Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Mimesweeper posted:

No, he's jellyfish.

Finally, a payoff to that piss Giorno has been storing in his teeth for all this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

fugo is dumb as poo poo

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Look going with a Joestar gives good odds of getting killed while vanishing off screen keeps you alive. Fugo's playing it smart.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
My favorite part is Fugo going "We don't even know what kind of music she likes! :argh:"

Like, I get the implication that they've never really even had a casual conversation with her, but it's just worded funny to me. Like, the idea that if Trish gets up and tells Fugo that she likes R&B he'll risk life and limb for her. :allears:

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Fugo's a secret juggalo. If she was down with the clown then she'd be fam.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

"She ain't even Hip-Hop!" -Fugo probably

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

realistically most viewers want to see them all come along but this was straight up a spur of the moment decision to choose to betray the overarching organization that owns the area and helped them build a life so it's kind of reasonable if fugo is going What The gently caress about this all happening about a girl they actually literally did just meet the other day

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Oh my god gently caress you Golden Wind you're setting me up to cry down the lines via Mary Jane from the 90s Spider-Man cartoon deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t5w5CCcSqA&t=45s

This is the only thing that's making sense right now. Giorno's crouching around a bunch of Bruno Blood™ and unconsciously turtled him. I mean what else could be happening, "Oh sorry to make you worry Giorno, you didn't see me bleed by stabbing my hand through a giant splinter because I zipped up all my blood to save it"?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'm watching this with a first time viewer, and his current theory is that king crimson skipped over the moment that Buccellati died, so the consequence of him being 'dead' still happened, but since King Crimson ensured he didn't notice it he's still walking around like he's alive.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Want Bruno dead? His heart stopped and his literal soul was floating behind Giorno.

Maybe it's as simple as Giorno's Stand just brought Bruno back but incomplete.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

if fugo isn't on some kinda secret mission he's absolutely the most dumb and worthless jobro ever

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

IDONTPOST posted:

if fugo isn't on some kinda secret mission he's absolutely the most dumb and worthless jobro ever

Was Fugo key to victory in any fight other than Mirror Man? I sure as hell don't remember him being used much other than him being punked by Mario's Soft Machine. And then out of commission when Grateful Dead was activated.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Annointed posted:

Was Fugo key to victory in any fight other than Mirror Man? I sure as hell don't remember him being used much other than him being punked by Mario's Soft Machine. And then out of commission when Grateful Dead was activated.

Nooope. He got one fight, and he didn't even solo it. Come to think of it Narancia has only really gotten one fight too but at least they're using his radar thing.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

RatHat posted:

Nooope. He got one fight, and he didn't even solo it.

Lol wat a loser. In op hero jojo stand users we went from Avdol being dead in pretend to Okuyasu being straight up dumb and now we have Fugo who decided to bounce.

EDIT: Even his genius trait wasn't really put to good use. It was Giorno who figured out Grateful Dead while Fugo was busy dying of old age.

Annointed fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Mar 2, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't deny Avdol was underused, but Okuyasu saves Josuke from being killed by Kira twice in the final battle and I will hear no slander against him.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

RatHat posted:

He got one fight, and he didn't even solo it.

Kind of hard to contribute to fights when your only power is "everyone even vaguely in my vicinity immediately dies one of the most gruesome deaths imaginable, quite possibly including myself"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Here's something funny: notice how Mista almost immediately got on the boat after Abbacchio said his piece? As if he had no worries or hesitation at all?

Well, the reason for that is

- 1. Bruno
- 2. Trish
- 3. Giorno
- 4. Abbacchio
- 5. Mista

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Here's something funny: notice how Mista almost immediately got on the boat after Abbacchio said his piece? As if he had no worries or hesitation at all?

Well, the reason for that is

- 1. Bruno
- 2. Trish
- 3. Giorno
- 4. Abbacchio
- 5. Mista

That makes so much sense, drat. Imagine his inner turmoil before someone decided to go with Bruno. If he stays there will be four of them and if he goes there will also be four of them.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TGLT posted:

Not really. The key phrase is "all that remains in this world are the results." Nothing that happens during the erased time actually matters, which is why the boss doesn't just hit people like Dio did during stopped time. Since everything else is stuck on course, for everything but the boss this is the equivalent of just skipping ahead to the results. The boss isn't stuck with what was supposed to happen so he's kinda exempt from it.

