door to open on Turn 2 else I'm largely going to be sat around with my thumb up my rear end.

I don't see a Range value or an Immobilise immunity on that boss so I'm basically planning to barrel in and kick him around like a football, terrain permitting.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Yeah, I'm hoping for the door to open on Turn 2 else I'm largely going to be sat around with my thumb up my rear end.

I don't see a Range value or an Immobilise immunity on that boss so I'm basically planning to barrel in and kick him around like a football, terrain permitting.

The boss deck does have a 2 target 3 range attack card even if the boss doesn't have a range value. It's only a 1 in 8 chance, though.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
Well the idea was that everyone has at least 2 cards left, so we'd move up on the door this turn, take a collective long rest the next turn, then rudely barge in the turn after that. You only lose cards upon resting, so the extra turn of movement doesn't ultimately cost anything.

tbh though it's funnier this way with the thief deciding to snooze right as Bullwinkle smashes down the door so I'm just going to roll with whatever happens.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Everyone, apologies for the delay in the update! :ghost:
It has been a couple of crazy days at work and I couldn't manage to get my usual break to run today's update. It'll go live this evening GTM instead.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

That Italian Guy posted:

Everyone, apologies for the delay in the update! :ghost:
It has been a couple of crazy days at work and I couldn't manage to get my usual break to run today's update. It'll go live this evening GTM instead.

No worries!

Thanks for running this thread. It owns and it's the first one I check every morning :coffeepal:

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Elephant Ambush posted:

No worries!

Thanks for running this thread. It owns and it's the first one I check every morning :coffeepal:

Seconded, super nice to get my GH fix without having to drive to game nights

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Working on the update now :)

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Thirding, this is a great thread and very cathartic.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

^^^^ well about that...

Diamond Mine Round 4+5A

Pending actions from last Round posted:

-None!

Diamond Mine Round 4 posted:

- Master Splinter uses Feedback Loop (bot) to move to G1 and Into the Night (top) to do nothing.
- Rocky uses Massive Boulder (bot) to MOVE4 to E1 and Rumbling Advance (top) to HEAL4 Bullwinkle. Short rests, rerolling for Massive Boulder or Rumbling Advance...loses 1HP to reroll Massive Boulder, then loses Rumbling Advance.

- Bullwinkle will recover all discarded cards, loses Grab and Go; recovers 2HP and refreshes all the items that have been SPENT.
That was very :thatsgh: for Rocky, but to be fair it's not that crazy, since they only had 5 cards total in their discard pile at that moment.

Diamond Mine Round 5A+
"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Bullwinkle (Hand7, Discarded0, Active1, Lost2) is acting at initiative 27 with Spare Dagger and Leaping Cleave.

27. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Car Hater) posted:

code:
"SPARE DAGGER (27) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - XP1
BOT: ATK2"

"LEAPING CLEAVE (54) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, PBAOE (check image) - XP1
BOT: MOVE3, Jump - Generate AIR"
Rocky (Hand9, Discarded0, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 87 with Massive Boulder and Earthen Clod.

87. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

code:
"MASSIVE BOULDER (87) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - All allies and enemies adjacent to the target suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH.
BOT: Move4"

"EARTHEN CLOD (38) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK2, Range5 - Consume EARTH: IMMOBILIZE, XP1
BOT: HEAL2, Range3"
Master Splinter (Hand4, Discarded5, Active1, Lost0) is taking a Long Rest!

99. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

Master Splinter will recover all discarded cards and chose one from the discard pile to LOSE. They will also recover 2HP and refresh all the items that have been SPENT.

27. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Car Hater) posted:

- Bullwinkle uses Leaping Cleave (bot)! Jumps 2 to door hex1!

Merciless Overseer revealed!
Vermling Scout 3(E), 4(E), 5(E), 9(E), 2, 6, 7, 8 revealed!
GOAL Treasure Chest revealed!

Thats...a lot of Vermlings. At least there's only 2 left in the box? :ninja:

When door 1 is opened posted:

You move through a tight crawlspace clearly more suited to the ratlike Vermlings into a large chamber full of rubble and Vermling miners on high alert. Toward the back of the chamber, a man in a dark robe cracks a whip and begins spitting orders at the miners, who turn their pickaxes away from the stone walls and toward you.
Boss Special 1
All Vermling Scouts immediately take an extra turn using the action card drawn for them this round.
Boss Special 2
The Merciless Overseer summons two normal Vermling Scouts for two characters, one normal and one elite Vermling Scout for three characters, or two elite Vermling Scouts for four characters.

Remember when I said there were still 2 Vermlings in the box? Yeah...:v:
Also thats...a lot of attacks, if they ever connect.

Active Players, you can now send Step B orders! Car Hater, in your case please let me know where do you want to end your movement (and if you want to activate your Boots) and what you want to do with your other card :)
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Wow this game loving hates me.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
Great time for a nap! See you guys in a round.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Oh this room was MADE for a Cragheart

I can't reach the tile next to the boss to prevent a summon, so I'm just going to go stand next to vermling #8 to force disadvantage/setup for next round, and attack #9 at range.

