Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

I think the Fit is a great DD, can't go wrong there.

that's a big part of why I sold mine, I had much more enjoyment driving the ZHP E46 i bought to replace it even though it was heavier and made something like 100whp less

I drove an R and bought a Cooper S. Almost half the power I think. Go figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

IOwnCalculus posted:

Also I'm pretty sure that hatch is almost as big as the CR-V's.

So far I've bought four bookcases off craigslist including a 72" tall 36" wide one and just chucked it in the back with the seats folded down. A pair of shorter ones I fit two at once stacked up. Love it.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I actually got around to washing mine now the weather is getting better.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I just picked up a 99 ranger about a month ago as a "Drive to home depot" vehicle, since my BRZ has gently caress all for storage space.

Here's my BRZ, looking gorgeous in much better weather.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 22, 2019

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

I drove an R and bought a Cooper S. Almost half the power I think. Go figure.

Doesn't help that I see about 9000 golf R's a day due to all the cheap lease deals on them. A mate has a R estate which is nice and yeah its fast but it all feels a bit sterile. I mean it's his daily, but for me I'd just get annoyed that I've got this nice fast car and I'm slogging up and down the M40 in rush hour traffic. Makes more sense to get something thats not too powerful and fun or just something boring imo.

For some content, also interior and a pic of my new seat.

Seeing as the weathers nice I might start looking for some TD's :mrgw:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Hmmm seems not very jdm op I thought you’d have a gradient bride that fits only men with a 23” waist

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

Hmmm seems not very jdm op I thought you’d have a gradient bride that fits only men with a 23” waist

The rail is bride at least! Also bride seats are like double the price, at least this one is way comfier than the sparco I had. I forget did you go with those french seats or we?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
How are you planning to run the belt

Your car is so clean, I love it

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

track day bro! posted:

The rail is bride at least! Also bride seats are like double the price, at least this one is way comfier than the sparco I had. I forget did you go with those french seats or we?

Yeah man they’re just rebranded sparcos for like half the price it’s insanely good

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Are you talking about the Arecas? Seem like a good deal. Murray Motorsport carries the Sparcos, but they don't come out quite as cheap

edit: I think I am spelling it wrong
edit2: Oreca

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 23, 2019

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Oreca is correct yeah. They absolutely oen

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

BlackMK4 posted:

How are you planning to run the belt

Your car is so clean, I love it

Oh yeah I hadn't done that in the pic yet, you run it through the hole on the side. This is the same way they did it with these seats on the Quatrro sport TT.

Also thanks, it's not as clean looking in person but then I'd feel bad using it like I do if it was a really clean example.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

How many pics is it okay to post the caffeine and machine bois are lovin it so I have ample pics

Fitment seems okay thank u

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Are those Michelin PS4s?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

track day bro! posted:

Are those Michelin PS4s?

Naw I’ve been using Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s on my cars on road for past few sets coz of price. I properly rate em.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

Naw I’ve been using Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3s on my cars on road for past few sets coz of price. I properly rate em.

Ah, fair enuff I was thinking of getting ps4's on my other wheels. Not sure I can get the goodyears in the right sizes, but I used to rate the way older versions of em the GSD3's.

I still don't get what that caffeine and machine thing is? Is it a place where you have a coffee and talk about cars?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's basically cars and coffee.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Yeah basically perpetual cars and coffee
Last night we played the simulator for a few hours and there was four performantes there
It’s just a cool pub aimed at car bois

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Bape Culture posted:

I wonder how an M3 would cope with the Potenza S001s that BMW uses these days. There’s one particular spot on my commute where I can consistently spin the rears. In a 320i. In the dry. On a hill. With traction control on. Using Eco-Pro mode.

Half tempted to go to a track and spend it going sideways and give the tyres a warriors death.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Lightbulb Out posted:

I am well aware, unfortunately.

Fortunately, though ...

I would just like to get something newer/safer/more comfortable to DD.

Go try a Giulia TI. The 8HP when used with the gigantic aluminum flappy paddles is perfect for the car, which is fun to drive in the same way an E30 or E36 is fun to drive.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
My gf bought a 2016 TTS today. It's a pretty great upgrade from her 2010 Genesis coupe.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

MetaJew posted:

My gf bought a 2016 TTS today. It's a pretty great upgrade from her 2010 Genesis coupe.

Hairdresser car confirmed.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

track day bro! posted:

Are those Michelin PS4s?

If u care, I have new PS4s on my ND Miata

compared to the potenza S01s that came with the car, they feel a bit more responsive, especially near nuetral steering inputs. Much better in the wet. Similar noise/ride comfort

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

willroc7 posted:

Hairdresser car confirmed.

I can't like a car that GIRLS like!!!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd drive the gently caress out of that.

Sign me up for a vagina I guess.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
thirding. want to drive that cooties car

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

The newer TT-RS models with some APR goodies are drat near the reincarnation of the group B quattros.

They are so good.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

McTinkerson posted:

The newer TT-RS models with some APR goodies are drat near the reincarnation of the group B quattros.

They are so good.

Only fucker in my run group at Lime Rock last year that I couldn't catch was in a TT-RS with the APR badge :argh:

I didn't ask her what bits were in there but that is a quick and cool car.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

:siren:New (old) Ride Alert:siren:

AI: It has been nearly two years since I have purchased a car. I changed that yesterday by picking up a 1999 Lexus LX 470. It was owned by a boomer aged guy that loved it dearly. Very clean. Has typical door dings and scratches and a few dents here and there which is perfect for what I plan on doing with it. It has 188K miles on the odometer currently. I parked it until I get the T belt and water pump replaced.

