Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

PokeJoe posted:

it would look better in purple

ah poo poo yeah my mistake

i imagined him choosing the same paintings not because they matched the decor, but because he thought they looked cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

wesleywillis posted:

In fairness, I've showered with a :females: before and unless the sole purpose of that shower is sexy time, it really sucks showering with someone else.
You stand there all cold while they soap up,/shampoo or whatever, then you switch spots and they stand there and freeze etc. Then when one of you is done you get out and drip water on the floor instead of drying off in the tub/shower.

I shower w/ my gf every day, its fine. tbf the showerhead is on the ceiling so we can both stand under it more or less.

I sent her one photo with zero context and i got this as a response: "lol looks like a serial killer dungeon"

my bathroom is also gray tile and red towels, but it came furnished so w/e. also that bathroom is bigger than my entire flat

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Wait didn't he cut through the floor joists to recess the bath for the entire reason of having a 'waterfall bath' where the water would pour over the side.

So he ruined his floor and paid out thousands of dollars to fix something he ended up not using.

Lol.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

yessss

atomicthumbs posted:

i imagined him choosing the same paintings not because they matched the decor, but because he thought they looked cool
There you go, saints row bathroom is baller. Its salvageable, op. Go get some purple and gold paint

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

atomicthumbs posted:

Now do it with yellow rugs, green trim, blue wallpaper etc. I want to see what a Pride bathroom would look like.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rondette posted:

This is so funny to me as one of the houses we were looking to rent had a (admittedly less XXXTTREEEME) kitchen with a similar aesthetic.

While you're there can you head upstairs and take a picture of the toilet?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The only reason I can be sure that’s not Beatmaster’s kitchen is that it has British electrical sockets and Beatmaster’s are American.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

:eyepop:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah purple bathroom is way more baller

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

bEatmstrJ posted:

3. I'm not being weird about my toilet. YOU GUYS are being weird about my toilet. Its a loving toilet. In a tiny room. With some grey tile on the floor and unpainted walls. It's completely uninteresting.

sounds like he ran out of money to remodel the toilet then

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I bet he doesn't even have a toilet in that so called "poo poo closet" as he likes to call it.
Whenever he has :females: over, and they need to go to the can, he probably directs them in there and then when they say "hey wait a minute, theres no toilet in here" he's all like "yeah but look at the rest of my bathroom, aren't you so hot and wet over this because you have :females: things like a make up counter, and a chandelier and a tub with rocks and a shower with 1345 showerheads"?

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmfao

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Augus posted:

the ultimate weapon for attracting :females:

A bathroom to surpass Metal Gear

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

atomicthumbs posted:

You did these as a joke but they legitimately look a thousand times better than the actual bathroom.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:emptyquote:

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Nessus posted:

What's that mystery box over the oven, the replicator?

The I wanted a baller high end double wall oven but didn’t take the required space above and below into account so i made my countertop unusable rather than compromise my vision.

Truly a beatmasterj design.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hello! The bathroom has brought me here, like many before me.

I've shared it with friends, without context, and nobody liked it so far. Notably, I've sent my female designer friend the two unedited photos, again, without context, and she absolutely hated it. The bath rocks, the weird mould-magnet wall, weird surfaces... But more importantly, even with unedited photos, she swears it's a render, and a bad one at that. As I said, she's a designer (albeit not an interior one), and she's also into photography. Even after my explanation, she refuses to believe it's a real bathroom, and says angles in those photos are impossible. Either even 'unedited' photos were photoshopped into oblivion, or we are being had here.

E: what I'm saying is, OP post a video, or your bathroom didn't happen. And post your bloody toilet!

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 1, 2019

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The glass cutout from the bottom of the shower door looks custom, please make sure it is finished correctly (safely) by someone who actually knows more about glass cutting than you know about gravity and statics.

Have you considered the effects of settling on a cement pour for a shower base that long and wide that isn't directly on a foundation pad? Is your liner going to remain watertight when cracks start to appear, or is it going to perforate?

