Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fayez Butts posted:

Brothers Brick is my favorite Lego blog, easily

lol look at the site you linked

Here's the real site https://www.brothers-brick.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I should have mentioned any with a focus on vintage reviews and stuff would be great too. Love reading about all the old sets I remember wanting from my childhood.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

I picked up the Architecture Statue of Liberty, and I can't recommend it enough.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_gAmxFEqFE

Lego posted a video about the Mustang. I feel like I'm gonna be driving around a bit tomorrow to see if I can get one.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Cojawfee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_gAmxFEqFE

Lego posted a video about the Mustang. I feel like I'm gonna be driving around a bit tomorrow to see if I can get one.

It's nice to see their prototype set. Look how much better the final set looks than the green proto. The door work especially.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

lol look at the site you linked

Here's the real site https://www.brothers-brick.com/

That doesn't look like a legitimate website to you?

Whoops

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Mustang has been up for 40 minutes and isn't sold out, so it might be easier to get.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well I just paid 20 dollars for a Zuckuss minifigure and another 15 for Cloud City Leia. I'm such a chump. Guess it's cheaper than diving into $470 worth of sets I don't want that badly. never thought I'd be the weirdo that over pays for minifigures though.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

veni veni veni posted:

Well I just paid 20 dollars for a Zuckuss minifigure and another 15 for Cloud City Leia. I'm such a chump. Guess it's cheaper than diving into $470 worth of sets I don't want that badly. never thought I'd be the weirdo that over pays for minifigures though.

Niche collectors of all stripes bemoan our frivolous purchases. Been stocking up on bumble bee girls which feels silly but somehow a little less silly than some of the other collecting I’ve done.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Red_Fred posted:

I should have mentioned any with a focus on vintage reviews and stuff would be great too. Love reading about all the old sets I remember wanting from my childhood.

I currently use http://brickset.com/ random set of the day for this. Yesterday was the smaller pirate ship I remember dreaming about while leafing through the lego catalogues. Today an old police station that's from before my time. Tomorrow might be Clickets though.
I love the site for this tiny feature. I'm very annoyed by the site's many adds though.
So I hope someone else has a better suggestion.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

How did you get Zuccuss? Via some factory theft?

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Yiggy posted:

Niche collectors of all stripes bemoan our frivolous purchases. Been stocking up on bumble bee girls which feels silly but somehow a little less silly than some of the other collecting I’ve done.

Why is the bee girl so popular? I've been browsing eBay recently and she seems to sell for £20 fairly frequently. I have one I might put up for sale. Especially as I was weak and splurged on the Dwarves Mine set last week.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I paid too much for the green Futuron fig in 60097 City Square and the green Classic Space figs in 211029 Exo Suit, but gently caress paying so much for the sets themselves when they don't appeal much to me in the first place.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cojawfee posted:

Mustang has been up for 40 minutes and isn't sold out, so it might be easier to get.

I was able to get it from the webstore this morning so either the demand isn’t there yet or they did a decent sized first production run.

Also the new Technic Corvette ZR1 earns double points right now for anyone who’s on the shelf about it might be a good time to pick it up.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The store did manage to time out when I submitted my order but it looks like it went through.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

mitochondritom posted:

How did you get Zuccuss? Via some factory theft?

eBay. No idea how people are getting them already

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I like this kākāpō idea:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2fb777d6-5c93-455a-974c-fee28963075c

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

mitochondritom posted:

Why is the bee girl so popular? I've been browsing eBay recently and she seems to sell for £20 fairly frequently. I have one I might put up for sale. Especially as I was weak and splurged on the Dwarves Mine set last week.

IIRC she was one per box or something

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Picked up the Mustang this morning, got a bonus bumper sticker and VIP Mustang keychain. :toot:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kefkafloyd posted:

Picked up the Mustang this morning, got a bonus bumper sticker and VIP Mustang keychain. :toot:

Got the keychain and a Unikitty poly bag with my online order.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also, I have a free shipping code that expires Sunday. I’m not going to use it. Whoever PMs me first can have it

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Gosh it's nice to pick up something at the LEGO store that actually fits in the bag for a change

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Our store just switched to reusable bags! Which is nice because the state recently voided our bag ordinance and a lot of places have switched back to giving out single use bags free.

Anyway yeah I got the Unikitty and the keychain. Seemed like there was plenty of stock on the Mustang although I didn’t ask. Just a couple other people in the store like 10 minutes after opening.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
There seemed to be a decent number on the shelf despite the clerk saying they had a couple people waiting at open to pick it up.

The Unikitty poly seems appropriate (she's in some blue roller coaster car), though this has to be the third Unikitty poly I've had thrown into a set purchase lately.

