Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the worst controller is easily the mouse and keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I know, it especially sucks it's
impossible to find records or videos of people actually doing something about it 20+ years ago rather than just being a sarcastic oval office right?

TIL nobody has protested against injustice in the past 20 years

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I tried that but I could never get it to turn off fully. Every day I'd go to play and realize the battery was dead, or I'd get up for a drink in the middle of the night and realize the pairing light was still flashing on the thing.

Have you tried not waking up in the middle of the night to get a drink and seeing if that fixes the problem?

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Caesar Saladin posted:

Nah, that's the best controller by far.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Das Butterbrot posted:

PS controllers will always be better than xbox for one reason: a good dpad. whoever designs them for microsoft needs to have their thumbs cut off.

The SNES had the first, last, and only good D-pad of any controller, and this is a matter of public record.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Time_pants posted:

Have you tried not waking up in the middle of the night to get a drink and seeing if that fixes the problem?

:doh:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

DLC Inc posted:

has there ever been more of a farthuffing statement than "bloodborne ruined all other games for me"

Try any headline on Polygon, or Kotaku

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Lambert posted:

Nah, that's the best controller by far.

its good for games like "Typing of the Dead", really bad for relaxing and playing a video game after a day at the office

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Caesar Saladin posted:

maybe your hands just aren't big enough. i use my keyboard like an n64 controller

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Caesar Saladin posted:

This is the wrongest opinion in this entire thread. I'll bet you don't even invert your mouse.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Das Butterbrot posted:

congratulations on not playing fighting games / shmups / anything that requires precise digital input friend

xbox dpads have always been mushy pieces of crap. the rest of the controller is near perfect though, i'll give you that.

Are you talking the 360 pad because that was utter trash. The Bone has a classic nintendo dpad thats snappy and accurate in everything Ive used unlike Nintendo who somehow has made two different terrible dpads this generation.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

This is the wrongest opinion in this entire thread. I'll bet you don't even invert your mouse.

i've posted before in this thread that people who invert their mouse have their dick and balls inverted i.e balls on top of dick

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

BURN IN HELLLLLLLLLLL

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I understand the appeal of the mouse but playing games with a keyboard sucks rear end and is the worst.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

veni veni veni posted:

I understand the appeal of the mouse but playing games with a keyboard sucks rear end and is the worst.

Every option available to me at a convenient button press?! How terrible! I'd rather have a gamepad where every button has multiple functions mapped to it accessed by differing length of holding down the button.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kinda funny about wireless controllers being heavier because I've been using them (and portables) for so long that now I find the weight reassuring and wired controllers feel weird.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

so obvious the controller was the very first thing they ever revealed about the console lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGc57hMrAVc&t=73s

Yet it feels like an afterthought

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Time_pants posted:

The SNES Sega Saturn had the first, last, and only good D-pad of any controller, and this is a matter of public record.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Try any headline on Polygon, or Kotaku

That actually was a kotaku headline the other day

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Yet it feels like an afterthought

look at this dingus trying to disrespect Mark Cerny beloved creator of KNACK

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i just had a really long weekend where all my plans were canceled by weather and car problems so let me say definitively that the DS4 battery life is really okay-to-good, i ran out of booze long before i had to recharge that sucker

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

food court bailiff posted:

i just had a really long weekend where all my plans were canceled by weather and car problems so let me say definitively that the DS4 battery life is really okay-to-good, i ran out of booze long before i had to recharge that sucker

But in 15 years its battery life won't be so good. Then you'll be sorry!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

QuarkJets posted:

presumably 15 years in the future all knowledge of screw drivers will be lost.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
All knowledge of playstations, more likely

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

Lambert posted:

Every option available to me at a convenient button press?! How terrible! I'd rather have a gamepad where every button has multiple functions mapped to it accessed by differing length of holding down the button.

omg a device made for the sole purpose of playing video games using an mixture of digital and analog input!

no, no thank you, I shall remain click clacking on my 104 key keyboard of which I generally require the 'wasd' buttons. maybe space.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
you got force feedback on that keyboard ya fuckn nerd?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

lmao

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I taped a vibrator to the bottom of my keyboard so I'm still getting the full controller experience.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

BloodRed posted:

omg a device made for the sole purpose of playing video games using an mixture of digital and analog input!

no, no thank you, I shall remain click clacking on my 104 key keyboard of which I generally require the 'wasd' buttons. maybe space.

"Made for the sole purpose of playing video games" doesn't mean "better than". It's demonstrably worse and even unusably bad for many genres.

Also, force feedback is a dumb gimmick I always disable.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
yeah typing of the dead and poo poo like that maybe but if you were born with 2 assholes for thumbs like you obviously were then I am sorry for u and your family.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lambert posted:

Also, force feedback is a dumb gimmick I always disable.

okay dumdum

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
"Yes, I really want my controller to feel like I'm getting a call while playing my shootmans"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I just turn vibration off at the account level on my xbox. It's a dumb gimmick and your battery hates it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lambert posted:

"Yes, I really want my controller to feel like I'm getting a call while playing my shootmans"

Yes?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Lambert posted:

lol people don't call you

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0oHnGM_iQw

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

christmas boots posted:

lol people don't call you

Given the average age of goons, I feel like insults from high school are no longer cutting it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It’s 2019 so they probably text

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lambert posted:

Given the average age of goons, I feel like insults from high school are no longer cutting it.

Your stock portfolio is poorly diversified, and your young child is ill-behaved!