From the FS ad:

He didn't post any interior shots so I asked him to send me a few.

Home and parked for the time being!

Plans:
Aforementioned belt service. Remove the badges, sand, paint, reinstall
Fix a small bit of rust bubbling on the rear liftgate above the license plate trim (will require sanding/filler/paint)
Clean off whatever interior detailer he used because I don't like how it looks
Find a set of wheels from local classifieds that are not this horrible chrome, powdercoat and install BFG's or something else?
Remove the side steps
Delete the hydraulic suspension and get an Old Man Emu lift
Install rock slider/step bars
ARB front bumper. Possibly with a winch.
Drive the tits off of it around the offroad wonderland that is Utah and take the family camping.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Excellent choice, sir.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
It's crazy how people miss posting interior shots on their ads, especially on vehicles that are in as good condition inside as that LX is.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Very clean, looks like a good find.

What's a 20 year old lexus that isn't rusted out cost out there? I have no idea but I'd guess it could be anything up to 10k? Feel like it would retain value pretty well considering.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Suburban Dad posted:

Very clean, looks like a good find.

What's a 20 year old lexus that isn't rusted out cost out there? I have no idea but I'd guess it could be anything up to 10k? Feel like it would retain value pretty well considering.

Spot on. I got it for $9500. There are some that are cheaper, but not too much cheaper that can be found and not a single one are nearly this clean. Base MSRP back then on this thing was just shy of $60K which according to US Inflation calucator.com would be cresting a $90K price today. Truly insane. The other wild thing is that all things considered (like V8 German sedan ownership) stuff for this feels pretty inexpensive overall. Like the "in brand" lift kit and suspension is less than $900. A bitching bumper with a winch? $1500 (again, on brand), side step rails ~$700. For another $5-7K it will be totally transformed into a mall crawler ready for adventures for another 250K miles.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Somewhat Heroic posted:

AI: It has been nearly two years since I have purchased a car. I changed that yesterday by picking up a 1999 Lexus LX 470. It was owned by a boomer aged guy that loved it dearly. Very clean. Has typical door dings and scratches and a few dents here and there which is perfect for what I plan on doing with it. It has 188K miles on the odometer currently. I parked it until I get the T belt and water pump replaced.

From the FS ad:

Plans:
Fix a small bit of rust bubbling on the rear liftgate above the license plate trim (will require sanding/filler/paint)
Find a set of wheels from local classifieds that are not this horrible chrome, powdercoat and install BFG's or something else?
Remove the side steps
Drive the tits off of it around the offroad wonderland that is Utah and take the family camping.

Man that thing is in fantastic shape.

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

From the FS ad:

Plans:
Remove the side steps

What’s up LX470 buddy!

I’m jealous of your driver seat for sure! Mine is coming apart at the seams. If you haven’t checked / planned on checking it, absolutely have a look at the 3rd brake light on the hatch - mine is cracked, and the hatch rusted to poo poo. Was useful to beat up the owner over, but I was lucky to find a new hatch for only for $250.

I also found that despite a perfect service history, changing the fluids was very much necessary, especially the diffs and steering rack.

Other than that, enjoy. Mine did great off-road a few weeks back, second only to the Wranglers in the group. At the same time, it’s a super comfortable cruiser.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Sorry for the dirty pics but winter in PA is salt central. Wife picked out a CPO 2016 Colorado Z71 last week so we could take the FXT off daily duty.
Surprisingly fast and comfortable for a truck, and definitely more compliant ride than a Silverado. She initially considered the Diesel but there’s no real-world advantage for her over the gasser, especially with diesel being so much more expensive than regular around here ($.80/gal). Maybe not surprisingly it even outdoes the FXT in fuel economy by a fair shake.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Nice. V6 I assume?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Suburban Dad posted:

Nice. V6 I assume?

Yeah. Only alternative to the 4-pot Duramax. The diesel kills the V6 in torque but the added cost of diesel plus having to use DEF for a 3-4mpg gain wasn’t really worth it. It’s also 2.8 seconds slower to 60. Not that we are drag racing the truck but that’s a big difference for merging onto the highway.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 28, 2019

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

morothar posted:

What’s up LX470 buddy!

I’m jealous of your driver seat for sure! Mine is coming apart at the seams. If you haven’t checked / planned on checking it, absolutely have a look at the 3rd brake light on the hatch - mine is cracked, and the hatch rusted to poo poo. Was useful to beat up the owner over, but I was lucky to find a new hatch for only for $250.

I also found that despite a perfect service history, changing the fluids was very much necessary, especially the diffs and steering rack.

Other than that, enjoy. Mine did great off-road a few weeks back, second only to the Wranglers in the group. At the same time, it’s a super comfortable cruiser.

Dang, y'all got me thinking even more about getting one of those for daily driving and truck things. Not so much off-roading, though I'm sure there are spots around here, you'd have to go a ways outside of the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex to find them. Too bad the house needs a roof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

track day bro! posted:

Doesn't help that I see about 9000 golf R's a day due to all the cheap lease deals on them. A mate has a R estate which is nice and yeah its fast but it all feels a bit sterile. I mean it's his daily, but for me I'd just get annoyed that I've got this nice fast car and I'm slogging up and down the M40 in rush hour traffic. Makes more sense to get something thats not too powerful and fun or just something boring imo.

For some content, also interior and a pic of my new seat.

Seeing as the weathers nice I might start looking for some TD's :mrgw:

Not trying to offend in case it was you, but I'd take that shift knob and throw it into the nearest gutter.