Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/1101150033318170624

Whaaaaa

EDIT: Extended trailer because I'm a retard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWxlbnI9mpU

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

^ I came to post those but beaten!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
YES
YESSSSSSSS
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSmoking Sick Style

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Now I'm motivated.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RevolverDivider posted:

Now I'm motivated.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Spoilers? I don't get it. I like the games but I basically skipped all the cutscenes or let all the words go in one ear out the other.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Maaaaan I am really excited to see what this is all about. It looks like we're going to finally see the attack on Sparda and Eva, the most formative experience for Dante and Vergil. And it looks like it'll go into Dante's early-early years too, with "change your name" and it all taking place in Redgrave city.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Spoilers? I don't get it. I like the games but I basically skipped all the cutscenes or let all the words go in one ear out the other.

I mean you could literally say that about any game ever.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Heck yeah.

Everyone is very impressed you're a dullard.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

RevolverDivider posted:

Now I'm motivated.

And lmao at anyone who think Dante will survive.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

RevolverDivider posted:

Now I'm motivated.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
People really need to get over Vergil btw, he's not that cool to anyone who isn't an edgy teenager. Dante and Nero are way better than him.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Vergil is fantastic because his extreme dorkdom makes you feel much better about Dante by comparison.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Gologle posted:

People really need to get over Vergil btw, he's not that cool to anyone who isn't an edgy teenager. Dante and Nero are way better than him.

SOMEONE isn't motivated!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Gologle posted:

lol look at this guy

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

That new sword sure is something. Are those afterimages also connecting with hits?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gologle posted:

:frogout:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Gologle posted:

FOOLISH.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It's possible I'm just salty because Vergil was the objective Best Character in Marvel vs Capcom 3 and I hated seeing him after a while.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Thread theme out of loving nowhere https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mi11pfUUrk

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gologle posted:

SHCUMM

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Wait the surprise is Vergil? Was it ever assumed he wouldn't be in it?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I was sorta okay with waiting 8 days but now gently caress me it’s gonna be hard

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think I assumed Vergil would be involved but the untagged spoilers imply he's actually in it somehow, so that's neat I guess

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Broke: Urizen is Vergil's pseudonym
Woke: Urizen is Vergil's real name and "Vergil" is the pseudonym picked specifically to mock Dante because "Dante" is not his real name either

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

AAAaaaaa.
The spoilers are coming from inside the thread.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Oh poo poo If Dante went into hiding as a child and went under a pseudonym that's clearly addressing "Tony Redgrave" and that's pretty cool

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

AAAaaaaa.
The spoilers are coming from inside the thread.

on one hand yeah I wanted to be surprised but on the other hand you literally see Vergil's cufflinks in the very first E3 trailer so it's the most open secret ever

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Gologle posted:

Nohman posted:

Everyone is very impressed you're a dullard.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Now I'm kinda hoping for a Sparda section. Nothing too long, though..
I'm, however, disliking Trish and Lady getting kidnapped. Let's see how it goes since this is just a trailer but I'm not confident.
Was big armored dude in the trailer a modern take on Nelo Angelo? Freeze frame showed Vergil in his Vergil getup but he could always change his duds later

Are there any spoilers on who V is? He's obviously connected to Mundus in some way (what with Griffon, Phantom and Nightmare). Or he could be a random demon summoner that managed to tap into hell's top lieutenants, but somehow I don't think it's the latter.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

holy poo poo you skipped Dante’s theater cutscene in DMC4?
what kind of way to live is this!?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Omobono posted:

Are there any spoilers on who V is? He's obviously connected to Mundus in some way (what with Griffon, Phantom and Nightmare). Or he could be a random demon summoner that managed to tap into hell's top lieutenants, but somehow I don't think it's the latter.

V will turn out to be young Arkham, either cloned or sent forward through time. Nothing you can tell me will change my mind

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Trailer
The new sword Dante is using in the trailer has some similarities to the sword Cavaliere Angelo uses. In particular they both leave afterimages and have two unconnected edges with glowing stuff in between. Shape and glow color of the swords are different, though.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Gologle posted:

I mean like who you will but are you seriously saying that Vergil is edgelord nonsense while Dante and Nero are highbrow characters for adults?

lmao come on

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nina posted:

Broke: Urizen is Vergil's pseudonym
Woke: Urizen is Vergil's real name and "Vergil" is the pseudonym picked specifically to mock Dante because "Dante" is not his real name either

drat.....

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Uh wow. The slow melodic section in the trailer is basically THIS BUT WITH LYRICS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmdtXPv6ijs

drat this plot goes way back.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Since the trailer kinda spoils it, here's something that people discovered WAY back during the first trailer:
If you slightly raise the pitch of Urizen's voice, it becomes incredibly obvious that he has plenty of motivation.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Omobono posted:

"Top lieutenants" is stretching it. Shadows are regular (if powerful) enemies and Nightmare is a mindless bioweapon. Griffon was clearly pretty significant since Mundus went out of his way to show up and nuke him for his failure, but that's about it. Phantom isn't in the crew.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nina posted:

Oh poo poo If Dante went into hiding as a child and went under a pseudonym that's clearly addressing "Tony Redgrave" and that's pretty cool

The anime actually has an episode about this and it's insane to me how much it has been acknowledged in this game so far

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

just saw the trailer ITS MOTHERFUCKIN VERGIL ITS MOTHERFUCKIN VERGIL!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
That trailer has addressed something that's been bugging about Trish. Her new design and Eva remind me way too much of Ann Coulter.