Why is there a chandelier two feet above whoever is doing hair and makeup? Point-source, refracted, harsh light makes hair and makeup extremely difficult.

Two separate showers isn't the worst idea, but pray you don't need to rip out the ceiling or wall to service those parts. Did you talk to anyone who installs and maintains multihead showers? They are often left tastefully exposed--and thus accessable--for a reason.

Is there an extractor fan in the shower/sauna that is not shown in pictures that will remove moisture, or are you going to have to leave the shower door open for hours each day and clean with a dilute bleach solution to handle mold?

Is the water pressure in your area low enough not to cause issues with your sinks? If so, is the water pressure sufficient for your showers?

Have you considered consulting a realtor? Are you aware that non-eccentric home buyers have resale in mind should they have a career or life change, and thus purposefully look for generic, classic features that are easy to sell?

Is that intentionally a one-person tub? Have you tried getting in and out with a slippery floor, slippery sides, no grips, and soapy water?

Do you have neighbors on that side of the house? Are you aware of any local or state statues on nudity on private premises in full view of the public? Was frosted glass not something you considered? Maybe you live in an alternative lifestyle community, honestly I'm not going to waste time figuring out who you are.

How certain are you that a door to the bedroom isn't necessary? Have you considered that many couples, whether any of your future cohabitants or any prospective home buyers, do not keep the same working hours?

Are you able to groom yourself with lights shining directly in your eyeballs anywhere you turn your head?

Furnishing in the bedroom: given your stellar history with understanding the purpose and design strength of construction materials, are you absolutely certain your wall-mounted cabinetry is installed correctly and on a wall whose studs can accept that load without warping, especially you eventually find a cohabitant?

What stable overclock are you able to hit with those accent tiles?

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Mar 1, 2019

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Rondette posted:

This is so funny to me as one of the houses we were looking to rent had a (admittedly less XXXTTREEEME) kitchen with a similar aesthetic.

Just the hint of white walls on either side make this more bearable, maybe even nice. Like as a feature section I'm sure some of the bathroom would be halfway decent (though still a bit eccentric) but it's the sheer balls out, ruin my poo poo, Black and Red all day e'ry day, no respite assault on the eyes that drives it into self parody.

This is the bathroom comedy writers give the main characters blind date as a hilarious red flag before said date enters in just a bathrobe and a glass of cheap wine.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Not gonna lie, wallpaper and bathtub aside the purple version is acceptable.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Potato Salad posted:

The glass cutout from the bottom of the shower door looks custom, please make sure it is finished correctly (safely) by someone who actually knows more about glass cutting than you know about gravity and statics.

This is a good point.

Laminate that bastard before it kills someone.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
wtf why not just build the bench to size, or cut the glass to size, so that it fits beside the bench. Why not any other option there??

It truly is an architectural Wheres Waldo

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Potato Salad posted:

Have you considered the effects of settling on a cement pour for a shower base that long and wide that isn't directly on a foundation pad? Is your liner going to remain watertight when cracks start to appear, or is it going to perforate?

Why is there a chandelier two feet above whoever is doing hair and makeup? Point-source, refracted, harsh light makes hair and makeup extremely difficult.

Two separate showers isn't the worst idea, but pray you don't need to rip out the ceiling or wall to service those parts. Did you talk to anyone who installs and maintains multihead showers? They are often left tastefully exposed--and thus accessable--for a reason.

Is there an extractor fan in the shower/sauna that is not shown in pictures that will remove moisture, or are you going to have to leave the shower door open for hours each day and clean with a dilute bleach solution to handle mold?

Is the water pressure in your area low enough not to cause issues with your sinks? If so, is the water pressure sufficient for your showers?

Have you considered consulting a realtor? Are you aware that non-eccentric home buyers have resale in mind should they have a career or life change, and thus purposefully look for generic, classic features that are easy to sell?

Is that intentionally a one-person tub? Have you tried getting in and out with a slippery floor, slippery sides, no grips, and soapy water?

Do you have neighbors on that side of the house? Are you aware of any local or state statues on nudity on private premises in full view of the public? Was frosted glass not something you considered? Maybe you live in an alternative lifestyle community, honestly I'm not going to waste time figuring out who you are.