Car Hater fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 1, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Car Hater posted:

Yeah you're gonna have a blast.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
What does the V in the Merciless Overseer's attack stat mean?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

What does the V in the Merciless Overseer's attack stat mean?

V = number of Vermling Scouts on the battlefield. It's pretty scary.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah you're gonna have a blast.

I'm the brute, sadly, still gonna gently caress em up

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Car Hater posted:

I'm the brute, sadly, still gonna gently caress em up

You're also going to have a blast but in a different way :v:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Car Hater posted:

I can't reach the tile next to the boss to prevent a summon, so I'm just going to go stand next to vermling #8 to force disadvantage/setup for next round, and attack #9 at range.

At that hex you could put a dagger in to the boss to get started on that 24 health.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Reik posted:

At that hex you could put a dagger in to the boss to get started on that 24 health.

good point, I'll change it up to that

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Do I have LoS on #9 from where Rocky is standing? Corner-to-corner, yes?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Do I have LoS on #9 from where Rocky is standing? Corner-to-corner, yes?

Yeah! You can draw a line from both edges of the right side of your hex to the same edges on the target hex at the very least.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
Note that those are Stun traps, which do no damage but stun whoever stepped on them. The boss is immune, but shoving an elite scout into one isn't a worthless move.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I am pre-emptively sorry for being bad at this.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I am pre-emptively sorry for being bad at this.

Hey we're all here to have fun, there is no good or bad!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Diamond Mine Round 5B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Rocky should have lost 1HP due to reroll, but I forgot to remove it. I'll apply the "errors are resolved in the players favor" clause, so Rocky stays at 3HP.
- EARTH should be waning instead of inert!
- Added STUN tokens to the STUN traps (thanks Narsham for the reminder!)

27. Bullwinkle the Inox Brute (Car Hater) - continued posted:

- Bullwinkle activates Boots of Striding! Jumps 3 to L3.
- Bullwinkle uses Spare Dagger (top)! Attacks Merciless Overseer (BOSS) for 3 (3base, +0mod) damage! Gains 1XP.
Merciless Overseer (BOSS) is at 21 HP.
AIR is now strong.

This is what we call a target rich environment...

17. Merciless Overseer (BOSS) posted:

- Merciless Overseer (BOSS) focuses Bullwinkle! Summons Vermling Scout 10(E) in I2! Summons Vermling Scout 1 in J2!

Now there are no more Vermling Scouts in the box! Also, the Boss now has a MOVE1, ATK9 Range3, Target 2 card in his deck :gibs:

79. Vermling Scout 3(E), 4(E), 5(E), 9(E), 10(E), 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 posted:

- Vermling Scout 3(E) focuses Bullwinkle! No action taken!
- Vermling Scout 4(E) focuses Rocky! No action taken!
- Vermling Scout 5(E) focuses Bullwinkle! No action taken!
- Vermling Scout 9(E) focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (1base, +0mod, SHIELD1) damage. Attacks Rocky for 0 (1base, NULLmod) damage.
Warding Strenght first trigger!
- Vermling Scout 10(E) is affected by Summoning sickness!
- Vermling Scout 1 is affected by Summoning sickness!
- Vermling Scout 2 focuses Bullwinkle! No action taken!
- Vermling Scout 6 focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (0base, +2'mod, SHIELD2) damage.
Warding Strenght second trigger! Gains 1XP. Hide Armor first charge used!
- Vermling Scout 7 focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle for 0 (0base, +0mod) damage.
- Vermling Scout 8 focuses Bullwinkle! Attacks Bullwinkle with DISADVANTAGE for 0 (0base, -2/-1mod) damage.

I dread the Round in which I'll have to resolve 22 Attacks for these things.

87. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (MarquiseMindfang) posted:

- Rocky uses Massive Boulder (top)! No action taken!
- Rocky uses Earthen Clod (bot)! HEALS2 Self!
Rocky is at 5 HP.

As a refresher for our players and for the people at home: if a Monster's ability card doesn't have a MOVE action, the monster doesn't move that round. If there is no Attack action, it doesn't attack. :) So for example the Boss won't move nor attack whenever he draws a Special card.

99. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (DarthRoblox) posted:

Master Splintertakes a Long Rest! Recovers all the discarded cards, refreshes all SPENT items, HEALS2 Self. Loses Submissive Affliction.

:tootzzz:

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- AIR is now waning.
- EARTH is now inert.

This is going to get hectic fast! As a suggestion to our active players, with all this crap on the board, think well about your contingencies, especially regarding to movements that are not Jumps!

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 8, 2019

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I don't think Warding Strength triggers on attacks that do 0 damage.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

I don't think Warding Strength triggers on attacks that do 0 damage.

It did 0 damage because of the SHIELD1 from Warding Strenght :)

Characters can activate active cards and items with charges effects in any order - altough they HAVE to activate objects like Hide Armor or cards like Warding Strenght if their condition is triggered. In this case, I assume the Brute would like to activate W.S. first for flexibility and to be able to sum up to 3 points of SHIELD in the future, if necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
In this situation I think it makes sense to trigger Warding Strength first because I don't think there will be any long rests for the remainder of the scenario. Otherwise, you could run in to a situation where you end up long resting with only 1 charge spent on your hide armor, preventing you from recovering the item.