Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

porfiria posted:

Out of all the Champions in the League of Legends who is the most likely to be a Trump supporter?

Kled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Kled doesn't vote because he's a prepper.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

None of the characters are anywhere near developed enough to ascribe a political opinion to them. But Jinx loves guns and trolling, and Tahm Kench is basically River Trump, so these are my nominations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

HIGH ADMIRAL REAR SERGEANT CAPTAIN MISTRESS KLED DOESN'T SUPPORT TRUMP! KLED DOESN'T SUPPORT ANYBODY!

Except this dumb lizard. *musical cue* ehhh hheheheheheh hehheheheheheheeee

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Jinx's entire thing is loving up cops and Caitlyn's poo poo so she's no way a Trump supporter.

Actually I changed my mind, Kled does vote but writes in Skarl every election.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Another lore thing; is Silas the only champion who's pro-democracy? The other Demacians seem to be all hyper-royalist, Ionians are theocratic and the Noxians are all fascists.

Hell, Rivens issues with Noxus are all about how Singed tried to kill her, not how Noxus subjugated her people and forced her into conscription.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Sylas' thing is less being pro-democracy and more wanting to smash the Demacian royal family's collective faces in for the way they killed and imprisoned mages after the Rune War. I want to see Sylas and Sion go on a road trip and bond over their unifying love of smashing hereditary power.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Strictly speaking Noxus is an Expansionist Meritocracy, where anyone can be successful provided they prove capable. It’s one of their good sides.

Piltover and by extension Zaun are theoretically a democratic city state; but Zaun is actually run by the chembarons. The Ionians aren’t really theocratic so much as respectful and worshipful of their elders with a council running things.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 27, 2019

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

So when I started this game in December, it had a little "special offers" icon next to the loot and store icons near my avatar. Under that tab, there were about 5 skins with very reduced RP prices. This tab disappeared at some point in January.

Is it ever coming back? Is it the same for all players, or tied to my account somehow?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That's a thing called "Your Shop", it's a recurring thing that usually comes around every 2-3 months and gives 6 skins based on the champs you play often but once the shop period (usually 2 weeks) is done, those offers are gone as well with no guarantee they'll be there again next time it comes around. You'll know it's back because everyone will be posting shots of their shop in this thread and complaining that they didn't get anything good.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

Strictly speaking Noxus is an Expansionist Meritocracy, where anyone can be successful provided they prove capable. It’s one of their good sides, it is very

Piltover and by extension Zaun are theoretically a democratic city state; but Zaun is actually run by the chembarons. The Ionians aren’t really theocratic so much as respectful and worshipful of their elders with a council running things.

hey chief you forgot to finish your sentence

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Kled voting for anyone is just a bizzare thing to imagine. Kled is for Kled (and Skaarl. SKAAARL GET OVER HERE.)

Mundo votes where he pleases maybe?

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Nobody votes cause democracy doesn't exist in league.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Noxus high council votes regularly to call Darius a douchebag.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

s tier(vibrant and very alive feeling areas with consistent tone): zaun, freljord
a tier(extremely fresh and interesting areas): bandle city, mt targon
b tier(interesting, well fleshed out areas that are relatively fresh): noxus, void(icathia as well if you lump it in. which i do), shadow isles
c tier(decent theme places that are well enough fleshed out if generic): bilgewater, shurima
d tier(all over the place, tonally inconsistent): ionia, demacia
f tier(gently caress piltover): piltover

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

njsykora posted:

Noxus high council votes regularly to call Darius a douchebag.

Then he chops them.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Why is reksai so popular now? Had a reksai in every game last night and each time she was worthless, regardless of team.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Rek'sai was already kinda alright and caught hella buffs this patch and is really strong now. They were probably just bad on her; she's not super demanding, but her burrowing mechanics and creative gank routes take more games to understand than a Xin Zhao or Nocturne

Firebert fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 27, 2019

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

pog boyfriend posted:

hey chief you forgot to finish your sentence

Nah just a thought that I ended up not following. Anyway Piltover is the closest to modern America in society and design so they’re the most likely to have trump voters.

