Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=198yWXCd1ww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The rhythm boss in Sly 1 was fairly easy, that loving chicken whacking game though....

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I still remember playing the Madagascar (2006) game and having a super rough time with the Giraffe sections. And the Zookeeper sniper. And those rear end in a top hat turtles.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Zach from Zachtronics made some logic puzzles (similar to Picross or Sudoku) for his podcast which I wanted to mention knowing a few regulars here like me enjoy that junk. Here's an example video:
https://twitter.com/BookWyvern/status/1101150654611877888

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

PantsBandit posted:

I told myself I wasn't going to get sucked back into Stardew Valley, that didn't last long...

I spent all Spring giving flowers to Haley and her response when I asked her to join me at the Flower Dance?

"Ew. No."

:negative:

good, there’s still time to undo the damage and marry leah

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Zachtronics releases puzzles with their podcast? They have a podcast?? Thank you for the notification!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

oddium posted:

good, there’s still time to undo the damage and marry leah

I've never gone after Leah, last time I played I ended up marrying Emily expecting to get some context for her weirdness but no she's just really weird.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It still bums me out that there was a Sly 4, wasn't made by Sucker Punch and then they end it with a cliffhanger.

Also I very much love Sly 2 for this exchange.

https://youtu.be/7dAaQJM3XYA?t=89

and your suit sucks!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I gave Guacamelee 2 a second chance and I'm glad I did, the game gets way better after the first couple levels. It's not really hitting the same highs as the first though and I can already tell I am not going to have the patience for the megaplatforming for the optional ending this time around.

The art style, combat, and soundtrack are still top notch though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Something that made me laugh playing Stardew: There's this character, Shane, who's kind of a bastard. He doesn't like people, and he doesn't like the main character. If you try to talk to him while he walks around town he'll respond with "I don't know you, why are you talking to me?"

Well I was determined to befriend this guy this time around, so every night I meet up with him at the bar and buy him a beer. He loves it! We always have a great time at the bar.

Recently, his dialogue has changed to "I hardly know you, why are you talking to me?"

Progress!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/6969_6969696969/status/1100590281131343872

Bob Odenkirk on Twitch would own

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Mr. Game and Watch with Bob and David

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

PantsBandit posted:

Something that made me laugh playing Stardew: There's this character, Shane, who's kind of a bastard. He doesn't like people, and he doesn't like the main character. If you try to talk to him while he walks around town he'll respond with "I don't know you, why are you talking to me?"

Well I was determined to befriend this guy this time around, so every night I meet up with him at the bar and buy him a beer. He loves it! We always have a great time at the bar.

Recently, his dialogue has changed to "I hardly know you, why are you talking to me?"

Progress!

don't talk to my husband

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Over There posted:

don't talk to my husband

He sent me a recipe in the mail. You'd best get your house in order.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

PantsBandit posted:

very interested in how you feel about his friendship cutscene stuff when you get to them

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Barudak posted:

The Ratchet and Clank film bombing horribly killed it and now its to be released as an animated series but that news was like... 2 years ago?

that's good, because what they released of the sly movie made it look like one of the ugliest video game movies ever made

Shindragon posted:

It still bums me out that there was a Sly 4, wasn't made by Sucker Punch and then they end it with a cliffhanger.

Also I very much love Sly 2 for this exchange.

https://youtu.be/7dAaQJM3XYA?t=89

and your suit sucks!

the funniest thing about dimitri is that the developers seemed to realize he was a way more memorable and funny villain than almost anyone in sly 3 so they just brought him back as a side character

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
somebody decided this was the best possible look for a sly cooper movie

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

those things are going to murder me in my sleep

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Kinda feel conflicted but happy at the same time the movie bombed that it killed that SLY movie because holy poo poo did I not like the designs they went with for the movie.

I honestly don't remember 3 other than a villan from Sly1 was brought back into the team. I was like. oh. that's kinda cool.

Dimitri is just the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMaOPytadLU

Plus his theme is the best.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
well, sly 3 has an episode where bentley falls in love with a nerd girl who turns out to be masquerading as an ace pilot and tries to kill you on the wing of a plane with her bare hands and then she joins your gang and it never comes up again and she gets kidnapped by a pirate two episodes later

a lot of weird things happen in sly 3 but also dimitri and the panda king are there and they get some cool stuff

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I think I recall the plot was that someone is trying to crack the big vault with all the treasures the Cooper Family have hoarded.
Plus first time we see Bentley in a wheel chair after what happened in the 2nd game. Kinda digged the continuity and it's like yup, he can't walk anymore but he still can kick rear end in a wheelchair.

