Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If Shinjuku reminds you of SMT, I believe it's at least partially intentional. Even the OP song, Lose Your Way emits that feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
All of the EoR singularities are really genre pastiche-y, so if they remind you of something it's probably intentional in general.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Gologle posted:

The third way is to just look at some of them. Like, come on, Tamamo is evil as hell.

Evil is way hotter than Good. Mikon4life.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I was trying to be clean until Simosa but Shinjuku's good dog and old man just loving smashed that idea to pieces, gently caress.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

UGH I hate fighting Archer servants. Their NP bar is way too short.

Still, singularity down. Someone care to explain what would have happened had we bailed mid-way? The way I understood it, we could have just left this Shinjuku to the metaphorical wolves (and the one actual wolf) and there'd have been no repercussions for the rest of the multiverse.

E: of course screw bailing out, I fully agree with staying. Just curious.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Omobono posted:

Still, singularity down. Someone care to explain what would have happened had we bailed mid-way? The way I understood it, we could have just left this Shinjuku to the metaphorical wolves (and the one actual wolf) and there'd have been no repercussions for the rest of the multiverse.

Actually I'm sure gudako just wants to stay to cop that grail

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Cuntellectual posted:

The one thing that annoys me though is that since the Jalter canonically in Chaldea isn't the one in Shinjuku, the latter is just kinda gone. :smith:

On the other hand, the Jalter in Chaldea just starts wearing the Shinjuku outfit and stuff anyways. :iiam:

The memories probably got synced into Chaldea version at some point. Chaldea can use its own observation records to feed servants' memories from deployments.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Jalter has reached Maximum Tsundere in this singularity, it's absolutely adorable.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Rorahusky posted:

Jalter has reached Maximum Tsundere in this singularity, it's absolutely adorable.

There's no such thing.
Any Tsundere local maxima will be surpassed her next appearance; also she's still at about 90% on the Tohsaka scale.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Rorahusky posted:

:hai:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I got NP3 Jack rolling for Kingprotea and I'm salty about it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rorahusky posted:

Reminder that if you ever think you've reached that point with Jalter: She can go farther. :v:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Rorahusky posted:

Liked, followed and subscribed to your Patreon.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
If there is a limit, Jalter will surpass that limit and grow even stronger! Her power is limitless and boundless, as strong as the sun and as steadfast as the coursing river! There is no way Jalter can lose--!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Is there any new Jalter story between Shinjuku and the summer after next?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Jalter has a long interlude around july-ish.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Omobono posted:

Initially Da Vinci feared that the singularity could become a problem, so she sent us to investigate.
Then we discovered that the singularity would have died by itself, but killing all the people inside it.
After a certain point we were simply unable to rayshift back.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I got NP3 Jack rolling for Kingprotea and I'm salty about it.

I got Tamamo rolling for Kingprotea so I'm right there with you. :smith:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

YggdrasilTM posted:

Initially Da Vinci feared that the singularity could become a problem, so she sent us to investigate.
Then we discovered that the singularity would have died by itself, but killing all the people inside it.
After a certain point we were simply unable to rayshift back.

The support team could force a rayshift, it's just that the MC wants to save everybody in the singularity instead of leaving them to their fate.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Gudako doesn't get locked in the Singularity until the very end.

Also send me those Jacks, I still have to roll the murder daughter. :smith:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Plus there was the whole reveal from Babylon that even if a singularity is resolved, the damage done still gets factored into reality in subtle ways. So it’s good to try to resolve the thing in a better way than “everyone dies” so the world doesn’t start slowly taking its pound of flesh from the corrected history via wars/sickness/accidents/etc.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

We did it for the grail.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Plus there was the whole reveal from Babylon that even if a singularity is resolved, the damage done still gets factored into reality in subtle ways.