I also agree largely with your tierlist but don’t hate Piltover so it’s solidly d tier for me, and Noxus is S tier when it isn’t being used for cartoon levels of evil.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

Nah just a thought that I ended up not following. Anyway Piltover is the closest to modern America in society and design so they’re the most likely to have trump voters.

I also agree largely with your tierlist but don’t hate Piltover so it’s solidly d tier for me, and Noxus is S tier when it isn’t being used for cartoon levels of evil.

to me piltover is infuriating because they have so many great directions and they just keep adding new poo poo onto it. nothing gets developed. i loved the superhero stuff, the cops and robbers stuff was cool, mad scientists? great! gritty victorian city? why not. but they never stick to one thing and when you like a direction surprise the next piltover stuff is some other poo poo. piltover is the land of wasted potential like nothing else in league.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

pog boyfriend posted:

to me piltover is infuriating because they have so many great directions and they just keep adding new poo poo onto it. nothing gets developed. i loved the superhero stuff, the cops and robbers stuff was cool, mad scientists? great! gritty victorian city? why not. but they never stick to one thing and when you like a direction surprise the next piltover stuff is some other poo poo. piltover is the land of wasted potential like nothing else in league.

Piltover is pretty much just regular steampunk but with magic and Vi.

AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT SHE'LL PUNCH YOU UNTIL YOU DO.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Piltover is pretty much just regular steampunk but with magic and Vi.

AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT SHE'LL PUNCH YOU UNTIL YOU DO.

alright. explain jayce, heimerdinger, ezreal, camille, and orianna being “regular steampunk” then please. it seems to me that heimerdinger and orianna are way above steampunk tech level, ezreal is ezreal, camille is from a dark victorian comic book, and jayce is an over the top superhero, but i might be wrong

E: to clarify, i do not dislike the piltover champions. they are all good on their own. the problem is none of these champions feel like they belong together at all and piltover comes across as a patchwork mess of random ideas because riot refuses to develop one of the ideas they have for piltover with more champions that fit a theme.

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 27, 2019

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

pog boyfriend posted:

alright. explain jayce, heimerdinger, ezreal, camille, and orianna being “regular steampunk” then please. it seems to me that heimerdinger and orianna are way above steampunk tech level, ezreal is ezreal, camille is from a dark victorian comic book, and jayce is an over the top superhero, but i might be wrong

That's it, really. Steampunk but with magic. That's where the crazy high tech stuff comes from. It's magic.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

Ezreal is an explorer who found a magic artefact, reasonable enough for steampunk.

Orianna and Camille are mechanical ladies, as steampunk as it gets. Like, clockwork people are a staple of 19th century literature and therefore of steampunk too. For example, here's a steampunk story:
http://strangehorizons.com/fund_drives/2012/special-issue-hunting1-f.shtml

Tl;dr a railway engineer turns his fox demon girlfriend into a steam robot to fight imperialism

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I have 110 lunar tokens, what's the value for them?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

pidan posted:

Ezreal is an explorer who found a magic artefact, reasonable enough for steampunk.

Orianna and Camille are mechanical ladies, as steampunk as it gets. Like, clockwork people are a staple of 19th century literature and therefore of steampunk too. For example, here's a steampunk story:

Tl;dr a railway engineer turns his fox demon girlfriend into a steam robot to fight imperialism

I was going to say that Camille is a regular human woman with a bunch of mechanical stuff stapled on while Orianna is entirely robotic but I looked it up and apparently Orianna is a post human now too. Welp. Originally Orianna was a robot patterned after some rich guy's daughter as he was really sad when she died. Now she too is a regular human with a bunch of mechanical stuff stapled on.

Blitzcrank is still a robot. He's explicitly a steam golem. But yeah, automatons are a staple of steampunk. So are top hats, inexplicable gears on everything, and some kind of phlebotinum that upended technological advancement the way we know of it. In the case of League it's stuff like runes, magic, emo scorpions, that sort of thing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Erdricks posted:

I have 110 lunar tokens, what's the value for them?

