Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Biplane posted:

People actually play against AI? Gross

No, but when one of your teammates drop you are 100% screwed now, instead of just kind of screwed before. Old AI teammates could still help, hell, some were actually better than the trash they thankfully replaced, but now they just literally do nothing. Ignore pings, walk in circles, dive bomb towers, retreat from any fight, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
There are going to be a series of reddit AMA's. Okay.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kith posted:

Patch happened. Highlights:

• Alarak talent buff.
  • Huge buffs to Cho and Gall.
  • Li Ming Orb Build buffed.
  • Lunara talent buff.
  • Orphea nerf.
  • Raynor's Raider buff.
  • Samuro buff to Level 1 talents to hopefully give some variety.
  • Tychus talent buff that nobody will use.
  • Baseline Azmodan nerf, but a massive buff to Greed and Beam Brain.
  • Medivh adjustment.
  • Probius Null Gate buff.
  • Zagara buff.
  • Ana buffs, but nerf to Eye of Horus.
  • Li Li nerfs.
  • Whitemane buffs.
  • Diablo "nerfs".
  • Huge Leoric buff.
  • Malganis nerf.
  • INSANELY HUGE Rexxar buff. Like, holy poo poo.
  • Sonya talent buff.
  • Tyreal talent buffs.

They actually made comments and explanations for every single change, even ones that are just one talent adjustment. :psyduck:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Charles Bukowski posted:

There are going to be a series of reddit AMA's. Okay.

We will know when things on the development side have gotten really dire when they are no longer on Reddit.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Elysium posted:

No, but when one of your teammates drop you are 100% screwed now, instead of just kind of screwed before. Old AI teammates could still help, hell, some were actually better than the trash they thankfully replaced, but now they just literally do nothing. Ignore pings, walk in circles, dive bomb towers, retreat from any fight, etc.

that's QM mate

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Taking turns throwing back and forth for no real reason is the good version of QM, an actual 4v5 is not "just QM"

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

there's a good version of QM? :smith:

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Even before the game was dumpstered the AMAs have been worthless. They say X feature is almost ready to go and nobody notices that the feature never comes to the game, just that they said it's almost ready 3 months ago, and 6 months ago, and last year, and at Blizzcon 2 years ago. Maybe now someone will just say gently caress it and add everything into the game.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

They actually made comments and explanations for every single change, even ones that are just one talent adjustment. :psyduck:

i appreciate this quite a bit

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

so those cho'gall buffs:

the change to runed gauntlet is uh, nuts? used to be .75s cooldown reduction on ults every basic attack, which was pointless. now that it's 5%, on the 60second cooldown ults, that's a 3 second cooldown per basic attack. which is kind of bonkers?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Chagall buffs huh. Guess I'll continue to not play this game

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I bet this Rexxar buff was done because there was something about Rexxar someone wanted to nerf.

Why else would you write, "this hero doesnt need a buff, but we're doing it anyways"?

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
The good news is that Cho'gol is easy to draft around, and almost impossible to get surprised with later in the draft. Honestly i hope more people try to sneak a cho comp in draft, im just gonna start playing a ton more anub'arak and continue to web wrap his dumb rear end for completely easy team fights.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

These patch notes revealed to me that apparently rexxar is good, something that I've never particularly heard and did not personally think when I played him

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

ninjewtsu posted:

These patch notes revealed to me that apparently rexxar is good, something that I've never particularly heard and did not personally think when I played him

It's been a while since I've played him but Rexxar is very good on "stand here" objectives, since he can send the bear out to keep people from getting close and participate in the fight pretty well from a distance. Honestly the way they're taking some power from misha and putting it on Rexxar is more of a nerf imho.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Can’t believe they didn’t even mention the other ult tho. Talk about a trap.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Dietrich posted:

It's been a while since I've played him but Rexxar is very good on "stand here" objectives, since he can send the bear out to keep people from getting close and participate in the fight pretty well from a distance. Honestly the way they're taking some power from misha and putting it on Rexxar is more of a nerf imho.

Yeah, the idea is that Rexxar has been good in a way that a lot of people don't really notice, since it was just auto-attacks from the bear. So while he was helping the team win, the players personally didn't feel like he contributed much.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Rexxar was amazing when 100% of his power was in the bear, then they reworked him so it was 50/50 and then he was sort of middling, now I suspect he'll be worse as more of his power shifts to his fragile tether.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Make Misha and Rexxar standalones that get bonuses when they play together.

e: no wait don't

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Just combine them and have rexxar riding the bear.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
It will also draw the furry crowd, saving this dead game.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Not that kind of ride!!!

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glpotfntKPs

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I haven’t played this since the fort changes. I’m not a huge fan of them but it is what it is.
I logged in to do some quests for the golden chicken. Some things will never not be fun

https://imgur.com/OIwZ6iD

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
The downturn in players has definitely left some huge Salt Mines still in the pool; Every game, it's like public DOTA now.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
This game has 4 characters whose name starts with "Z." I feel like that is too many.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Snacksmaniac posted:

I haven’t played this since the fort changes. I’m not a huge fan of them but it is what it is.
I logged in to do some quests for the golden chicken. Some things will never not be fun

https://imgur.com/OIwZ6iD

Landing a good shove like that is one of the most satisfying things in the game. You don't CC them out of the fight for a few seconds, you literally physically take them out of the fight. And they have to walk all the way back.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I start every game with a «hey team, gl hf» and in seven of the last ten games I’ve played I’ve had ruthlessly thirsty dudes going ARE YOU A GIRL?????? and sending me weird messages about if I’m a girl where exactly am I located.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Well that's weird.

e: Are you a girl?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
what server are you on haha just wondering

e: yeah usually when i say that, people either don't respond or are goofy. one can usually determine how down to clown they are by how much they make their dude spin around before the gates go down

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Hanzo seems pretty good, but maybe it's my scrub tier?

I was going: Target Practice -> Explosive Arrows -> DRagon Hungers -> DRagons Arrow -> Ninja Assassin -> Piercing Arrows

But when I hit 20 I don't know what I should go.. It seems like Play of the Game makes sense, but I the 1 second stun time with bullseye seems really good. And I don't really understand how play of the game works if I don't teleport to the arrow.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The stun is really hard to land. The enhancements to your heroic are the way to go for Hanzo. You should rarely if ever choose Dragon Strike but if you do, the level 20 actually makes it pretty good.

If you choose not to teleport with play of the game then I believe it just works like the untalented version. Also note you can teleport without the arrow hitting anything.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Well the map was the pirate map, so the stun near the turn in point got us alot of team wipes

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

*Kramers through the door* Hey I heard there was a girl posting in this thread? Did she give out her geolocation yet???

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Redemption > ignore all distractions makes him a really good laner. IAD also allows for surprise snipes because of the attack range increase.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Charles Bukowski posted:

Well that's weird.

e: Are you a girl?

I'm not!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
-mutes team as usual then-

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

A tracer player called me a «russian jew kike» after i told him i’d report him for going afk after losing the first immortal.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
So what's this about a girl, she still around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Im_Special posted:

So what's this about a girl, she still around?

hey

e: i'm not a girl i'm just saying hey. whats up

Bogart fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 7, 2019