Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
If we're doing Pokemon memes have this:

https://twitter.com/ookiimarukochan/status/1100783144704323584

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Tesseraction posted:

hire jose to kill their dog

what the gently caress i'm not killing a dog

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

That is by far and away one of the worst twitter handles I have ever seen.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Was breaking and entering into a house and saw a brexiteer slumped infront of a tv, the static picture of Jacob Rees Moggs playing ad infinitum on it as the music that you hear when you phone the dwp and are on hold played, he appeared to be worshipping the image and began to genuflect and spasm in time with the music, i managed to chore a fork or two before i got out, unnoticed

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
take your pills

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ash Crimson posted:

the music that you hear when you phone the dwp and are on hold played
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USUbl1EIzPE

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

even better, take someone else's

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Honestly ten hours of assorted death metal screams would be less emotionally scarring.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
https://twitter.com/quantick/status/1101233857544814593?s=19

Corbyn will never win if he doesn't appeal to this core demographic of Middle England.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Alan BStard posted:

Corbyn will never win if he doesn't appeal to this core demographic of Middle England.

If you want to tell the westminster elite somethign I'm sure there's a mirror in your bathroom Nige, but I wouldn't blame you for not looking in it.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Imagine my shock ...

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Alan BStard posted:

its almost as if brexit is the brainchild of the demented elements of the english psyche

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

jabby posted:

May's deal being put to the people and rejected could potentially be a massive win for Labour, since it leaves the Tories with all the blame for Brexit being cancelled because they couldn't negotiate a decent deal. So it makes sense for them to back the Kyle amendment. The biggest risk is if the public actually back May's deal then Labour will get the fallout for facilitating Brexit. High risk, high reward.

I think the blame then goes to the public at that point LOL

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

what the gently caress i'm not killing a dog

you're going to kill the dog

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Alan BStard posted:

Didn't that dickbag move to France or Belgium or some poo poo ?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
He's loaded he lives anywhere he wants.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Farage was the 6th highest paid MEP.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

And SSM in NI could be supported through the courts instead. Simples.

Considered established ECHR case law on same sex marriage as a rights issue the legal avenue isn't entirely considered too great by local activists - it's all about political pressure.

Regarding the Lords ammendment that's been floated what it aims to do is force the NI secretary to use a statutory instrument to change the law if there still isn't an executive within 6 months time. Whether you need the DUP to wreck it isn't clear, that doesn't gel with the government's established thinking on devolution and exercising the power to legislate without consent because you feel like it (though perfectly legal) opens constitutional worm cans - which is one of the reasons the SSM debate has somewhat died down at westminister.

For example abortion reformer campaigners have increasingly pushed for a change to the underpinning national criminal laws to evade pushing something that will require NI specific legislation within westminister, a broadside move aimed to sidestep the inverse West Lothian question

kustomkarkommando fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 1, 2019

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

happyhippy posted:

Farage was the 6th highest paid MEP.

and he's gonna get his €70k a year pension for life LOL

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Is that the guy from Bottom? Eddie?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Hey I started listening to We Don't Talk About The Weather and it's very good, thanks UKMT!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Conservatives: Literally gently caress everyone else.

Lib dem: yes sir thankyou sir

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Wait... Is this a stealth Harry Potter house sorting thing?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

kustomkarkommando posted:

Considered established ECHR case law on same sex marriage as a rights issue the legal avenue isn't entirely considered too great by local activists - it's all about political pressure.

Regarding the Lords ammendment that's been floated what it aims to do is force the NI secretary to use a statutory instrument to change the law if there still isn't an executive within 6 months time. Whether you need the DUP to wreck it isn't clear, that doesn't gel with the government's established thinking on devolution and exercising the power to legislate without consent because you feel like it (though perfectly legal) opens constitutional worm cans - which is one of the reasons the SSM debate has somewhat died down at westminister.

For example abortion reformer campaigners have increasingly pushed for a change to the underpinning national criminal laws to evade pushing something that will require NI specific legislation within westminister, a broadside move aimed to sidestep the inverse West Lothian question
Yeah, it's unknown why he decided to add a NI specific SSM amendment to the bill, but it's only going to make it less likely to pass, whether that's the DUP personally nixing it or them leaning on the Tories or others against legislating without consent to vote it down.

But the bill as already written unamended would extend mixed sex civil partnerships to NI, which would mean that the Supreme Court's established fairness precedent (one group can't have more options than another) would come into play, which would mean local NI SSM advocates would have a clear path to get marriage equality.

It's got much better optics than "force SSM on NI".

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Bobby Deluxe posted:

First reaction: "oh cool everyone thinks family is the most important, tribalism wins forever I guess :smith:"

Second thought: anyone else remember some time travel story where a guy goes to the future and is baffled by the way they call everyone brother/sister and act like it's literally true? Was that Vonnegut?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

UnquietDream posted:

Wait... Is this a stealth Harry Potter house sorting thing?

read another book

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Renaissance Robot posted:

First reaction: "oh cool everyone thinks family is the most important, tribalism wins forever I guess :smith:"

Second thought: anyone else remember some time travel story where a guy goes to the future and is baffled by the way they call everyone brother/sister and act like it's literally true? Was that Vonnegut?
First reaction: "lmao the lib dems being the only ones bootlicking"

Second thought: "lmao the lib dems"

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Why’s SNP in the key but not any of the results?

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another

Gort posted:

read another book

Was more referring to the whole 'be brave' thing as a defining characteristic and playing off that whole weird obsession thing. Currently reading 'The Black Jacobins' and it's pretty good and/or horrifying.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

JFairfax posted:

and he's gonna get his €70k a year pension for life LOL

surely no deal would end this

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Cerv posted:

Why’s SNP in the key but not any of the results?

Presumably it was an option for affiliation that no-one actually picked.

I'm assumign this has a very small sample size tbh, given that one which clearly only a single lib dem respondent picked.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Jose posted:

surely no deal would end this

Remember the divorce bill?

Big part of that was pensions.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

UnquietDream posted:

Was more referring to the whole 'be brave' thing as a defining characteristic and playing off that whole weird obsession thing. Currently reading 'The Black Jacobins' and it's pretty good and/or horrifying.

That might actually be the only universal moral principle in the lot, because there's definitely various philosophies arguing hard against all the others but I can't think of any culture that says "actually cowardice is good"

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

ReidRansom posted:

Didn't that dickbag move to France or Belgium or some poo poo ?

He fetched German passports for his family.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

First reaction: "lmao the lib dems being the only ones bootlicking"

Second thought: "lmao the lib dems"

lol same. Being the only ones to pick 'defer to superiors' is the most lib dem thing possible.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

This whole Brexit schmozle feels like that steamroller scene in Austen Powers.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/01/stop-brexit-labour-mps-leave-voters-referendum

if you want to see some prime fubpee check the comments on this sane piece on the fact that corbyn backing a referendum doesn't change the arithmatic

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

every fucker in the country is emailing me between four and five on a friday afternoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
This happens to me every friday too.