Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The gently caress is an American dog and the gently caress IS THIS ANIME.

It's a hot dog and I don't know if the translators didn't know that or they were just trying to be ~accurate~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh hey, finally, more characterization for Makoto!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

It's a hot dog and I don't know if the translators didn't know that or they were just trying to be ~accurate~

Oh.

Who the gently caress calls a hot dog an American dog, what the gently caress.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Oh, it's a corn dog actually, my bad. We don't have those in this country so I just remembered there was a hot dog in it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh hey we finally getting the twins.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh hey I guess they are actual idols.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo I watched 2 episodes in less than 2 hours.

Praise me.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Congrats, maybe we can get through this in 6 months after all

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

!tell Squark,Cant,Oreos,trigger gently caress you.

Zep....

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

!tell Squark,Cant,Oreos,trigger gently caress you.

Can confirm, I pulled 3 SSRs.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
For the Sega collab, I got all 9 girls

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

They were probably going for 'You can't just do anything because you have an ""emotional connection"", Imber is a robot and robots break', but, it doesn't come across well and the small child isn't really relevant.

totally relevant small child, because haruka is broken and somehow ‘I broke my robot’ is the same thing as ‘parents dead’

At least I’m pretty sure they’re actually dead, and not just that they left, at any rate.

Is this a loving device dedicated to holding stick candy???

Or does the stick candy just come in that case????

I very vaguely remember those. It spins the lollipop for you. No, I don’t really know why. I guess so you can better cut your tongue open on a sharp edge.

Wait what.

Did they just skip what happened?

Just pointing out that this guy is literally standing on a goddamn tv screen. With his wet shoes.

I'm angry at these subs, and also, is this dude floating in the air.

In every scene with Chihaya’s robot, someone is floating around. I assume it’s the robot’s stupid antigravity field, because at least one scene with that is pretty unquestionably on earth (or an asteroid with an ocean and the exact same weather as Tokyo…). But basically every hangar shot looks like it was reused from something set in space? Like they’re overlooking the robots through thick glass in a separate room like the hangar in a gundam show. Maybe it's just leftovers Sunrise had laying about.

Is this what the dude really said.

No. The subs are somewhere between “quite liberal” and “made up,” from the two bits I bothered to at least sorta try and figure out.

Polsy posted:

I'm pretty sure this isn't what mystery guy said but I'm not sure what it actually was and they're determined to be mysterious so I let it go

This was the second bit. I almost feel like it’s a name? Sounded a bit like Michelling, but who the hell knows.

YOU'RE NOT loving DOING A GOOD JOB OF EXPLAINING YOURSELF.

OH WHOOPS I SENT YOU OUT IN THE FIELD WITHOUT CONSIDERING THE EXISTENCE OF THIS GROUP THAT'S PERSISTENTLY TRIED TO STEAL OUR iDOLS.

Also that last bit is just loving stupid in terms of translation.

Yeah, she also couldn’t be bothered to explain anything else about the group. I’m sure it’s not important.

I let the awful literal translation of the last bit slide only because isn’t that fansub group from like Singapore or something? (Yes, they are) I half assume that’s what the deal is with the Mahs and the Yah you let slide…

Is it supposed to be wordplay for Ai = Love, Ai -> AIdoru -> Idol, or Ai -> AI -> Artificial Intelligence?????

Also because you give the idol your love and get a performance. See, it’s clever on multiple levels.

Chamomile tea is quite pleasant. It’s mostly known as a relaxant, like something you’d drink before bed or to relax.

I think the dumbest thing about the naked hacking is that it seems like all that Riffa (which is apparently the blonde one's name) hacked were like, video feeds of outer space? You'd think that the UN or NWO or whoever would have more than a couple of cameras in space to keep an eye on the apparently super-deadly meteors.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Butts. They are talking about butts. Thanks, translatorsan. I assume that's what TS stands for.

Why is Makoto with the engineers.

Because she’s tsundere for her robot. Probably.

The gently caress is an American dog and the gently caress IS THIS ANIME.

Corndog. We’ve been over that.

Polsy posted:

Yeah, that's the real question that comes out of this. Sure, they studied the core and discovered it was a new element that produced infinite energy, then....they decided to build a giant robot around it? Stick that in a power station and save us from the fossil fuel crisis imo.

I mean, there are some other issues here. For example, the core was previously just a sphere. Where the hell did the head come from? It seems to have sprouted both the dinosaur-like head/neck and also a goddamn cockpit. Inside the core. Which may or may not be a sentient being. With preferences.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

What, is Imber gonna get horny robot powers now.

JESUS gently caress IT'S RECORDING HER WHAT THE gently caress.

Hey Zep. Zep.

You know you could totes turn this into a stalker thing.

Like, slight change in phrasing and this totes becomes a horror story about a lovestruck robot hacking into cameras to stalk a young girl.

That's creepy as poo poo, mate.

I don't remember how long ago you wrote that, but I took the time to keep a note of it for just this very occasion.

Because it's Robot Boyfriend time.

