Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Does Nexus Mod Manager work with Morrowind? I use that for Fallout 4 and it seems decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Happy Underpants posted:

Is this from cowboy bebop you gently caress??

Seems so. Googling one of the lines without obvious Morrowind references in it brings a ton of stuff about Cowboy Bebop's intro blurb, which is:

quote:

Once upon a time, in New York City in 1941... at this club open to all comers to play, night after night, at a club named "Minston's Play House" in Harlem, they play jazz sessions competing with each other. Young jazz men with a new sense are gathering. At last they created a new genre itself. They are sick and tired of the conventional fixed style jazz. They're eager to play jazz more freely as they wish then... in 2071 in the universe... The bounty hunters, who are gathering in the spaceship "BEBOP", will play freely without fear of risky things. They must create new dreams and films by breaking traditional styles. The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called... COWBOY BEBOP

Apparently we're supposed to have bounty hunters in spaceships in just 52 years.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
lol what the gently caress was "fixed style" jazz ever supposed to be

e: they hosed up by not replacing jazz with CHIM

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 25, 2019

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Does Nexus Mod Manager work with Morrowind? I use that for Fallout 4 and it seems decent.

don't

use mod organizer 2, wrye mash, or nothing

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Happy Underpants posted:

Is this from cowboy bebop you gently caress??

Let's get everybody in the Blades together.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
didn't dagoth ur gently caress up by getting enlightened backwards and discover anti-chim, or is this one of the many dumbass theories about the game that I heard somewhere?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

didn't dagoth ur gently caress up by getting enlightened backwards and discover anti-chim, or is this one of the many dumbass theories about the game that I heard somewhere?

to quote a reddit post

quote:

CHIM is, as you said, I AM ALL ARE WE, which is that we are all part of a multitudinous singularity, a drop in a river. To acheive CHIM you need to know Love and are limited by this Love, which for the sake of brevity, we shall simply explain as a desire to unify, to maintain the singularity. You want to act in the ultimate best interest of the collective, even if short-term you enact violent change. You are a Prime Minister, first among equals, no more important or more significant to the narrative than any other, although you have special powers.

Anti-CHIM, you don't have that same desire to preserve the collective, it's like being a Dictator. I AM AND ALL ARE ME. You want to steer the narrative, and you are not limited by a desire to unify and preserve the collective, since it's all part of you. Your motives are your own and drive you. Instead of being a drop in a river with special powers, you seek to force every other drop to be just like you, and subjugate it.

vivec chim, dagoth ur antichim

yes its all a dumb theory but what isnt

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

lol what the gently caress was "fixed style" jazz ever supposed to be

e: they hosed up by not replacing jazz with CHIM

Pre bebop jazz experimented less with time signatures and tempos, focusing more on melodic and harmonic improvisation.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Kirkbride takes a lot from the incomparable Glorantha, and CHIM is basically Illumination while Dagoth Ur was basically Occluded. So for the most part, if you can find any good loreposts on those two subjects - and there's plenty in our own homegrown LPs of King of Dragon Pass over the years - you can get a pretty good handle on CHIM.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Stuporstar posted:

Here's the Travel Trunk mod: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pm7zlmbcitwql6a/STT_OneContainer2RuleThemAll.7z?dl=0

Container's found in the C&E Office, make sure you grab the key off the floor as the trunk locks whenever you leave it, and you also need the key to ask a guild guide to teleport it into whatever Mages Guild you're in. It ports to your stronghold, the barracks in Gnisis and Fort Frostmoth if you're a Legion member, as well as some other places noted in the readme. Otherwise you need to pay for a room at an inn to access it. The Publicans support is built in.

TR version coming sometime later.

I'm sorry but I must be a big ol' doofus because I can't find the travel trunk key anywhere in the Census and Excise Office. Is it behind a shelf or under some saltrice bags or something?

EDIT: Doofus-status confirmed: The floor texture pack I downloaded is perfect key camouflage. Keymouflage.

Necroskowitz fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 25, 2019

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Necroskowitz posted:

I'm sorry but I must be a big ol' doofus because I can't find the travel trunk key anywhere in the Census and Excise Office. Is it behind a shelf or under some saltrice bags or something?

EDIT: Doofus-status confirmed: The floor texture pack I downloaded is perfect key camouflage. Keymouflage.