Either pig ward or an orb.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

pidan posted:

my point is not that these are not steampunk, it is that they are not regular steampunk. all of these examples take a different spin on it and thematically, tonally, and technologically differ from each other. compare heimerdingers tech level to caitlyns rifle... none of this poo poo adds up. nearly every piltover champion has their own spin on steampunk and they all go in different, sometimes contradictory directions. that is why piltover is terrible.

piltover is “i dunno this is kind of steampunk, and it is a big city?”

the freljord is a frozen wasteland where 3 factions compete over it, one based in tradition attempting to unify the freljord,, one based in ancient and evil magic, and one that rules off pure strength and seek a lawless world where the strong survive.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

pog boyfriend posted:

my point is not that these are not steampunk, it is that they are not regular steampunk. all of these examples take a different spin on it and thematically, tonally, and technologically differ from each other. compare heimerdingers tech level to caitlyns rifle... none of this poo poo adds up. nearly every piltover champion has their own spin on steampunk and they all go in different, sometimes contradictory directions. that is why piltover is terrible.

piltover is “i dunno this is kind of steampunk, and it is a big city?”

the freljord is a frozen wasteland where 3 factions compete over it, one based in tradition attempting to unify the freljord,, one based in ancient and evil magic, and one that rules off pure strength and seek a lawless world where the strong survive.

Dont forget the demigods, the random nascar hobo, olaf and Braum

(not trying to undermine your point pog, just curious how the other dudes like olaf and udyr fit in)

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

The fact that Udyr is no longer a hobo who jumps out of bushes at people is a travesty.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I miss Jax and Gragas being drinking buddies that regularly rampage through bars. :smith:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Transient People posted:

Dont forget the demigods, the random nascar hobo, olaf and Braum

(not trying to undermine your point pog, just curious how the other dudes like olaf and udyr fit in)

they changed the lore for these guys op, to better fit in with the area. i am torn because old udyr would be loving wack in new freljord but i also love old udyr

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

pidan posted:

None of the characters are anywhere near developed enough to ascribe a political opinion to them. But Jinx loves guns and trolling, and Tahm Kench is basically River Trump, so these are my nominations.

I have wished for a Dahmold Trump skin for a long time now. It would look so good.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Was it Fiddle whose lore was he just stands motionless in a room and the only time he ever moves is to immediately kill anyone who enters? Or was it Shaco?

Is Shaco even a real person? I don't remember.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
This game has lore :confused:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yes it does and they still won’t figure out how to turn it into another game before League dies off.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

duck trucker posted:

Was it Fiddle whose lore was he just stands motionless in a room and the only time he ever moves is to immediately kill anyone who enters? Or was it Shaco?

Is Shaco even a real person? I don't remember.

That was Fiddles. His old lore had to go away as summoners don't exist anymore. For a while nobody dared to summon something from another plane of existence (the Void is part of the LoL world so that doesn't count) and when somebody finally did they got Fiddlesticks who proceeded to kill the hell out of him, camp the summoning chamber, and kill anybody who tried to go in. Otherwise he'd just sit still and vaguely say that something worse was coming when anybody tried to talk to him.

Shaco is probably a person but details about him were always left vague. He's an assassin that's impossible to catch who dresses like a clown and that's about all anybody knows according to the lore.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Nah they turned Shaco into a magic doll that came to life I remember seeing it in one of those did you know facts before a game starts

Kind of like turning skarner into a brainless scorpion or nautilus into a generic sea monster it sucks

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i dunno, a magic doll is probably an upgrade from "Most would say that death isn't funny. It isn't, unless you're Shaco - then it's hysterical. He is Valoran's first fully functioning homicidal comic; he jests until someone dies, and then he laughs."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Miss Fortune spills into the Great Hallway with the same tenacity that she spills into her silk blouse - both taxed to contain her.