I'm not sure if the bumper sticker is supposed to be referencing some other design, but it looks like someone literally whipped it up in five minutes.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

mitochondritom posted:

My armchair bs reasoning is a mix of these things:
*Bees are iconic, and many AFOLs came out of their dark age after Cmf 10. As I’ve gone back to look for the ones I missed I definitely had bee girl at the top of my list. But like, all of the warrior ones, I don’t really care about and won’t hunt down. Bee has higher demand and several cmfs have almost none.
*The fairy wings are a rarer piece, particularly in trans-clear. They’ve shown up in the cmf series again as purple and pink but trans clear not really. To the point where I’m noticing a bunch of resellers are seeming to get away with buying the bee girl key chains to break up and part out and listing the wings as the money making part. It’s also in the Disney castle set?
*If you’re collecting minifigs you can stop at just one, if you want to MOC with the bee minifigs you sort of need more than one. You can use key chains and I have a few but something about the metal keychain post is unsatisfactory to me at least and I imagine other collectors in my position. I’ll probably use em but it’ll be in spots you can’t see the hole on top of the fig.

What bag is the unikitty bag? Is it the roller coaster car or something from Lm2?

Yiggy fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 1, 2019

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Roller coaster wagon, 30406

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Don't know if anyone cares, but Chicago Watertower lego store has the Parisian restaurant and GB HQ on the shelves. Also has the silent mary on sale for like 179.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There were a ton of mustangs at my local lego store.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

There were a ton of mustangs at my local lego store.

Oh yeah, also tons of those, they were building a second one with the alternate display when the lego employee tried to pick it up by the roof, it broke and fell onto the ground and there were pieces everywhere. So they got to start over.

It does look really good in person.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Scipiotik posted:

Don't know if anyone cares, but Chicago Watertower lego store has the Parisian restaurant and GB HQ on the shelves. Also has the silent mary on sale for like 179.

Is the Firehouse on its way out? I grabbed one on a crazy impulse a year or so ago and it's a great set; if you're lurking and thinking about buying it, you should grab it while you can.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Cockblocktopus posted:

Is the Firehouse on its way out? I grabbed one on a crazy impulse a year or so ago and it's a great set; if you're lurking and thinking about buying it, you should grab it while you can.

It's supposed to be retired, but looks like it's no where near sold out in the US.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Cockblocktopus posted:

The firehouse and Ninjago city+docks are among my favorite sets, even if you are not a Ghostbusters fan it's worth it. Fits in nice with my Creator Expert city sets.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The firehouse is a great set but an awful build. Just an absolute slog.

It looks so good when it is done, though.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

The Mustang was a fun build but god dang I had to do fix like 3 things I did backwards in the early stages.

Waltzing Along posted:

The firehouse is a great set but an awful build. Just an absolute slog.

It looks so good when it is done, though.

I thought they did a good job with the pacing. Just when I was getting sick of walls they toss in some mini builds.

Seriously my favorite playset (although I don’t have too many, mostly vehicles)

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Dogen posted:

The Mustang was a fun build but god dang I had to do fix like 3 things I did backwards in the early stages.
Yeah I thought maybe I was just tired but the instructions with the dark blue small pieces without a bright light on the book had me wondering if it would ever work. I plan on finishing tomorrow.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah I had to turn the overhead light on, the book light I normally use was not cutting it.

Haha did the Flinstones set come out yesterday? I did a cursory glance to see if there was anything else I wanted and didn’t see it (they had a stack of Mustangs by the register).

E: couple of leaked endgame sets- war machine hulk buster and new largeish quinjet

https://youtu.be/d3a7aXesCmY

E2: just saw the marvel bricktober sets are gonna be an in store promo starting March 8 for $75 and up purchases!

Dogen fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 2, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love reading Lego reviews on Amazon. It's like 60% multi paragraph turbo nerd reviews about model accuracy and build techniques, entirely interlaced with "Bought this for my 6 year old and he loves it! Up until now he didn't have any of his own Legos and just played with my 11 year olds Legos since he outgrew them" reviews.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone see the April calendar yet? Wondering if there are any giveaways that will be worth waiting for.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Don't think so. Annoyingly it only leaks a couple days early now since they stopped releasing it a month early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Took family to brickscascade. Some of the crazy large builds are fun to see in person. The only vendor with non crazy prices wouldn’t take cards and cell service couldn’t connect to lte of course. The Ninjago City on wheels and a sick giant fairground were my highlights. They had the afol designer finalists there. Hotshot and giant fire truck looked pretty great and the eight studs looks more interesting in person.