Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

My money is still on:

Grooky = Grass/Fairy (although grass/normal is also on the table since normal is the type most associated with sound)

Scorbunny = Fire/Electric (I am 100% on this one)

Sobble = Water/ghost (mostly because of the turn invisible thing)

These are also pretty spot on! Grooky really could go either way with whole mischievous music monkey theme. And Scorbunny strikes me as a speedy glass cannon so a secondary electric typing makes sense. Sobble is the hardest to pin down though. Hell it could even be Water/ Poison at this point since it apparently used acid armor in the trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
How strange it would be to evolve into being Normal.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

I won't accept anything less than the Shield/Sword anime dub hiring the most Scottish VA they can find to voice the girl.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/jrWCgtN.mp4
http://fossil-arm.tumblr.com/post/183103560566/so-once-again-the-galar-region-is-saved-thanks-to

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The monkey clearly gets the gun

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

These are also pretty spot on! Grooky really could go either way with whole mischievous music monkey theme. And Scorbunny strikes me as a speedy glass cannon so a secondary electric typing makes sense. Sobble is the hardest to pin down though. Hell it could even be Water/ Poison at this point since it apparently used acid armor in the trailer.

Yeah, Grooky and Sobble could both go a lot of ways at this point. The second evolution might make is easier to tell where they're headed.

I am dead certain about Scorbunny being fire/electric though. The emphasis on speed and energy, it's name being spark in some of the foreign languages, the fact that it's a rodent, heck if you showed me a picture of Scorbunny and asked me to guess its typing I would say "electric" and assume it was gen 8's pika clone rather than a starter.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

galagazombie posted:

I won't accept anything less than the Shield/Sword anime dub hiring the most Scottish VA they can find to voice the girl.

Get the voice of Morag from Xenoblade 2

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Yeah, Grooky and Sobble could both go a lot of ways at this point. The second evolution might make is easier to tell where they're headed.

I am dead certain about Scorbunny being fire/electric though. The emphasis on speed and energy, it's name being spark in some of the foreign languages, the fact that it's a rodent, heck if you showed me a picture of Scorbunny and asked me to guess its typing I would say "electric" and assume it was gen 8's pika clone rather than a starter.

If that's the case Scorbunny might have the most tier potential with only three weaknesses. One of which it can handle due to the electrical typing. Hard to say if it'll be a physical or special attacker at this point though. That's not even getting into balance between the starters. It might make the lil' fella eh...overpowered unless Sobble's secondary type is ground.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 2, 2019

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Now it's Sobble's turn to get the gun.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Sobble can't get a gun because it can't pass the mental health fitness screening

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

Don't forget ME

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Hey Flopsy, if you wanna give rehoming the shiny Munchlax and Rowlet another shot, I can hop on real quick and see if we can make it work this time?

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ometeotl posted:

https://twitter.com/DigiDriver/status/1100955200473436160

https://twitter.com/Nikof_Time/status/1100822587318435840

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

My money is still on:

Grooky = Grass/Fairy (although grass/normal is also on the table since normal is the type most associated with sound)

Scorbunny = Fire/Electric (I am 100% on this one)

Sobble = Water/ghost (mostly because of the turn invisible thing)

I agree except I think Grooky will be pure grass or grass/fighting

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lugubrious posted:

Hey Flopsy, if you wanna give rehoming the shiny Munchlax and Rowlet another shot, I can hop on real quick and see if we can make it work this time?

Okay! I'm gonna go log in now.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

SuperKlaus posted:

How strange it would be to evolve into being Normal.

it would actually be pretty unique at this point compared to everything else

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lugubrious posted:

Your name showed up on my DS friends list at least. I'm looking for you right now.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Flopsy posted:

Okay! I'm gonna go log in now.

Chilling in festival plaza, desperately hoping it works this time!

Edit: well we finally got in a trade but it cancelled for some reason. Also anything in particular you want in exchange?

Lugubrious fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 2, 2019

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lugubrious posted:

Are you Joshua? Because now I'm confused.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lugubrious posted:

Edit: well we finally got in a trade but it cancelled for some reason. Also anything in particular you want in exchange?

wingull etc. just anything you don't want.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Flopsy posted:

Are you Joshua? Because now I'm confused.

Yeah that was me, I think I may have accidentally backed out. Anything in particular you want in return by the way?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lugubrious posted:

Yeah that was me, I think I may have accidentally backed out. Anything in particular you want in return by the way?

Nah just throw me anything you don't need.

edit: I can see your name but it won't let me contact you.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What kind of insane lunatic puts loving OSHAWATT in "S" tier. That clown faced motherfucker barely deserves to be in the lowest tier :mad:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Can you see my name? If not i'm going to log out and log back in because I literally can't contact you.

edit :the loving game disconnected me that's why I couldn't contact you.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 2, 2019

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Flopsy posted:

Nah just throw me anything you don't need.

edit: I can see your name but it won't let me contact you.

Yeah its showing your name too but it won't let me start a trade either. This is awesome

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

indigi posted:

Sobble can't get a gun because it can't pass the mental health fitness screening

Also, the hands.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lugubrious posted:

Yeah its showing your name too but it won't let me start a trade either. This is awesome

WE FINALLY DID IT!!! HOORAY!!

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Thank you so much! I will love them like they are my own. Sorry for the hassle.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Lugubrious posted:

Thank you so much! I will love them like they are my own. Sorry for the hassle.

LOL well at least now we know each other so it won't be so bad in the future. Enjoy your new buddies! :D

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Flopsy posted:

LOL well at least now we know each other so it won't be so bad in the future. Enjoy your new buddies! :D

Oh I'm definitely gonna be using Rowlet and whichever starter ends up having the best final evolution in Shield. I've learned how to do trades, now it's time to teach myself how to use Pokemon Bank or whatever it is so I can bring him over. Thanks again!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I used to lament the fact that there were no toys or anything of my favorite Pokémon. Now I take pride in the fact that my favorite Pokémon isn't marketable.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

indigi posted:

This post confused me for a second, like, “When has a mental health fitness screening ever been a serious deterrent to someone who really wanted a gun...but then I realized it was because I live in the United States rural South, and Sword and Shield takes place in The United Kingdom.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Star Man posted:

I used to lament the fact that there were no toys or anything of my favorite Pokémon. Now I take pride in the fact that my favorite Pokémon isn't marketable.

Which one

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Bet it's Gigalith

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Macaluso posted:

Which one

Kabutops

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I can't really call it my favorite Pokemon, but I do have a special fondness for Porygon.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm watching the Pokémon sun and moon show on Netflix, this'll be my first Pokémon in a long time cause I never had a handheld after the gba. My question is how come Mr mime is ashes step-dad?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pokemon has a lot of soft reboots but still technically follows the same continuity; way back in the tail-end of the Kanto seasons (possibly post Orange Islands) there was a Mr Mime episode with Ash's mom guest starring and at the end she decided to take in a friendly Mr Mime to help around the house since she was getting lonely without Ash around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Gay Horney posted:

I'm watching the Pokémon sun and moon show on Netflix, this'll be my first Pokémon in a long time cause I never had a handheld after the gba. My question is how come Mr mime is ashes step-dad?

After Ash got his final badge in Kanto, they began a training arc for the Elite Four based around him being back in Pallet Town. In one of them the circus comes to town and ash dresses like a Mr. Mime for plot reasons. A real one wanders back to his house and Ash's mom thinks it's him. It starts living with her doing chores and has been a recurring character since.