Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

He was a skater borb
She said see you later borb
He wasn't good enough for her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

yoshesque posted:

Maru only knows one trick but drat is she good at it!
https://i.imgur.com/SekNHVc.mp4
(turn on sound for cute)
I love conure kissing sounds so much :kimchi:

speaking of conures, this one has been sleeping like this for the last hour, the goon. His left foot is planted in my palm :lol:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Serra the Cockatiel in her natural fat and sassy state.

https://youtu.be/6rUGWzgpWAw

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

speaking of conures, this one has been sleeping like this for the last hour, the goon. His left foot is planted in my palm :lol:

Amadeus seems like such a sweet little guy.

Sorry for the loss of your left hand.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

no egrets

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I should think not - you'd never fit one in your palm.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

best bird

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

he's so fat how is terra even real

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Oh no!

Question for y'all, when your bird is hanging out and starts getting all cute and nappy, do you not find yourselves getting sleepy too?

Budgies have that sweet bubbly song they sing when they get sleepy, usually sends me into nap mode.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Oh no!

Question for y'all, when your bird is hanging out and starts getting all cute and nappy, do you not find yourselves getting sleepy too?

Budgies have that sweet bubbly song they sing when they get sleepy, usually sends me into nap mode.

Yes. The sound of a sleepy bird is very soothing. Crouton and Galbedir have special songs they twitter when having a lovely nap. Beak grinding is also relaxing. I would put it up there with purring cat noises for therapeutic animal sounds.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The most precious boy :3:

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Edit: No this one is waaaay better.

theHUNGERian fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 26, 2019

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I would take naps on the couch and my budgies/cockatiel would often come over and nap with me. The various budgies have always been really well mannered but sometimes I'd be rudely woken up by the cockatiel who would sleep so close to my face on the pillow, and get irritated at my nose or something if it happened to touch him.

Being woken up out of a nap by a cockatiel angrily bonking into your face and squawking is pretty disorientating let me tell you.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Faerie Fortune posted:

he's so fat how is terra even real

Where did his crest go!?

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Oh no!

When I'm holding Teeka and he decides it's nap time for him, it's also nap time for me

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Captain Log posted:

Where did his crest go!?

He moulted exactly enough crest feathers to make it look ridiculous but his big crest feathers are growing back

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Back in November I visited the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, and in an aviary filled with lorikeets I spotted this little guy and snapped some photos.

I asked the keepers about him and they'd built him a 3D-printed beak when his broke somehow. :3:

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
the blue feathers on the heads of rainbow lorikeets are the best

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Kenshin posted:

Back in November I visited the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, and in an aviary filled with lorikeets I spotted this little guy and snapped some photos.

I asked the keepers about him and they'd built him a 3D-printed beak when his broke somehow. :3:

i remember this darkwing duck character

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Kenshin posted:

Tycho Birdie.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

theHUNGERian posted:

Edit: No this one is waaaay better.

This is the most parrot thing I've ever read

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
My bird now grabs onto my hand and crawls into my palm, then uses his beak to pull my fingers down over itself like a blanket. Like I know it's a bad thing and I need to stop doing it, but it's hard...

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

This is the most parrot thing I've ever read

I liked how it started off as "birbs are smart and can understand us" but quickly turned into remembering they're like little two year olds.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I ordered a tiny plush cockatiel off Amazon from some Japanese company. It looks super cartoony and round.

I made the mistake of showing it to Serra. She reacted strangely, with her wings sorta half extended and making sexy noises. :stare:

Less than 24 hours later Serra is in full blown egg laying mode, giving me the absolute stink eye.

Whoops.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kenshin posted:

Cyborb.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Captain Log posted:

I ordered a tiny plush cockatiel off Amazon from some Japanese company. It looks super cartoony and round.

I made the mistake of showing it to Serra. She reacted strangely, with her wings sorta half extended and making sexy noises. :stare:

Less than 24 hours later Serra is in full blown egg laying mode, giving me the absolute stink eye.

Whoops.

so...you got a cockatiel Real Doll? lol

I shouldn't laugh...I am paranoid that Cricket will go into full egg laying mode one of these days :( I REALLY hope she doesn't!!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

yeah we're still not 100% sure if Terra is a boy or not and my greatest fear is finding out my idiot bird son is actually my idiot bird daughter via finding eggs somewhere, or by having an egg bound cockatiel

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

This beaky boy :3:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

You know, there are few animals that I look into the eyes of and see so much intelligence looking back at me. That is the gaze of a creature attempting to figure out the world.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

RoboRodent posted:

You know, there are few animals that I look into the eyes of and see so much intelligence looking back at me. That is the gaze of a creature attempting to figure out the world.

And murder it.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

A handsome beaky lad

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Suntan Boy posted:

And murder it.

I thought that went without saying.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iahl8cTZfeE

A gift from the UKMT
Extremely birb

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Charlie ate an unknown amount of an unknown orange substance nearly an hour ago now and even though he's showing no signs of distress I am panicking. I called the avian vet and they said to monitor him and try to figure out what the stuff is.

In that pursuit I tasted it and found out that the stuff is fruity tasting and not chemically at all, which I take as a good sign, but I'm still just freaked out to the maximum.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Karma Comedian posted:

Charlie ate an unknown amount of an unknown orange substance nearly an hour ago now and even though he's showing no signs of distress I am panicking. I called the avian vet and they said to monitor him and try to figure out what the stuff is.

In that pursuit I tasted it and found out that the stuff is fruity tasting and not chemically at all, which I take as a good sign, but I'm still just freaked out to the maximum.

i mean, shampoo is fruity smelling and you don't want birds to eat that.

if you dont have oranges in the house, then you may have to investigate the soap bars, the air fresheners, and other things.

the proof will be bird marks all up in its biz

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

EVIL Gibson posted:

i mean, shampoo is fruity smelling and you don't want birds to eat that.

if you dont have oranges in the house, then you may have to investigate the soap bars, the air fresheners, and other things.

the proof will be bird marks all up in its biz

Crouton and Galbedir will try to eat bars of soap if I forget to close the bathroom door when they're out. I know from personal experience that this soap tastes real bad but they can't get enough of it! They even start crunching their beaks happily and giving their "mm yummy in my tummy :keke:" burbles they usually save for chilli and kale when they settle down after being removed from the soap.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
https://i.imgur.com/pSru55e.mp4

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

it's Friday, time to show off those chops!

terra's are taking over his beak

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Faerie Fortune posted:

it's Friday, time to show off those chops!

terra's are taking over his beak
He really is a sweet little sphere :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

:drat: