Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I'd considered asking this earlier, but these posts mean now I really do have to ask you all to post pics of your bathrooms.

Edit: See what I love about this thread is that I’d never be creepy enough to sincerely ask for freaking bathroom photos on an Internet forum , and you understand that, and the responses we get are even better for it.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Discendo Vox posted:

I'd considered asking this earlier, but these posts mean now I really do have to ask you all to post pics of your bathrooms.

My house was built on or before 1900 and remodeled / subdivided by a series of drunken idiots. One bathroom is on what was originally a wooden porch and another on what was originally a concrete patio.

...I’ll see what I can do when the guests leave.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I live in a small rear end house built as base housing for an air base in the 50s. The bathroom leaves much to be desired.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

Not until I replace all the gold accents that I've been meaning to get around to since we bought the place.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

And don't give me crap about the curtain. It's been replaced.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Discendo Vox posted:

I sleep in my office and shower at the gym

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Discendo Vox posted:

wish I could but yr mum won't let me take any pics when we're together

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
We're looking to move so our bathroom is a boring suburban bathroom. No insane remodeling. YET.

Also nice piece of fish,. I know you are Norwegian not Swedish but I just got this delivery from Sweden.

The Oden is strong as hell.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

Man I loved snus. Sadly after 3-4 years my gums started receding and I had to quit.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

Roger_Mudd posted:

Man I loved snus. Sadly after 3-4 years my gums started receding and I had to quit.
I don't use it too often but it's my secret weapon for all nighters.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Why don't you just dip cope like a loving man instead of this French sissy poo poo?

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Why don't you just dip cope like a loving man instead of this French sissy poo poo?
I used to but cancer risk is so much lower for snus and I love having a jaw.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Yuns posted:

I used to but cancer risk is so much lower for snus and I love having a jaw.

I quit dipping and most drugs the second semester of my 1L year and my grades / output were significantly impacted.

Still get some pretty serious cravings for dip. Like you said it's really great for staying motivated when you're fatigued

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yuns posted:

We're looking to move so our bathroom is a boring suburban bathroom. No insane remodeling. YET.

Also nice piece of fish,. I know you are Norwegian not Swedish but I just got this delivery from Sweden.

I'm oden's EXTREME portion

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
in law school, I bought nicorette, but not to quit, just so I could chew it during finals and not have to go outside for a smoke break during the test

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Moved

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 2, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

How does the law work with financial records? Do warrant last usually go for the entire financial history?

How long does a bank or credit card company keep records of an individual?

What if the account is closed? How long, if ever, until the bank no longer keeps the record of a past customer?

Say bob used his chase bank card on a a slice of New York pizza back in 2010. Closed the account in 2015. Can a detective in 2018 find the financial trail?

What about credit cards?

IANAL but there is a law question megathread in ask/tell for hypotheticals. We are discussing performance enhancement in the form of Nicotine products here.

Unless you'd like to post your bathroom?

Edit: a picture of your bathroom, that is.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 2, 2019

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

How does the law work with financial records? Do warrant last usually go for the entire financial history?

How long does a bank or credit card company keep records of an individual?

What if the account is closed? How long, if ever, until the bank no longer keeps the record of a past customer?

Say bob used his chase bank card on a a slice of New York pizza back in 2010. Closed the account in 2015. Can a detective in 2018 find the financial trail?

What about credit cards?
This is the wrong thread. This is the thread for complaining about our legal career and marveling at the poor life and aesthetic choices of our peers.

There is a legal questions thread. But bank have very specific record retention rules. Various data has 5 and 7 year retention requirements (there are other time durations but 5 and 7 apply to a majority of types of records) Typically transaction information is kept at least 5 years and account information relating to the holder is kept at least 5 years after the account is closed.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Thanks friends.

How many of you lawyers are happy?

How many of you are in public defense?

How many of you would do something different if you could hop in a time machine?

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Thanks friends.

How many of you would do something different if you could hop in a time machine?

Yes, no, no (assuming invest heavily in bitcoin isn’t an option).

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Thanks friends.

I was in public defense and then I left. Now I’m happy. Don’t go to law school, dickhead.

Edit: Sorry, that was mean. Don’t become a public defender or go to law school.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Kawasaki Nun posted:

We are discussing performance enhancement in the form of Nicotine products here.

A thing of mini nicotine lozenges can get you through a long court day. The best part is if the bailiff or someone asks you what it is, you can just tell them it's a "lozenge". I guess you could also slap on a patch but I've never tried that.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I’m not thinking of being a lawyer.

Most of the lawyers I know are either public defense attorneys or big time corporate lawyers. The Public defenders make way way less and still work way more than 40 hours. Seem pretty happy.

The corporate lawyers I know have to be making at least a $200k (granted they work in major metro areas) and they work insane hours.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Thanks friends.

yes

yes

yes

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

blarzgh posted:

in law school, I bought nicorette, but not to quit, just so I could chew it during finals and not have to go outside for a smoke break during the test

lol

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

SlyFrog, two threads ago posted:

I honestly, absolutely loving hate my job. Though there are occasional, very minimal flashes of things I can tolerate, the only thing I enjoy about it is the money.

I've noticed a lot of people appear to be litigators. Maybe that makes a difference (but I would not want to be engaged in the big swinging dick battle every day either where your life consists of trying to assert intellectual superiority over someone else - I had enough of that in sixth grade gifted and talented class, so I don't think that's for me).

As a transactional attorney and a human being, I just don't understand how any human could enjoy or be excited about staring at reams of paper all day and battling over whether the indemnification provision should be for negligence or gross negligence, and trying to catch little "gotcha" errors.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Ainsley McTree, one thread ago posted:

Did you notice the last page or so of posts in which we were all jizzing about a public defender position available in Barrow, Alaska? I couldn't speak for anyone else but I for one was not entirely exaggerating, I am not completely uninterested in the prospect and I went into law school saying to myself "the one thing I don't want to be is a public defender, I don't have the fortitude for it" but after 3 months of unemployment (well 5 technically but I started the count after I finished the bar, not graduation because at least when I was studying for the bar I had something to do) it's honestly starting to sound pretty good. Barrow, Alaska is located here:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Soothing Vapors, this thread posted:

if I could do my life over I'd hang myself in my crib as soon as I could figure out how to make my dumb baby hands tie a noose

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
d

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 15, 2021

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

its hilarious how much better than beatmasterj's bathroom that is, for 1/10 the price

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sab0921 posted:

I BELIEVE IN RUTHLESS HONESTY. Also I like my bathroom and think it's nice.

the gently caress is with that stairway to a creepy attic in the crack above the door

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Is that a ceramic urinal trough converted into a connected his/hers sink?

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

I BELIEVE IN RUTHLESS HONESTY. Also I like my bathroom and think it's nice.

That was the tiling on the bathroom floor of my childhood schools so I cannot approve on account of you bringing up BAD MEMORIES.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Yes (but I'm also on vacation atm)
Was - everyone should do it for a bit
We all should have gone to dental school

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Soothing Vapors posted:

its hilarious how much better than beatmasterj's bathroom that is, for 1/10 the price

It's 1/10 the price of the repair of his floor joists

evilweasel posted:

the gently caress is with that stairway to a creepy attic in the crack above the door

No stairways in this house homie - that's a ledge above the closet you're seeing the reflection though.

quote:

Is that a ceramic urinal trough converted into a connected his/hers sink?

Giant trough sink and it owns - it doubles as a standing height baby bathtub!

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I feel like to be a successful and happy corporate biglawyer you have to be just smart enough to be good at your job but not smart enough to internalize there are more fulfilling alternatives out there and what you do is pointless.

Idk. I’m a junior corporate biglawyer and I like my job well enough but I wish I had more time to play video games.

Yuns posted:

There is a legal questions thread. But bank have very specific record retention rules. Various data has 5 and 7 year retention requirements (there are other time durations but 5 and 7 apply to a majority of types of records) Typically transaction information is kept at least 5 years and account information relating to the holder is kept at least 5 years after the account is closed.

And yet somehow a bank is able to lose their original promissory note for the same transaction three loving times in a row and I have to stay up late over a lost note affidavit

disjoe fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 2, 2019

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Thanks friends.

Yes
Yes
No

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Thanks friends.

No.
Small amount of private defense.
Yes.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Thanks friends.

No. But in fairness I was an unhappy computer programmer before.

No.

Yes.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

disjoe posted:

I feel like to be a successful and happy corporate biglawyer you have to be just smart enough to be good at your job but not smart enough to internalize there are more fulfilling alternatives out there and what you do is pointless.

Idk. I’m a junior corporate biglawyer and I like my job well enough but I wish I had more time to play video games.

And yet somehow a bank is able to lose their original promissory note for the same transaction three loving times in a row and I have to stay up late over a lost note affidavit

I feel like if you're in house and don't have enough time to play as many video games as you want you're doing something wrong not counting infinite time sinks like mmo's... that said I've been coasting in an IP department that doesn't really require me to give my all.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Thanks friends.

Yes

gently caress no, lol

I would have taken the full ride scholarship at the lower ranked school and probably wound up where I'm at but with no student loans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Yuns posted:

Please post the plans for your ideal bath / weight / bjj training combo room

I want to see your weight bench / toilet / bjj training station ideas