Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

im so happy its back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I checked out a shounen romance manga I'd never read before on a whim, Pashiri na Boku to Koisuru Banchou-san and in a shocking twist it's... Really good???

Like probably the best shounen romance I've read other than 5toubun.

The main character actually realizes the female lead is into him by around the 10th chapter (though he does regress a bit when he realizes he loves her too, because he lacks self-confidence).

The supporting characters are pretty great, too. It's just good.

Snooze Cruise posted:

im so happy its back

I'm so happy it's back too, I was sure it was dropped. :woop:

chumbler posted:

Maybe you're right, but after the chapter that literally just dropped I'm less sure.

There was a 50-50 chance of Nozomi kissing Shino there, yeah. :v:

It's still hard to tell how it'll end up!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

There was a 50-50 chance of Nozomi kissing Shino there, yeah. :v:

It's still hard to tell how it'll end up!

Whoops that was entirely the wrong link, but you know what I'll leave it, because it still makes me laugh despite knowing nothing about wrestling.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC148zG9Z-sBTFPmDre_BRZQ?live

Makoto Hagino's started livestreaming herself working on Nettaigyo lately. Obviously most of us won't be able to participate in the Q&A in the chat, but seeing the manga being worked on is kinda neat IMO.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
March Lion's scanlators seem to be going chapter-by-chapter recently rather than waiting for the entire volume to come out, and the latest chapter is A Lot.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

chumbler posted:

Whoops that was entirely the wrong link, but you know what I'll leave it, because it still makes me laugh despite knowing nothing about wrestling.

I legitimately was wondering about what the link was supposed to mean as I lay in bed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fahljd_0xjA

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch38

After seven long years...

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Yup, following Himawari-san is a special kind of suffering - and it gets even worse when you realize that the scanlation is only on volyme 5, volume 9 was released almost a year ago, and the mangaka has apparently finished working on volume 10, and it should be out next month according to an announcement made on her website today.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 28, 2019

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

7c Nickel posted:

Well, it doesn't matter. Everyone is going to switch over to giant hard plastic encased discs in a few years.

Anime told me so!

Those existed. You used them for Macs.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Also: Beard Gorilla is also back, looks like they're gonna drop all of the latest volume's chapters 1/day over the next few days. It's romance, it counts

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Wait, hold up! Am I understanding this right and Himawari-san is ending at volume 10?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Appears to be the case.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :(

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
grats to the author and hopefully we can read the other six volumes soon

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

On the one hand, I'm happy that there's at least an end in sight, as long as it wasn't a question of the series getting the axe.
On the other hand, with the tectonic pace of the scanlation group, there's simply no telling when we'll get to actually read it without learning Japanese.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Mors Rattus posted:

These things.

It's a CD-ROM caddy and I have no idea why Mac CD drives used them.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

These things.

It's a CD-ROM caddy and I have no idea why Mac CD drives used them.
I low-key hate myself for knowing this, but it dates back to the Capacitance Electronic Disc format, a phonograph-like vinyl disc which used them to prevent damage to the reader.
Apple apparently thought their very early CD drives so sensitive that they bet on them needing them too? That's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with, except for the fact that the CEDs used a stylus in a groove whereas CDs (like CEDs contemporary competitor, LaserDisc) used optics. :iiam:

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 28, 2019

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Mors Rattus posted:

I'd always assumed they just went

mini-discs are super new and futuristic

In the future there will be even more data

Therefor giant rear end minidiscs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I remember a mock up of the SNES CD when people thought that was still going to be a thing using those encased CDs

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/6th_manager0211/status/1094881364086644736

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I'm the smoked pork tongue replacing #1

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Predictions are hard, especially about the future.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Does anybody know what happened to Royal? His blogspot got removed and I need to now what this means for the future of Love Lab

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm sad there was no Konatsu in this chapter :smith:

Kaede is very good, though. Curious to see where Nettaigyo goes next, feels like it's moving in a bit of a different direction than the first few volumes.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
new yona chapter guys

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Aro best friend (helps) save the day!

What a good manga. Gonna be excited to see how they structure they next volume.

Also some discord friends shared this link with me: https://macadate.wordpress.com/2019/02/27/bloom-into-you-talk-event-beyond-the-last-stop-report/

Rough TL of a recent talk event held with Nakatani, her editor Kusunoki, the anime's director and character designer, and some senior staff. Some good stuff in there IMO.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 1, 2019

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
New Love Me For What I Am and, well, poo poo. :smith:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Called it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

;_;

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Onean posted:

Not fair, dammit. Not fair. :cry:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm tired

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Onean posted:

Feels bad man. :smith:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

DisDisDis posted:

new yona chapter guys

Where?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Onean posted:

I just kinda read all 10 chapters and drat...poor koto.

Not sure why I put off starting this since I knew about it around the time chapters 1-3 were put up. Definitely enjoying it.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

That's from Karura.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Brainamp posted:

That's from Karura.

:yikes:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shockingly, dynasty scans, the site that had to be dragged kicking and screaming into not tagging trans manga as 'trap' or 'futanari', has weird tags

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Isn't it the contents of the manga, rather than Dynasty-Scans tagging? I mean I adore some of Miras works, when she tells stories of adult life - but those tags makes me go Big Yike.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean, there's a difference between a scene where an underage character has sex, and tagging that 'lolicon,' is my point. The former may or may not be depicted in a way that's hosed up, and that hosed upness may or may not be the intentional effect, the latter is just tacky. Dynasty-Scans just tags everything like it's a hentai site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Endorph posted:

I mean, there's a difference between a scene where an underage character has sex, and tagging that 'lolicon,' is my point. The former may or may not be depicted in a way that's hosed up, and that hosed upness may or may not be the intentional effect, the latter is just tacky. Dynasty-Scans just tags everything like it's a hentai site.
Yeah, that's true - but how am I gonna judge a book by its cover if I read part of it? :v: Still, I'm just not gonna touch it unless someone I trust tells me it's not as bad as I think it is.
The userscript sites (which supply the Manga Reader userscript which lets you just infinitely scroll on any page, instead of having to deal with a million different kinds of pagination) categorize Dynasty-Scans the same way - I'm pretty sure it's because it has mixed +18 and all-ages content, so it's better to have it categorized as one or the other.