How certain are you that a door to the bedroom isn't necessary? Have you considered that many couples, whether any of your future cohabitants or any prospective home buyers, do not keep the same working hours?

Are you able to groom yourself with lights shining directly in your eyeballs anywhere you turn your head?

Furnishing in the bedroom: given your stellar history with understanding the purpose and design strength of construction materials, are you absolutely certain your wall-mounted cabinetry is installed correctly and on a wall whose studs can accept that load without warping, especially you eventually find a cohabitant?

What stable overclock are you able to hit with those accent tiles?
agreed inquiring minds must know if you thought about this more than the visual onslaught

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

beyond the bathroom lacking a door and the windows is there any ventilation in that bathroom at all? i'm not seeing it, and you've gone out of your way to make it easy to create and trap moisture

what's the panel just above the lightswitch to the left of the shower? is it normal for american houses to not have any frosted glass on the bathroom windows?

what's the reason for the glass shower door not having gaps against the glass panel? are you trying to seal it to make it look like a sauna?

how many contractors did you go through during this process? how many of them mentioned the lack of maintenance hatches in the design phase for future repairs?

what's the heating system situation for handling the 5 showerheads, 2 sinks and bath?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I don't think that anyone has mentioned the Yeti-skin rug, it really ties the place together.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

You did these as a joke but they legitimately look a thousand times better than the actual bathroom.

Labes for days posted:

Not gonna lie, wallpaper and bathtub aside the purple version is acceptable.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I don't think that anyone has mentioned the Yeti-skin rug, it really ties the place together.

That’s where you get the fur to craft a moustache to impersonate Detective Mosley.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 1, 2019

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

Saints Flow.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Prince purple is even more eye-searing than the red, I have no idea how anyone finds that more acceptable over the original. It's just as bad.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Because at least it looks like something Prince might have had in a guest house bathroom. My brain can immediately create an excuse for its existence. There is no excuse to be had for the red

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I still can't get over that you can't predict where tiles end up going.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

This is one of those days I wish I had off work so that I could see if I could come up with an even worse color. I'm thinking like a neon/radioactive green is probably the worst possible color.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

waah posted:

This is one of those days I wish I had off work so that I could see if I could come up with an even worse color. I'm thinking like a neon/radioactive green is probably the worst possible color.

Piss yellow would be worst I think.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

bradzilla posted:

The Prince purple is even more eye-searing than the red, I have no idea how anyone finds that more acceptable over the original. It's just as bad.

Turn down the saturation and you they might be onto something. Plus, even though it's Soul Plane as gently caress, it's not oddly aggressive like the red. It looks like Snoop Dogg in his pimp phase designed it, not a committee trying to appeal to the mid 90's 12-16 white male market.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Could someone show me what it looks like if I'm colorblind and don't have glasses on?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

waah posted:

What color scheme would make it all tolerable?

Perhaps, like, a really dark green? british racing green, if you want to keep the GO FAST aesthetic?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Popo posted:

Turn down the saturation and they might be onto something. Plus, even though it's Soul Plane as gently caress, it's not oddly aggressive like the red. It looks like Snoop Dogg in his pimp phase designed it, not a committee trying to appeal to the mid 90's 12-16 white male market.

I'm at work so these are really quick and dirty. Turned down the saturation, adjusted shadows/highlights, applied filter to mimic a more natural light. Suddenly, it's Prince's guest bathroom (as the goon upthread suggested).

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I'm at work so these are really quick and dirty. Turned down the saturation, adjusted shadows/highlights, applied filter to mimic a more natural light. Suddenly, it's Prince's guest bathroom (as the goon upthread suggested).

Ok now that's approaching acceptable. But it's still the beatmstrj bathroom.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i went home to use this cat's bathroom and.... he had the same bathroom they had at the club

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
The bathroom really needs a condoms and tampons vending machine attached to the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
This thread is Overton.txt. BeatmstrJ's bathroom was so bad that now the almost equally ghastly purple version has become "acceptable".