Also yeah I remember Penelope. Not sure what they did with her in the 4th one was that better. She backstabs Bentley, becomes a villan all cuz she wants to Bentely and her to do is make weapons and make money and said gently caress Sly Cooper.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 28, 2019

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The entire last area of Sly 1 is an utter fucker and the hatred I feel for this end boss is impossible to emphasise enough.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

The entire last area of Sly 1 is an utter fucker and the hatred I feel for this end boss is impossible to emphasise enough.

The cold heart of hate

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's an apt title

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Did anybody play Battlefield V?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Roth posted:

I've put around 20 hours into the MP. It's fun if you like Battlefield.

The single player isn't even worth talking about.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Roth posted:

I was actually talking to another goon about that recently. We were both way into BF4 but had fallen off the games since then.

For me, the things I liked about that series is the intersection of massive, bombastic action at a large scale with smaller squad-based tactics. I loved how the maps were big enough that vehicles played an integral role, even if it was just idling the engine of a jeep at the spawn point so you could ferry your team back to the front line.

Apparently with 5, vehicles are way more difficult to get and they removed the ping system. That along with the fact that I just don't find WW2 era weaponry that interesting means I just have no interest in the way that series is moving.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Colonel posted:

yeah the lives system in sly 1 is genuinely the worst thing about it and even more awful when you get a grasp of, how it functions, because it turns out the way it functions means you'll basically loving never get any if you're not literally always dying, which can also mean you'll almost never get lucky charms which is probably the much worse part

that said now that i'm like 2/3rds through the trilogy i think i'd put them at a tie with ratchet as my favorite of those ps2 mascot trilogies. sly isn't as satisfying to play as ratchet but it's got a lot of cool stuff about it anyway and the writing in the trilogy is cool enough and generally more consistent to me than ratchet or especially jak lol

actually the funniest thing to me is comparing it to jak, because while the jak games have way higher budgets it's clear that like. sly 2 knew how to write a story, and sly 3 sort of does too, while none of the jak games have even the slightest loving clue how to write a single consistent character

Now play the cashgrab fourth game, lemme know how that is

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

corn in the bible posted:

Now play the cashgrab fourth game, lemme know how that is

Every sly game is a cashgrab

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I have never even heard of Sly and it feels weird to have a bunch of people talking about a game series I didn't even know existed. Like most of the time people talk about something I'm not into I can go "oh yeah that thing was popular, makes sense so many people are talking about it" but it's very discomforting to suddenly find out about a thing that must have been popular but literally never made its way in front of my eyes

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Real hurthling! posted:

Every sly game is a cashgrab

you're a cashgrab :mad:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

cheetah7071 posted:

I have never even heard of Sly and it feels weird to have a bunch of people talking about a game series I didn't even know existed. Like most of the time people talk about something I'm not into I can go "oh yeah that thing was popular, makes sense so many people are talking about it" but it's very discomforting to suddenly find out about a thing that must have been popular but literally never made its way in front of my eyes

Sly's very sneaky

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played it either

I almost bought Sly 3 in a store but my sister said "what's that" and I said "sly 3: honor among thieves" and she laughed at me so I bought like Mario Tennis or something instead

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

psychoJ posted:

you're a cashgrab :mad:

i think you misunderstood the joke

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

as far as i know it's just one of the shitgazillion 3D platformers with a cartoon mascot that came out in the ps2+ console era that some people have fond memories of, nothing about the conversation being had in here screams that it was super popular even at the time

sort of like how every time darksiders comes up everyone chimes in with "oh yeah darksiders that was pretty good yeah i remember darksiders" and it's just kind of an ok, competent game with nothing outstanding behind it.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Cowcaster posted:

i think you misunderstood the joke

... yeah i did. i'm v tired today, my bad

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's because Sly Cooper is a thief and steals things like money

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

do we really want a thieving raccoon to be our children's role model

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I almost bought Sly 3 in a store but my sister said "what's that" and I said "sly 3: honor among thieves" and she laughed at me so I bought like Mario Tennis or something instead

Your sister did the right thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also I can't believe that there is more than one game that used "Among Thieves" as a subtitle