Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

TheScott2K posted:

I was surprised how bad Super Lucky's Tale was.

I've only played the original on Oculus Rift, but I can't imagine how it would be worth anyone's time without being in VR. poo poo like finding hidden items by actually moving around things to see from a different angle was cool as hell. Without that, it's just a milquetoast version of a genre that went stale decades ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fanatic posted:

Well a different leak from Taiwan says that the GWG games will be Cobalt (XB1), Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 (XB1), Star Wars: Republic Commando (OG Xbox), Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (360), lol.

Guess we'll find out.
https://twitter.com/xboxuk/status/1100787649025961984

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Republic Commando was one of my favorite Xbox 1 the first xbox games. That would be fun to have on XBox 1 the third xbox.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Does that mean Republic Commando will have an X enhancement?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Beastie posted:

Does that mean Republic Commando will have an X enhancement?

All OG XBox games runs at 4X their original resolution on regular XBones and 16X their original resolution on the X, so yeah.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i am down with continued free original xbox games, however i do wish they'd restore og xbox live functionality. i miss playing crimson skies online for entirely too long.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I had repub commando on pc where it was very good , is the console version as stripped down as some other og xbox ports were?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

I had repub commando on pc where it was very good , is the console version as stripped down as some other og xbox ports were?

I felt like it was built for Xbox, and the PC version always seemed like another bad console port at the height of bad console ports.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Finster Dexter posted:

I felt like it was built for Xbox, and the PC version always seemed like another bad console port at the height of bad console ports.

Weird.

Cause like elder scrolls, pirates!, and kotor on da big box loving blow rear end vs pc

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

Weird.

Cause like elder scrolls, pirates!, and kotor on da big box loving blow rear end vs pc

I think those games were def PC-first, though. The UI, etc. didn't seem at all like console port garbage. I dunno, it's been like... 15 years since I played this on xbox1 so maybe I'm remembering wrong.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
In the case of KOTOR at least Bioware went to the trouble of reworking the UI for PC. That was true up through Mass Effect.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I know the reception for Crackdown 3 has been awful, but I decided to swap EA Access (which, due to missing the renewal date I still have a year of) for Game Pass, is it still a waste of time for free?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Anime_Otaku posted:

I know the reception for Crackdown 3 has been awful, but I decided to swap EA Access (which, due to missing the renewal date I still have a year of) for Game Pass, is it still a waste of time for free?

The point of Gamepass is to try everything out that you wouldn't pay full price for so just download it.

Also the reception is bad because its like 6 hours long and not particularly innovative, not that it isn't fun for what it is. I enjoyed the heck out of it on Gamepass but if I had paid 60 bucks for it I'd have felt almost as much of an idiot as someone who bought Masters of Orion 3.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Anime_Otaku posted:

I couldn't get past the horribly implemented PS1 Era auto- targeting and was bored after one hour (1/6th of the game).

But it's free so you should definitely find out for yourself.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Barudak posted:

Masters of Orion 3.

Thanks for opening old wounds.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Anime_Otaku posted:

I'm having decent fun. It has some obvious flaws but for free it's good as a very brainless constant-doing things game. Like the person above said, if I paid $60 or even 20-30 for this I'd be kinda pissy but as part of the big gamepass blob it's good, like watching kinda garbage but fun anyway horror movies on Netflix that you'd never pay for but scratches a lot of itches.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Zachack posted:

I'm having decent fun. It has some obvious flaws but for free it's good as a very brainless constant-doing things game. Like the person above said, if I paid $60 or even 20-30 for this I'd be kinda pissy but as part of the big gamepass blob it's good, like watching kinda garbage but fun anyway horror movies on Netflix that you'd never pay for but scratches a lot of itches.