Gonna see the dolphins in the night sea with your robot boyfriend.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

It's an important question, tan iori.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/R9zLREZ.mp4

One of those'll work, no matter what you're browsing on.I hopeUnless you're using lynx like some sort of maniac

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

I let the awful literal translation of the last bit slide only because isn’t that fansub group from like Singapore or something? (Yes, they are) I half assume that’s what the deal is with the Mahs and the Yah you let slide…

Yah good, Mah bad, is the official Zep position

Oh good, these subs use the word "Yah." instead of "Yeah." like I sometimes do.

Please stop translating 'Mah' literally.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The new Bang Dream episode is heartbreaking.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It crushed my heart

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Otae making the classic error of trying to make everyone happy and failing thus making nobody happy

It always hurts

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Ah, there’s the Bandori drama I was expecting, since this season couldn’t just be bands doing band things.

Well, at least Rokka got to rock out. And at least one insert song an episode is spoiling me.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
i'm going to regress into a rabid state of unfathomably primal emotion next week given that we appear to be getting R・I・O・T

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

also Chu2 and Plankton from Spongebob are the same character

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Nodosaur posted:

also Chu2 and Plankton from Spongebob are the same character

It’s a shame, because Tsumutsumu plays Chu2 in lives a lot more laid back and less all up ins wrt Roselia and the like. Just watching her do her DJ thing in the Live that introduced her character was great.

Also, yeah RIOT hype.

Also also lol @ 2D GuriGuri when everyone else got new models and such. Still, good to see Milky Holmes together after their Final Live even if it was just for a short cameo.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 2, 2019

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Also, while I’m at it, update on my neso collection. It isn’t as large as Enormu’s (dude, nice seeing you again at the PoPiPa DV), but it’s getting there:

Also, current LL CD collection and other LL merch:

Speaking of LL, anyone here going to chuusen for gaijin ticket to 5th Live? I’d try it, but no $$$ to fly out and pay for it even if I won.

Oh, and Azoland is offering Bandori 5th and 6th Live merch for sale, get it before it sells out here: https://t.co/raR9vbd3dy

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Iori is powerful.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

GhostStalker posted:

It’s a shame, because Tsumutsumu plays Chu2 in lives a lot more laid back and less all up ins wrt Roselia and the like. Just watching her do her DJ thing in the Live that introduced her character was great.

My post did not mean to imply this was a bad thing

I like that Chu2 is an enormous gremlin

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I can't believe all these fuckers cheating on the idolwatch

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I refuse to join a watch that doesn't conform to my time zone.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I'm super lazy.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

My post did not mean to imply this was a bad thing

I like that Chu2 is an enormous gremlin

Oh, fair. I don’t like the villainous presentation of Chu2 is all, with how great Tsumutsumu is.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

GhostStalker posted:

Oh, fair. I don’t like the villainous presentation of Chu2 is all, with how great Tsumutsumu is.

Look at it this way. Lives are about making people excited and feeling good and celebrating music. The show and other storylines are about the drama in all these girls' lives, and after two years, you need someone to trigger conflict now that a lot of the initial issues the characters faced have progressed or ironed themselves out.

Besides, the anime will likely end with her coming around and her being one of the gang and friendly rivals with Roselia.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

Look at it this way. Lives are about making people excited and feeling good and celebrating music. The show and other storylines are about the drama in all these girls' lives, and after two years, you need someone to trigger conflict now that a lot of the initial issues the characters faced have progressed or ironed themselves out.

Besides, the anime will likely end with her coming around and her being one of the gang and friendly rivals with Roselia.

Yeah, I know. Bandori can’t just be a show about girl bands doing girl band things, so there was bound to be some drama inserted into the plot line sooner rather than later. I just wish some people in the fandom weren’t taking it so strongly though, but I guess that’s fandom for ya!

Man, first slamming Yukina for saying that PoPiPa wasn’t ready for their own self-sponsored live all those weeks back, then jumping on Chu2 for her whole thing of going after Roselia, and now Otae for what happened this week... I guess people just need someone to (if not hate, then) dislike and all that.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Mar 2, 2019

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That's always gonna be a thing. Look at how much tribalism sprang up around Hina and Sayo's issues before they started to understand each other and got closer again.

Fandoms just be like that unfortunately.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

In a way CHU2 is lucky she picked a fight with Yukina and not say...Kokoron. Cause CHU2 would get eaten alive by the full Kokoron experience

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

more like the suits would just make her quietly disappear

Chu2 just wakes up on a deserted island in the middle of the pacific

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I refuse to join a watch that doesn't conform to my time zone.

Look at this weak person.
I joined the Idolwatch multiple times while in Japan, and that means waking up at loving 5 am.

Also RAS as collectible band members in the game when?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's because unlike you I have a healthy sleeping schedule.

Back me up on this Polsy-kun.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Look it's about having the power to wake up, okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

nielsm posted:

Also RAS as collectible band members in the game when?

People weren’t slow in joking after this episode that it’s already happened, what with Otae being in the gacha and all that.

But yeah, having the 6th band (7th? GuriGuri exists after all and they have a song, even if they don’t have any in game presence either) in the game would be nice, but I don’t think there’s been any news wrt adding them.