Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Kuno posted:

The thing that confused me was how Bruno ended up being able to escape into the ceiling. Did he... jump? Also is he a zombie now?

Bruno unzipped his hand and grabbed the ceiling with it, and then used it like a grappling hook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Sockser posted:

Bruno unzipped his hand and grabbed the ceiling with it, and then used it like a grappling hook

Sticky Fingers is great.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I think Buca di Beppo's actions in this episode are like, prime Jojo injury poo poo. Holding a woman in one arm on the side where you've been cleaved through the shoulder down below the ribs. Like his entire side should be falling off, and he's walkin' it off. That's the power of a true capo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
bruno probably could have zipped himself back up but i understand he was a bit distracted atm

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do find it interesting that Bruno has more of a standard main character Stand then Giorno, a big, fast short-ranged bruiser with a simple but extremely versatile utility power.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice

cried when fly happened
cried when he back
cried when boy swim

i cant with this show

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
yeah jojo's doesn't often get me on an emotional level other than humor but this episode was a real standout

narancia's a good kid

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Darth Walrus posted:

I do find it interesting that Bruno has more of a standard main character Stand then Giorno, a big, fast short-ranged bruiser with a simple but extremely versatile utility power.

araki likes to play around with what we expect as he goes further into the series. even josuke himself was a turn from jotaro in that he had wildly visible mood swings and his stand's 'main' purpose was to heal people

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Is bruno a zombie or something now?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Bruno is a loving badass and at first, I was saddened knowing that Noriaki Sugiyama wouldn't be voicing him for the anime like he did for the CC2 games, but drat has Yuuichi Nakamura being an absolutely amazing choice for the anime. Well, in general every VA choice has been fairly great, though I don't think anything beats Okamoto as Ghiaccio so far.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Joestar posted:

araki likes to play around with what we expect as he goes further into the series. even josuke himself was a turn from jotaro in that he had wildly visible mood swings and his stand's 'main' purpose was to heal people
To be fair, Josuke's mood swings are probably from being nurtured by the very silly Higashikatas he has for a mom and grampa.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

tweet my meat posted:

what i'm going to say on the matter is that the show made a point to note that something is weird with him but anyone who has the bright idea to try and elaborate on the matter is probably going to, again, rapidly be getting into the territory of saying dumb poo poo that they shouldn't be even if it's barely even related

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Wark Say posted:

Bruno is a loving badass and at first, I was saddened knowing that Noriaki Sugiyama wouldn't be voicing him for the anime like he did for the CC2 games, but drat has Yuuichi Nakamura being an absolutely amazing choice for the anime. Well, in general every VA choice has been fairly great, though I don't think anything beats Okamoto as Ghiaccio so far.

I don't think it's possible to have a more fitting voice for him than Bakugo.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Kuno posted:

Yeah, as someone who has only seen the anime King Crimson seems to make just as much sense as anything else in JoJo? Hell I'd say he makes more sense than Giorno's stand.

The thing that confused me was how Bruno ended up being able to escape into the ceiling. Did he... jump? Also is he a zombie now?

It's much more confusing to follow along when you are looking at panels in a comic book rather than an animation. Also, there's stuff that happens in the future that seems to contradict the rules of it but that happens a lot.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Bruno zipped his soul back into his dead body.

Or the Bruno we know is still dead, but Giorno's stand ability created another version of him with all his memory's and stand ability like he did with the turtle without Giorno knowing.

The fly is a stand user with a power even more powerful than Josuke's healing abilities :v:

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 1, 2019

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I'm assuming that Gold Experience got another new ability and he managed to Pet Sematary Bruno's body

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I like the visual and sound cues they chose for king crimsons ability. Adds to the whole "editing time" aspect of his stand.

tweet my meat posted:

A friend asked me this question and I told them to think for a second about what some of the stands in this part can do.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

King Crimson's extremely sassy poses with his eternally pissed off face really gets to me.