Do you want phone games? Because this is how you get phone games :mad:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Do you want phone games? Because this is how you get phone games :mad:

Pac Man 256 is one of the best games available to play on the Xbox One Home Gaming Console.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Zachack posted:

It's like that friend you had in high school who never changed. You run into him in 10 years, and he's still the exact same. At first it's kind of nice, because it reminds you of when you were younger and maybe happier. But after a short while it just becomes tired and over. Then you start thinking "Did I really enjoy this friend that much? He's the exact same, he just looks a little different". Then you start thinking about the fact that if you had gone with that other High School, you'd have lots of interesting, award winning friends that only went to that high school, instead of the weirdos you got who went to both schools, often times only coming to your school after everyone at their old schools considered them old and tired.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches
I've been having the most annoying issue with my xb1x for the past week. The hardware works fine, but anytime I try to watch Netflix or do anything else that requires internet it just tells me to gently caress off. Nextflix and other stuff worked fine before this. It also works fine on my other connected devices. I went through every menu and submenu and also spent an hour or two banging my head against the lovely automated help system. Anyone know how to contact an actual person or have any other suggestions?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Man, Celeste is hard as balls

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

I've been having the most annoying issue with my xb1x for the past week. The hardware works fine, but anytime I try to watch Netflix or do anything else that requires internet it just tells me to gently caress off. Nextflix and other stuff worked fine before this. It also works fine on my other connected devices. I went through every menu and submenu and also spent an hour or two banging my head against the lovely automated help system. Anyone know how to contact an actual person or have any other suggestions?

Is it giving the error “try again in a minute or so..” if so you should hard reset your router, and hard reset your Xbox by holding the front button down until it powers off. Restart both. Usually that clears what I only imagine is a cache or memory error and things should work again. If not that, you might try direct cat5 cable to your router instead of WiFi. I dunno, your post is asking for help but seems to be using colorful metaphors instead of any real descriptors that might allow us to figure out what problem you’re actually having. Seems like self-ownage almost akin to buying an Xbox in the first place.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Finished Halo 3 ODST recently and I'm now finally getting around to playing through the Gears of War series (currently on 2). Man, it's kinda nice to time travel back to 08-09. I think after Gears 3 I'll finally play Alan Wake after hearing so many good things about it.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Blind Rasputin posted:

Is it giving the error “try again in a minute or so..” if so you should hard reset your router, and hard reset your Xbox by holding the front button down until it powers off. Restart both. Usually that clears what I only imagine is a cache or memory error and things should work again. If not that, you might try direct cat5 cable to your router instead of WiFi. I dunno, your post is asking for help but seems to be using colorful metaphors instead of any real descriptors that might allow us to figure out what problem you’re actually having. Seems like self-ownage almost akin to buying an Xbox in the first place.

Your device may not be connected to the internet. Please make sure your connection is working. code: N4-1-19

I've tried hard reseting the modem and system. There's little else I could find from googling and contacting support. No way am I stringing more cables around my apartment.

It's weird because I've been using this a long time with no problem but suddenly it shits the bed over the last week or so.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

El_Elegante posted:

It's really good however. I pushed through levels I didn't think I would beat and got stuck at the very last level. I need to go back and finish it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

Your device may not be connected to the internet. Please make sure your connection is working. code: N4-1-19

I've tried hard reseting the modem and system. There's little else I could find from googling and contacting support. No way am I stringing more cables around my apartment.

It's weird because I've been using this a long time with no problem but suddenly it shits the bed over the last week or so.

A bit of a shot-in-the-dark guess but maybe someone moved into your apartment complex and has their own Wi-Fi equipment creating interference that's loving with the stability of your connection. Can you try changing your Wi-Fi channel and then flushing your XB1's Wi-Fi profile and reconnecting?

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

univbee posted:

A bit of a shot-in-the-dark guess but maybe someone moved into your apartment complex and has their own Wi-Fi equipment creating interference that's loving with the stability of your connection. Can you try changing your Wi-Fi channel and then flushing your XB1's Wi-Fi profile and reconnecting?

That's a distinct possibility. Anyway I fixed it after randomly loving around with every menu on my xbox. When in doubt, just gently caress until you either fix it or gently caress it up worse. That's my motto.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
women

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

BisterdDave posted:

Finished Halo 3 ODST recently and I'm now finally getting around to playing through the Gears of War series (currently on 2). Man, it's kinda nice to time travel back to 08-09. I think after Gears 3 I'll finally play Alan Wake after hearing so many good things about it.

