Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

bushisms.txt posted:

Twitch chat has been really good for this hearing. Lot of AOC love lol

Yeah my favorite pokemon by far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

bushisms.txt posted:

Twitch chat has been really good for this hearing. Lot of AOC love lol

washington post said crao

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Help Im Alive posted:

Were the Powerpuff Girls big in Japan

it was a huge influence on some artists and animators

the guy who directed little witch academia drew fanart of my life as a teenage robot once

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
coincidentally, the director of little witch academia was the character designer for valkyrie profile

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Half of the character designer. They're brothers, but only one of them is the LWA guy (also main mecha designer fur Gurren Lagann and present on a bunch of other trigger stuff). But also yeah, he's a massive westaboo, even had an alt deviantart account to draw MLP stuff.

His bro is an animator specializing in "weird" anims. Made in Abyss monsters, the moving statue in LWA, stuff like that.

cheetah7071 posted:

now I wanna know what Him looks like in this art style
He looks disappointing, actually.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Reminder that UFO50 will be cool.

https://twitter.com/mossmouth/status/1100500850819108867

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Capcom should make a new Star Gladiator/Plasma Sword

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Colonel posted:

burning rangers is underrated

I love the vocal songs so much

Angel With Burning Hearts is probably the song that gives me the most motivation in life.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
avp arcade is so loving good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad i finally got to play burning rangers and learn that burning rangers is literally just sonic adventure 2 complete with a dead old scientist obsessing over his daughter and creating a giant space station that threatens to crash into the world except instead of fighting a biolizard you fight a superintelligent, broken ai that manifests as an angel demon in a trippy cyberspace dimension

and then the credits are just images of the burning rangers' daily lives petting cats and dolphins

burning rangers go

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Watching MaxDood stream Jump Force has given me the acute impression of a game as rushed as Sonic 06. Boy does that look bad.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mission 2 of burning rangers is amazing because it just midway casually drops that tillis' parents died in a fire and also she can talk to dolphins and a dolphin tells her that there's a horrible monster deep within the floating aquarium and your advisor is just like "okay tillis. i believe in you"

i wish sega would make a new burning rangers game with the same sense of style as the original because in spite of all its jank i had a shitton of fun with it and i think a modern game building off its ideas could be really fun

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
make a burning rangers yakuza game where instead of fighting people you fight fires with your fists

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Grouchio posted:

Watching MaxDood stream Jump Force has given me the acute impression of a game as rushed as Sonic 06. Boy does that look bad.

There was a lot of hype in certain circles. It's absolutely terrible.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/sakura_burst/status/1100840663824912384

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

They announced this like 9 months ago

12 i think

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

idgi

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nobody talked about scorbunny on twitter

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Lmao

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

:emptyquote:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Scorbunny just makes me think of Scorpanok

Genesect should've been in pokken tournament as a transformer fighter or something maybe

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

doggone it, video games i own, be more appealing! i don't have any other hobbies

make this boredom ceeeease

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

doggone it, video games i own, be more appealing! i don't have any other hobbies

The constant desire for novelty is the human condition.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ciaphas posted:

You should get some other hobbies then.

Or get one of those super grindy games you can sink weeks into.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 28, 2019

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Internet Kraken posted:

Warframe got a massive update today for its new alert system/battle pass so I'm going to end up deep back in that after a long break from it when I'm done with work today.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

njsykora posted:

Warframe got a massive update today for its new alert system/battle pass so I'm going to end up deep back in that after a long break from it when I'm done with work today.

I think my ideal game rn would be some kind of less-intense warframe, yeah. Game moves too bloody fast for me right now

think FAK mentioned Rune Factory 4 and later 5's comin to switch, maybe something like that??? idk

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ciaphas posted:

I think my ideal game rn would be some kind of less-intense warframe, yeah. Game moves too bloody fast for me right now

think FAK mentioned Rune Factory 4 and later 5's comin to switch, maybe something like that??? idk

Actually you should just play Dwarf Fortress.

EDIT: Actually I'll go ahead and say I think everyone should have a hobby that is productive in some form or another, so really, try and find something else to do with your spare time in addition to vidya game. Like, pick up art or something.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 28, 2019

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I didn't think out of the half dozen or so games I grabbed from super cheap steam keys on SA-Mart that the one I'd end up liking the most was Lara Croft GO.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Is there a word for how sometimes the more you try to fight a boss the worse you get at it

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I thought Lara Croft GO & Hitman GO were both great. Hitman GO is way shorter but makes up for it with a nice board game aesthetic.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

cheetah7071 posted:

Is there a word for how sometimes the more you try to fight a boss the worse you get at it

fatigue

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hitman Go is a phenomenal game and while Tomb Raider Go and Deus Ex Go arent quite as good theyre both great games.

RIP fun single player phone games

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Internet Kraken posted:

EDIT: Actually I'll go ahead and say I think everyone should have a hobby that is productive in some form or another, so really, try and find something else to do with your spare time in addition to vidya game. Like, pick up art or something.

nah gently caress it make your productive hobby be video games too

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

tilting. but come back tomorrow and you'll beat it first try

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
https://twitter.com/CaptainHanyuu/status/1100797317098192897?s=19

Posting this everywhere because it made me cackle like a buffoon.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Actually you should just play Dwarf Fortress.

heh, other hobbies, that's funny :v: (seems other things don't hold my interest long, besides my cats. dunno why. might be the cat toxo thing)

i do wonder what in the hell has happened to DF in the years since I played, back when Boatmurdered was actually relatively recent. I know it went multi-level and that Toady Is Insane but that's about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-VAL7Epn3o

Ars Technica's War Stories interview series is excellent, but I think this is the best video so far. Some of the details about unit path-finding and full-screen video encoding in the early CD-ROM era are incredibly interesting.

I miss Westwood.