His ability is a lot easier to understand in motion. It doesn't help that Araki makes it as abstract as possible in the manga.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

I love Bruno so much he's my favorite character in the whole series now and I was really upset when he seemingly died. I'm still worried about him because there's something obviously wrong with his body but at least his resolve remains intact.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 2, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

No, he's Italian.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
No, he's jellyfish.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Marx Headroom posted:

Ah okay. So he like takes himself out of the timeline for up to 10 seconds and gets to choose where he re-enters?

Not really. The key phrase is "all that remains in this world are the results." Nothing that happens during the erased time actually matters, which is why the boss doesn't just hit people like Dio did during stopped time. Since everything else is stuck on course, for everything but the boss this is the equivalent of just skipping ahead to the results. The boss isn't stuck with what was supposed to happen so he's kinda exempt from it.

At least I'm pretty sure. It's a weird power.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 2, 2019

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

They way King Crimson works is so simple to understand he just-

And that's all there is to it. Simple right?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjuWiCfXI2o

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Everyone's so concerned with understanding King Crimson that they missed Giorno's latest bullshit of implanting turtle cells in his brooch, and creating a clone of the turtle that had the same stand.

Scher
Sep 15, 2011

~Solar Sect of Mystic Wisdom~

suicide4sexbots posted:

cried when fly happened
cried when he back
cried when boy swim

i cant with this show

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

yeah jojo's doesn't often get me on an emotional level other than humor but this episode was a real standout

narancia's a good kid

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Gruckles posted:

Everyone's so concerned with understanding King Crimson that they missed Giorno's latest bullshit of implanting turtle cells in his brooch, and creating a clone of the turtle that had the same stand.

to be fair there were literally two rats with the same exact stand in part 4

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Everyone's so concerned with understanding how King Crimson works we're neglecting the real most important part of this episode, Narancia hogging all the chocolate.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
so what would happen if king crimson and the world activated their abilities at the same time

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

OnimaruXLR posted:

so what would happen if king crimson and the world activated their abilities at the same time

Well obviously King Crimson can’t activate after The World but if the World activated during the skipped time then uhhhhhh...Maybe the boss would be able to move until the end of the skipped time but then he’d get frozen for the remaining time left in the time stop?

Basically whoever activates their stand first wins.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Sorry to add more dumb King Crimson poo poo, but, like, the gang all also skipped, right? So does that mean everyone on the planet also skips forward too? Is it just an area of skipping that included the whole island?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Sorry to add more dumb King Crimson poo poo, but, like, the gang all also skipped, right? So does that mean everyone on the planet also skips forward too? Is it just an area of skipping that included the whole island?

There would be some issues if it was the whole world so it’s probably just an arbitrarily long range.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

RatHat posted:

There would be some issues if it was the whole world so it’s probably just an arbitrarily long range.

I imagine it to taper off at a certain distance, yeah. To someone, say, watching a video of someone in the zone, the person would appear to continue what they were doing, but then suddenly have no memory of the past X seconds.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I dont like whatever that forshadowing was with the no blood and all. You cant just kill him, unkill him, and then hint that somethings way wrong with him like that. :mad:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

TGLT posted:

Everyone's so concerned with understanding how King Crimson works we're neglecting the real most important part of this episode, Narancia hogging all the chocolate.

he bought it with his own money

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

sirtommygunn posted:

His power is being able to activate that scenario where you walk into a room and don't remember why at will.

Dio walking past Jotaro except it's the Boss walking past the guy whose Stand makes you forget where you left your keys

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
https://img.fireden.net/a/image/1541/22/1541220391585.png

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Bruno Buccellati is the John Wick of JoJo.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Johnny Joestar posted:

to be fair there were literally two rats with the same exact stand in part 4

I like to think that since stands are the manifestation of someones psyche then all animals of the same species have the same stand since they mostly operate off of the same impulses and dont have much of a psyche to speak of.

Well maybe the orangutan, Iggy and Petshop all come from species that are intelligent enough to have different kinds of stands, but weve never seen any other orangutans, dogs or eagles with a stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

he bought it with his own money

A true gang-star understands that sharing is caring.