Keymotherapy.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Detect Key is a spell

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
hawkshaw is like $2 and prob worth using if you don't have some extreme loadout of rings and can find one.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Jeff Goldblum posted:

kudos if actually bother to read it
Let's jam.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
With my previous installation, I had a mod that would let me hold control and click a stack of stuff and then use a slider to choose how many to take. Does anyone know what that mod is?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Speaking of previous installs, how difficult is it to install a new version of OpenMW on top of an existing one? Can I just extract/overwrite the current file and pick back up with my current config/mods/savegame, or do I need to strip it out and reinstall my mods and configure my poo poo again?

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

hooah posted:

With my previous installation, I had a mod that would let me hold control and click a stack of stuff and then use a slider to choose how many to take. Does anyone know what that mod is?

Unless I'm mistaken about what you're referring to, this is in vanilla. You just don't hold down anything when you click the stack.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Iirc, there's an option in the code patch that let's you change up your UI control to what you're referring to

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Turns out I already had the option checked in the code patch, but it's shift rather than control. Derp.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Detect Key is a spell

hawkshaw is like $2 and prob worth using if you don't have some extreme loadout of rings and can find one.

Necroskowitz posted:

I must be a big ol' doofus

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I mean in general, I couldn't find that goddamn key either

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Imagine thinking Daedric isn't already an alphanumeral system and that Dunmer aren't hugely into numerology and deriving the number 3 from words.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

I mean in general, I couldn't find that goddamn key either

Yeah, sorry all. I didn't mean to accidentally create a bad pixel hunt puzzle. You shouldn't need to use detect key just to open your luggage.

I'm thinking of either placing the key on the bedroll, because the chance of someone having a camoflaging replacer on those is slimmer, or stuffing it in the chargen barrel. The former should be fine because that C&E Quarters overhaul only moves the bedroll slightly. The latter might require a merged objects patch because there's a few other mods that throw poo poo in the chargen barrel?

Which option sounds less fraught?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Consider making it bigly huge or changing the color to more silvery or something. Also I expected it to be directly in front of the chest for some reason instead of off to the side but that's not really a fix.

Is there a way to make the chest always be in the census building as well? then you could put it on the lid without worrying about the chest walking out from under it. I think having it on the lid would maybe be the best solution.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Why not just give you a key when you activate the chest

"A key was stuck in the lock. It glows with inordinate power"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Why not just give you a key when you activate the chest

lol yeah this is basically it.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is the key even needed?

chaosapiant fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 27, 2019

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Have it stuck in the bread next to the iron dagger

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

Is the key even needed?

Theoretically no, i havent checked the code but im going to guess its to filter dialogue (check item) which you COULD do by filtering for a global value set on activate.

What the key would be useful for are functions called by the player by 'equipping' the key. Idk if it has a 'summon to my feet' function but thats what it could be used for

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
put it in tarhiel's pocket

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Stuporstar posted:

Yeah, sorry all. I didn't mean to accidentally create a bad pixel hunt puzzle. You shouldn't need to use detect key just to open your luggage.

I'm thinking of either placing the key on the bedroll, because the chance of someone having a camoflaging replacer on those is slimmer, or stuffing it in the chargen barrel. The former should be fine because that C&E Quarters overhaul only moves the bedroll slightly. The latter might require a merged objects patch because there's a few other mods that throw poo poo in the chargen barrel?

Which option sounds less fraught?

Make it play the Nirnroot song.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

lol

chaosapiant posted:

Is the key even needed?

The key is only needed for some flavor dialogue, regarding needing the key in your inventory to have the chest teleported by a guild guide. That and I lock the chest every time you leave it, again just a silly realism detail.

I guess I could stick it on top of the chest, because I realized that yes indeed it'll always be teleported to the C&E office when you enter it. Wow sometimes I can be dumb

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
As long as you're tweaking it, the Caldera guild guide gets stuck in the dialog loop if you ask her to transport your chest.

Tangentially, why are all the guild guides women?

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Ok I fixed the missing Caldera Mages Guild teleport and moved the key on top of the chest. Here's the dl link again

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

hooah posted:

Tangentially, why are all the guild guides women?

they're all twins, like nurse joy

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Stuporstar posted:

Ok I fixed the missing Caldera Mages Guild teleport and moved the key on top of the chest. Here's the dl link again

Uhh, everything that was in my chest is gone now?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ooh

ooh

ooh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

hooah posted:

Uhh, everything that was in my chest is gone now?

Swapping mod versions without emptying the chest first might be a mistake? Load the previous version, load your save, empty the chest, save, load new mod version, load new save, refill chest.