Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cagematch is down so I can't see who he's wrestled, but he did a Glass match with G-Raver in 2017, so let's just assume everyone in GCW has HIV right now

All it's going to take is one outbreak and blood in wrestling will be gone forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The last matches they listed for him were 2017, I read that yesterday when the podcast first got published with the story

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

quick did joey janela bleed at all in

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/OBEYBrookes/status/1100517523487969280

possible moty candidate

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
lol moty more like a singularity that ends wrestling forever (in a good way)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/janelababy/status/1100609760087494656

Increased probability that the entire three hour one Clusterfuck match of Joey Janela’s Spring Break 3 Part Two is all build for who killed the invisible man

Chris James 2 posted:

show of the year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1100923579447808002

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Book LA park against Jun Kasai

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
wrestling folk heroes

1. rikidozan
2. el santo
3. nick gage

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
It will be the undertaker

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Byolante posted:

It will be the undertaker

Dead Man Marking

"DM" would actually be a good ring name if they can't come up with anything else

Instead of GONG it's the Twitter chirp

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
undertaker vs skeleton chair man in a casket match

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I want to see this just because I want to see the sum totality of a purely WWE trained wrestler against Orange Cassidy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's wild to me that Orange Cassidy, a dude who is very much just wrestling as a hobby, is going to fight someone from WWE.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

I want to see this just because I want to see the sum totality of a purely WWE trained wrestler against Orange Cassidy
Dream isn't purely WWE trained though?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That's right Dream used to be Polyester Ant

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

The flippy guy who landed on his forehead on the last page... did he die? Is he OK?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hellblazer187 posted:

The flippy guy who landed on his forehead on the last page... did he die? Is he OK?

Pretty sure he just got a concussion or a stinger?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he's going for an MRI per dave but i think they just reported a predictable amount of head and neck pain at this point

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Im over here waiting to see how this doesnt work out, even though the only time someone hasnt showed up to a MLA show was when Jeff Cobb got hurt at The Crash the day before a few years ago (Tho last show's advertised main event of Rush vs PARK turned into PARK/Park Jr vs Rush/Mecha Wolf)

https://twitter.com/muchaluchaatl/status/1097222466630500353?s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I was on the fence about getting tickets for that APW show but now I'm sold

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Who knew?

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1101267827791745025

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
never even heard of davey richards /shrug

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ethan Page posted:

The amount of people texting me, who are in the industry so I’m not going to add them to my public hate for Davey Richards, everyone I told the story to was like, “Eh, that’s Davey.”

I don’t like that that is ok. Only in our job is that an answer. Eh, it’s Davey? No! When does professionalism ever become the most important part of our job? It won’t because skill will always dictate success and that’s so annoying to me.

I have no problem burying him. I have no respect for that guy. He used to be one of my favorite wrestlers. He’s a joke.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Long-deserved

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
That's no way to talk about a paramedic/fire fighter who is the true hero here. he took time to talk to a person he saved and that's why he no showed one event.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Davey Richards killed the Invisible Man to get back at Ethan Page.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tomahawk posted:

never even heard of davey richards /shrug

he was a big deal for three days on twitter.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Say what you will about Davey but at least he’s put on some legitimately good matches and has a decent in-ring presence, neither of which anyone could ever accuse Ethan Page of.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Say what you will about Davey but at least he’s put on some legitimately good matches and has a decent in-ring presence, neither of which anyone could ever accuse Ethan Page of.

Page isn't calling him out over ability, though

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Saying "skill will always dictate success" and meaning that as a bad thing seems like a really bad and self-defeating way for Page to phrase his complaint.

Like, showing up on time is a skill as much as putting on an entertaining wrestling match is, and Page's problem is that people are willing to forgive deficiencies in the former if someone excels at the latter.

And I'm not even sure that's true. Like, yeah, Davey gets bookings, but you know who is more professional than Davey and is getting bigger paychecks? Roderick Strong. Is he a better wrestler than Davey? That's debatable, but only one of them is getting that WWE money. Low Ki is another example, he's a skilled wrestler whose lack of professionalism has overshadowed that skill, and as a result is demonstrably less successful than his skill taken on its own would dictate.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Davey Richards has no middle ground. He'll either put on amazing matches or boring rear end rolodex of moves nonsense.

There are younger guys with less brain issues that work smarter than Davey with more consistently exciting matches. Evolve has an entire roster full of crossfit fighters. Let Davey gently caress over some shindie money mark.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean im not for victim blaming in any situations but if you attempt to book davey you kinda have to know what comes with the territory there

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Does Davey have mental health issues because his commitment issues with bookings and quitting wrestling and then deciding to come back briefly paints him as fickle or could be seen as troubling.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

Does Davey have mental health issues because his commitment issues with bookings and quitting wrestling and then deciding to come back briefly paints him as fickle or could be seen as troubling.

Anyone who models themselves after Dynamite Kid has mental issues from the start.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Most under-the-radar I've seen a PWG show be in terms of attention from general communities the week one's happening, but anyway the card for PWG 200 tonight

Jeff Cobb defends the world title against Bandido
The Rascalz defend the tag titles against Lucha Bros and LAX
Jonathan Gresham vs David Starr
Darby Allin vs Brody King
Trey Miguel vs Jake Atlas vs Jungle Boy
Laredo Kid vs Puma King
Aussie Open vs Best Friends

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
They are shipping out Hand of Doom today, thankfully.

I am not sure if Jungle Boy is going to make it tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

fadmonkey posted:

They are shipping out Hand of Doom today, thankfully.

I am not sure if Jungle Boy is going to make it tonight.

He has a pretty good excuse. For those who don't know, Luke Perry is his dad and Luke had a massive stroke.