What did you think of ODST? It's one of my faves of that generation, and I think it's really peak Bungie.

Alan Wake is a lot of fun, too, and it gets a lot of flak but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope you have fun with it!

I haven't played Quantum Break (is it on gamepass?) but from what I've read/heard it sounds like it didn't meet the full potential they were going for with their mix of story and unique game mechanics, which I felt Alan Wake did a decent enough job with.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

Im glad you got it fixed but this is the hardest error to KEEP fixed. The N error codes are your local ISP’s net neutrality rating, a new thing since about late 2016 and the trump reorganization of FCC regulations. This code is basically saying that your ISP is over-regulating what can and cannot pass over the pipes, and your net neutrality rating detected by the Xbox is only “1-19” on a scale that ranges from 1-100, which is horridly low. Are you experiencing slow speeds elsewhere too? Possibly when browsing these forums sometimes, or watching liberal content on CNN? Gamer products will not work without a net neutrality range of >50-100.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Motherfucker you had me going for a while

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

BisterdDave posted:

Yeah we didn't know it but that was kind of an end of an era where DLC was slightly less poo poo and there weren't lootboxes everywhere.

I dig BLOPS4 a lot but we spent the last of our gifted "real money" from the deluxe edition and got like 5 stickers lmfao. C'mon now.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Finster Dexter posted:

What did you think of ODST? It's one of my faves of that generation, and I think it's really peak Bungie.

Alan Wake is a lot of fun, too, and it gets a lot of flak but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope you have fun with it!

I haven't played Quantum Break (is it on gamepass?) but from what I've read/heard it sounds like it didn't meet the full potential they were going for with their mix of story and unique game mechanics, which I felt Alan Wake did a decent enough job with.

ODST was pretty good, definitely nice to come back to "good" Halo after playing 4 and 5. I really enjoyed the soundtrack and I was surprised but glad to see another Nathan Fillion appearance. So far my order of Halo games is:

2>Reach>3>ODST>1>4>5

This is based strictly off the campaigns since I've never really been a huge fan of Halo's multiplayer. Although playing online matches in MCC is fun every now and then.

Quantum Break was sort of meh for me, I only gave it a couple hours or so though. I felt like I got bombarded with different power's tutorials in a small amount of time and got confused pretty quickly. I do want to get back to it someday, maybe if Alan Wake really strikes well with me then I'll dive back into it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

BisterdDave posted:

This is based strictly off the campaigns since I've never really been a huge fan of Halo's multiplayer. Although playing online matches in MCC is fun every now and then.

The only difference is switching the positions of 2 and 3.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

BrownieVK posted:

It's really good however. I pushed through levels I didn't think I would beat and got stuck at the very last level. I need to go back and finish it.

Yeah, I’ve definitely made it farther than I thought I could. The text prompts before you activate Assist Mode were surprisingly effective in keeping me from turning it on (though I definitely turned it on to get through a particularly horrible B-side sequence)

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I never finished 360 ODST because it glitched out during my playthrough and somehow erased all my progress in the story mid-story. I had to redo missions if I wanted to continue; including the intro mission. :psyduck:

El_Elegante posted:

BrownieVK posted:

I could not get past the second (third?) chapter. I restarted with the assist mode on but I still couldn't bother with bashing my face at stupidly timed jumps.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
it takes like an hour to get through the odst campaign

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I never finished 360 ODST because it glitched out during my playthrough and somehow erased all my progress in the story mid-story. I had to redo missions if I wanted to continue; including the intro mission. :psyduck:

Yeah the campaign isn't very long at all, and if it's been awhile since you last played it might be enjoyable to replay and finish it.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Oh I plan to beat it. Eventually. Got a lot of games on my backlog and I'd kinda like to replay 3 first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Just beat Gears 2, pretty fun game. But man, some of those late game checkpoints were Halo 1 levels of "WHAT?!?! I have to do all that again?!?!"