Which doesn't really much sense. The 5th Singularity had most of the US population killed off, including George Washington before he became President. Even if we changed history so that they were killed by a plague instead of marauding Celts, that would have a huge impact on history.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

My assumption is it really spreads the damage out over years/decades.

But yeah, don’t think too hard about it!-

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Vengarr posted:

Which doesn't really much sense. The 5th Singularity had most of the US population killed off, including George Washington before he became President. Even if we changed history so that they were killed by a plague instead of marauding Celts, that would have a huge impact on history.

Buddy, what do you know about the three stooges adventure comedy known as The Death of George Washington

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Vengarr posted:

It also had the US populated as far west as California in 1776.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yeah I talked about it at the time but that really feels like a retcon because Nasu wanted to add more stakes into the Singularities to make them relevant past their story point.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That reminds me of something I was wondering (assuming I haven't just forgotten the answer): is actual Waver alive out there in the world now that humanity is un-incinerated? Could servant Waver and regular Waver meet if he is?

Yeah, I just needed to brush up on reading about his weird rear end summon.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 28, 2019

blossomingthing
Feb 28, 2019

self-ascribed 'big lesbian'

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Plus there was the whole reveal from Babylon that even if a singularity is resolved, the damage done still gets factored into reality in subtle ways. So it’s good to try to resolve the thing in a better way than “everyone dies” so the world doesn’t start slowly taking its pound of flesh from the corrected history via wars/sickness/accidents/etc.

I'm not sure if that's actually the case, considering the reveal that this shinjuku is completely removed from the flow of time. I think it's implied protag could just leave at any point.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Vengarr posted:

Nasu elaborated upon this in his blog, but the world basically does a lot of bookkeeping to correct things. https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/a6bdgd/clarification_on_a_certain_thing_at_the_end_of/

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
somehow, after over half a year of her being out, I only now have thought of double skadi + caesar

watching the boy drop a 545k NP and getting 53% NP charge back... i'm sorry, my daughter fran, but you're only NP1

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

now imagine if they ever give him a drat np interlude

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Are the Lostbelt rewards still just crappy CE's?

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

:smith:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gologle posted:

Are the Lostbelt rewards still just crappy CE's?

Yes

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
On one hand, I didn't roll crimeman and I really wanted him.

On the other hand if I have to be spooked by a "actually good" servant this is the result I wanted.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

a kitten posted:

That reminds me of something I was wondering (assuming I haven't just forgotten the answer): is actual Waver alive out there in the world now that humanity is un-incinerated? Could servant Waver and regular Waver meet if he is?

Yeah, I just needed to brush up on reading about his weird rear end summon.

In FGO timeline apparently the holy grail war in 2004 was the first, not the fifth. So Waver couldn’t have fought in the fourth.

Waver Velvet was presumably born and is out there unless there are other big timeline differences we don’t know of. However, since he never fought in a holy grail war he probably never became a grizzled chain smoking Lord El Melloi II.

That being said, in Apocrypha they shoehorned in a way for him to fight in something similar and become a Lord, so maybe there was something g similar in this timeline.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

So what is Lobo and Moriarty like as servants? 'cause I know a lot of the time, the one you get is different in personality than the one in the singularity? Do we get goofy dad Moriarty? Does Lobo want a tummy rub??

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lobo is silent like he is normally, but he has more moments where he's affectionate with you and Moriarty basically treats you as a student of his.

If you wanna see more from both of them you should be excited for this year's Summer for NA because uh... Moriarty is in it and he's easily one of the most amazing characters in the event and Lobo gets a lot of fun moments from what is probably his only event appearance to this day in JP that I can recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah just based off of Moriarty's bond lines (i don't have him ascended nor have i put him in my room) he seems like a decent mix of the goofy old guy while being evil, since he's not antagonistic to you at all and acts kinda grandfatherly about you being a good master, saying that not hating evil is a good trait of yours.

e: the VA performance definitely helps this despite the small amount of text, he really gets across the kinda paternal but hammy villain feeling