Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Okay I haven't cleared it yet but the Shinjuku finale fight is loving incredible in concept. Ultimate Detective Gudao versus Moriarty Enigma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

summer 2017 is a moriarty showcase of amazing proportions, he and babbage become frankenstein's dads

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Gloomy Rube posted:

So what is Lobo and Moriarty like as servants? 'cause I know a lot of the time, the one you get is different in personality than the one in the singularity? Do we get goofy dad Moriarty? Does Lobo want a tummy rub??

Lobo is a good boy

He's also a good friend

But he does have his limits

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i never got why he was called hessian lobo until like two days ago when i listened to a podcast about the burton sleepy hollow and they namedropped that the headless horseman is named hessian

also the name reveal screens are real cool

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Evil Grandpa came home off one of my monthly summon tickets.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

dogsicle posted:

i never got why he was called hessian lobo until like two days ago when i listened to a podcast about the burton sleepy hollow and they namedropped that the headless horseman is named hessian

The headless horseman wasn't named hessian, but he was -a- hessian: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hessian_%28soldier%29

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

dogsicle posted:

For a second I thought there was a podcast that talked about one FGO character per episode and now I'm mad at its non-existence

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

Lobo is the best.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Piell posted:

For a second I thought there was a podcast that talked about one FGO character per episode and now I'm mad at its non-existence

be the change you want to see, chaldea master

for real though that would be cool, having historical dives on the different characters

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love the Headless Horseman being a part of Lobo because it's a duo man act of characters who actually can't talk so that makes for a lot of funny comics even if the game itself doesn't like trying to convey that so he's only been in two things.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

moriarty owns and it's almost all because of his VA

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah that's a big factor in reading shinjuku

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Aurora posted:

moriarty owns and it's almost all because of his VA

SUBARASHII

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I dumped all my tickets into it because I wanted the old man. This was a TERRIBLE DECISION WHY DID I DO THIS AAAA

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Which doesn't really much sense. The 5th Singularity had most of the US population killed off, including George Washington before he became President. Even if we changed history so that they were killed by a plague instead of marauding Celts, that would have a huge impact on history.

Literally everyone in Babylonia died, including Gilgamesh.

Captain Baal posted:

I love the Headless Horseman being a part of Lobo because it's a duo man act of characters who actually can't talk so that makes for a lot of funny comics even if the game itself doesn't like trying to convey that so he's only been in two things.

The Hessian doesn't have much personality or strong preferences, but he does like his dog. :3:

What a guy.

Gloomy Rube posted:

So what is Lobo and Moriarty like as servants? 'cause I know a lot of the time, the one you get is different in personality than the one in the singularity? Do we get goofy dad Moriarty? Does Lobo want a tummy rub??

Just from having Lobo on JP, the main difference is just not having the third phantom. Lobo starts off cautious about you, but comes to like Guda/ko as much as he likes anyone. Lobo's Valentine's day scene is very sweet.

The Hessian never interacts with you in your room, so no goofy pantomiming antics, sadly.

Crasical posted:

I dumped all my tickets into it because I wanted the old man. This was a TERRIBLE DECISION WHY DID I DO THIS AAAA

If it makes you feel better he's one of the worst archers of any rarity. :v:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 1, 2019

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Tarezax posted:

SUBARASHII

it's great because he plays exactly the same character on the last season of precure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt2sQiYqtb0

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Cuntellectual posted:

Well technically only the people killed by the Goddess alliance or the demonic beasts killed actually die. Anyone killed by Tiamat, the Lahmu’s, or the Mud get to have their deaths declared invalid by the cleanup force.

Exia fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 1, 2019

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Cuntellectual posted:

If it makes you feel better he's one of the worst archers of any rarity. :v:

Explain slowly why you thought this would make me feel better.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Cuntellectual posted:

That's not true, we saved 500 people.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I just learned that Chaldea was a country in Mesopotamia that briefly ruled Babylon.

The book that contained the first translation of the Enuma Elish was titled “The Chaldean Account of Genesis”

I guess the 7th Singularity was pretty predictable, huh?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
All the new month tickets got me was NP Berserkalot.

*sigh* I really want Moriarty.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm gathering more proof for my theory that whenever i want an SR i just end up rolling SSRs instead. i'm going to stop reading lobo fan comics now

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
After I fail to get Moriarty, I'm saving for Holmes.

I'll get one of these boys.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I got off rate up mordred rolling for Melt

I am done rolling for Melt

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

dogsicle posted:

i'm gathering more proof for my theory that whenever i want an SR i just end up rolling SSRs instead. i'm going to stop reading lobo fan comics now

Three banners in the last two months where I've rolled the SSR in my first 10, and *crickets* as far as the SR I actually wanted is concerned. Not sure how I feel about this bizarre monkey's paw. Anyway I'm part of the "rolled for doggo and got a suspicious crime grandpa instead" gang now :confuoot:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Piell posted:

the erik bloodaxe episode...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

SC Bracer posted:

Three banners in the last two months where I've rolled the SSR in my first 10, and *crickets* as far as the SR I actually wanted is concerned. Not sure how I feel about this bizarre monkey's paw. Anyway I'm part of the "rolled for doggo and got a suspicious crime grandpa instead" gang now :confuoot:

having to raise these large children and a useless grandpa is a burden, even if i do love them all

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
If grandpa won't farm his own mats grandpa won't get to eat

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

dogsicle posted:

Both times that I aimed for a 4 star, I got the 5 star first. I was a bit annoyed when they both showed up.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

the last time i really really wanted a 4 star was li shuwen, which is when i of course missed him and got sanzang instead

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
On her first banner, I chased Tomoe and got 2x Musashi before finally pulling Tomoe in the very last hours of the banner

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So am I to understand that even if I don't summon the Archer of Shinjuku, there will be future appearances of the dorky grandpa? Cause he's a fun character to interact with.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
He plays a major role in Summer 2 event and secondary roles in a few other events like Murder at the Kougetsukan.

And apparently he'll be important to this year's CBC, which has a story involved.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Crasical posted:

Now that we are in a post-Merlin world I've come to sort of not care about tickets (I had saved up a lot of tickets for that period), they are for "aw, gently caress it" attempts that I don't feel too bad about afterwards. The true despair now just comes from SQ.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

It doesn't matter if I manage to roll Melt or KP, I've already achieved my most important goal in SE.RA.PH.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

So am I to understand that even if I don't summon the Archer of Shinjuku, there will be future appearances of the dorky grandpa? Cause he's a fun character to interact with.

He shows up in GSSRs/Lucky Bag and singularity banners, but your best chance to try getting him again is a solo rateup during the next New Years.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Actually, he gets a solo rateup on a Shinjuku banner before Agartha's release, so that's your next chance.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

well I know what my next attempt will be then

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I think the Holmes banner and next old man banner are pretty close to each other? Can’t quite remember what month they’re both in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Moriarty was in June and the Shinjuku banner during anniversary with Holmes sharing a rateup was a month later. If you mess up next banner you have another chance a month later, but it's shared.