Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Detective No. 27 posted:

https://youtu.be/M-m_7G31yh4

I think I found SMG's secret YouTube channel.

gently caress you I managed so long to not click on any Youtube video from that channel and now I'll have to fight off a deluge of nazi poo poo because of how the algorithms work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Have you downloaded H.Bomberguy's censorship add-on? It keeps a lot of that poo poo out.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Spielberg is cool but it is totally on brand for him to be the type to get really angry if you said you watched a movie on a phone or go on and on about how essential it is to watch movies in a theater. Like he's a guy that probably genuinly believes that.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Heck, I genuinely believe that but, also, that literally has nothing to do with the genuine reason these dinosaurs actively hate Netflix.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

married but discreet posted:

gently caress you I managed so long to not click on any Youtube video from that channel and now I'll have to fight off a deluge of nazi poo poo because of how the algorithms work

You can delete videos from your watch history. That should help

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t watch Netflix on my phone unless I’m on a plane. So that’s a dumb as gently caress for anyone to be mad about it.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
The moment I knew I was sold on Sorry to Bother You was about 10 mins with the new team lead scene.
"Does that mean we get paid more?"
"hmmmmm no" while doing a quirky :airquote:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That actress is fuckin great

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

axelblaze posted:

Spielberg is cool but it is totally on brand for him to be the type to get really angry if you said you watched a movie on a phone or go on and on about how essential it is to watch movies in a theater. Like he's a guy that probably genuinly believes that.

No, that's David Lynch.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I know I'm late to the party but yooo alita whips.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think with Spielberg I tend to forget just how many studios he has some stakes in. Most directors tend to not give a poo poo when it comes to putting any sort of line between streaming movies and theatrically released ones so yeah it sucks Spielberg would be one of the few that's really lovely about it.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I’ll be pretentious for a minute: there’s definitely such a thing as experiencing a film vs watching a film. I watched Bad Boys II last night, on TV at 1AM, but seeing 2001 in IMAX felt like it was an experience.

Of course it’s a lot easier to experience films in theaters but if you have a nice setup at home it’s possible.

Okay pretension over, I’m gonna go watch Witchcraft V or something.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Viewing experience is one thing, but it has nothing to do with how the movie was made. Might as well punt all the indie films to the Emmys too.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Should I see Fighting With My Family or Greta today?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
There's going to be another Ghostbusters reboot scheduled for 2020?!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Combat Pretzel posted:

There's going to be another Ghostbusters reboot scheduled for 2020?!

Yup. I hope they use the same cast as the last one but get someone who can actually write/direct comedy this time.

I think that’s why I was surprised by how much I liked A Simple Favor, Paul Feig’s movies are usually only about half funny, so a dramedy actually works really well.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s a new cast and poo poo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I hope it's three women and a token dude, though it will likely be the opposite. If it's the opposite it's literally a live action remake of Extreme Ghostbusters

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

Should I see Fighting With My Family or Greta today?

Greta. Fighting With My Family seems like you won't miss anything waiting for home video

Coffee And Pie posted:

Yup. I hope they use the same cast as the last one but get someone who can actually write/direct comedy this time.

It's Jason Reitman, who has done comedies, but seems like a poor fit for the more action focused comedy the studio seems to be going for.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 2, 2019

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I want 4 black trans ghostbusters because it would be awesome and also probably give 3 awful men a conniption

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I want the Ghostbusters to be actual ghosts.

Let Zak Bagans direct with Jay and Grant from Ghost Hunters as producers.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

I want the Ghostbusters to be actual ghosts.

Isn't that RIPD?

I legit don't know because I never saw it. I'm frankly amazed I remembered its name or that it existed at all.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Make the Ghostbusters gay. But here's the twist: the ghosts are also gay

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

axelblaze posted:

Isn't that RIPD?

I legit don't know because I never saw it. I'm frankly amazed I remembered its name or that it existed at all.

Yep. It was....not good.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Make the Ghostbusters gay. But here's the twist: the ghosts are also gay

♪♩ bustin' makes me feeeel gaaaaaaayyyyy ♪♩

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

axelblaze posted:

Isn't that RIPD?

It’s a really killer (heh) concept that apparently sucked

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I kinda miss Ghost Hunters. Everyone on that show went to great lengths, via scientific instrumentation and analysis, to disprove hauntings and explain how noises or forms weren't supernatural, and when they found something they couldn't explain, they just sorta thew their hands up and said "This can't be explained".

Whereas Ghost Adventures is just a bunch of dudebro douchebags running around with Ouija boards and "spirit boxes" and "demonologist psychics" claiming everything is a ghost. No, you idiots. That's an out-of-focus dust particle floating in front of a camera. It's not the ghost of Queen Victoria.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

♪♩ bustin' makes me feeeel gaaaaaaayyyyy ♪♩

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
All Ghostbusters Are Bastards if you ask me.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Ghostbastards

I'd watch that actually

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Timby posted:

I am not feeling that at all.

I kinda agree. But the effects also do look unfinished. I have no idea why they didn't just make Hellboy 3 and keep Del Toro's crew. And added Mila.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

axelblaze posted:

Ghostbastards

I'd watch that actually

Same. It's kind of ridiculous that afaik there's no story about what it's like being a ghost living a society where simply existing means being hunted by armed civilians and placed in indefinite imprisonment without trial.

Like I don't even want to imagine what happens to the ghosts when they get sucked into the ghost sucker.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Budgie Jumping posted:

Same. It's kind of ridiculous that afaik there's no story about what it's like being a ghost living a society where simply existing means being hunted by armed civilians and placed in indefinite imprisonment without trial.

Like I don't even want to imagine what happens to the ghosts when they get sucked into the ghost sucker.

If you're into tabletop games, Geist: The Sin-Eaters 2E is about people who come back to life after dying and act as community leaders / magical therapists for local ghosts, and ultimately try to create a mass movement of the living and the dead to overthrow the incredibly hosed up and oppressive order of the Underworld.

The antagonists include "people who snort ghosts to get high and live forever" and "other ghosts who sold out to the underworld and kidnap regular ghosts on its behalf."

It's not officially out yet but backing the Kickstarter (or, I think, pre-ordering) gets you access to the manuscript preview.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 2, 2019

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Budgie Jumping posted:

These topics were addressed in the Real Ghostbusters animated series you philistine.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Budgie Jumping posted:

Just make it an unsubtle allegory for the criminal justice system and recidivism and I'm there. But still a comedy, obviously

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

axelblaze posted:

Ghostbastards

I'd watch that actually

Inghoulish Ghostbastards, a rogue squad of ghosts seeks to eliminate pregnant women because they’re aiding the opposition

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gatts posted:

I kinda agree. But the effects also do look unfinished. I have no idea why they didn't just make Hellboy 3 and keep Del Toro's crew. And added Mila.

Perlman might be tired of the makeup or be more than they can afford, Selma Blair has MS.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I’ll watch drat near anything if it’s got Ian McShane in it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Skwirl posted:

Selma Blair has MS.

Aw, gently caress.

Perlam should have done what Lawrence does for the X-Men movies, by Hellboy 5 they would have made him red with sharpies.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Grendels Dad posted:

Aw, gently caress.

Perlam should have done what Lawrence does for the X-Men movies, by Hellboy 5 they would have made him red with sharpies.

Hellboy 5 starring Rebecca Romijn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

Perlman might be tired of the makeup or be more than they can afford, Selma Blair has MS.

Selma Blair's still acting, though? Like, she has MS, but it's not severe enough that she's bedridden, she just needs an assistant for getting into her costumes and such.

It wasn't an incredibly physical role she had, so she'd probably be A-OK to come back.