At least I'm pretty sure. It's a weird power.

You're correct, nothing that KC does during the time skip has any effect, which is why KC has to wait for the skip to be over (and the enemy disoriented by it) to strike. The problem is that -to make stuff more visually appealing- Araki and the animators have him dodging blows using his precog sub-ability during the skip, which is completely unnecessary and somewhat confusing.

The boss can see into the future for a bit, just enough to last until the skip is over, and uses that knowledge to make sure he's at an advantage afterwards.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 2, 2019

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Want Bruno dead? His heart stopped and his literal soul was floating behind Giorno.

Maybe it's as simple as Giorno's Stand just brought Bruno back but incomplete.

Giorno just did some bullshit with his bullshit stand but it was like half-assed bullshit so Bruno wasn't fixed properly.

I mean Gold Experience can just basically do whatever the gently caress it wants as long as it is tangentially connected to "life".

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

trucutru posted:

You're correct, nothing that KK does during the time skip has any effect,

He kidnapped Trish and cut off her arm

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Tunicate posted:

He kidnapped Trish and cut off her arm

He (probably) didn't cut off her hand during the erased time though (and these seeming inconsistencies are part of why King Crimson's power is hard to explain). How, exactly, he did it and escaped through the top to get below the elevator without getting caught can best be described as "I dunno Araki."

edit: But you could probably explain inconsistencies if the boss could choose to be affected by KC like everyone else and forego changing anything.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Mar 2, 2019

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
KC is extremely strong and fast, so all the Boss needed to do is see a moment when Bruno wasn't looking at Trish, skip to that moment, then immediately start another skip once he'd cut off her hand and Bruno would be none the wiser.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Mar 2, 2019

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I think that the Boss went "I'm gonna sever Trish's hand so Bruno doesn't notice", activated King Crimson and bam - Trish's hand is severed. When the gang got skipped, I figured that there's a chink in how King Crimson works. I guess that once it's activated, you can't change your mind about what you were going to do during the skip. Like I doubt that Abbachio was going to set foot on the island but his thought was "I gotta stop Giorno". Then timeskip happens and oops, Abbachio is on the island, grabbing Giorno on the shoulder. Narancia was like "I'm gonna eat the chocolate", skip and boom, chocolate eaten. Even KC himself seems to be a victim of this, he was comitted to the attack on Bruno and wasn't able to back out of his plan.

I wonder if this turns out to be the key to defating KC in the end, but I guess we're going through another gauntlet of lieutenants beforehand. Still want to see the Risotto fight.

Also Giorno totally created a perfect copy, Stand included, of COCO LARGE so it's possible he reainmated Bruno's dead corpse, Sticky Fingers included as well. Goddamn Gold Experience is powerful :stare:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, I forgot that cloning was a power of Gold Experience.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I know this absolutely won't happen but I would love to see Fugo come back later as a villain.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I like KC more than The World because KC immediately at least seems beatable

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

he's a very angry waffle boy

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I am 100% convinced that Fugo was written out since Akarai realized that Fugo's ability made it basically impossible for him to contribute to fights in any meaningful way. His stand does not lend itself to creative uses .

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

My favorite part is Fugo going "We don't even know what kind of music she likes! :argh:"

In the manga, the main character had little info pages between chapters that gave some of their favorite things, and we didn't get Trish's favorite music, so yeah, we don't.

Her favorite actors are Marcello Mastroianni and Gwyneth Paltrow though.

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

"She ain't even Hip-Hop!" -Fugo probably

Narancia likes Tupac and Snoop.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

tweet my meat posted:

Is bruno a zombie or something now?

Even if we're dead, we want to make our dreams come true
No, even if we're dead, we will make them come true!
Is that despair? Or is it hope?
We'll overcome a harsh fate, and even if we don't have a pulse, we'll press on!
Zipper Man Saga

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Since he's powerful enough to chop through a man's torso, it seems like the boss could have taken her out instead of just kidnapping her. A strike to the head with that force would have been sufficient.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Flesnolk posted:

Kind of hard to contribute to fights when your only power is "everyone even vaguely in my vicinity immediately dies one of the most gruesome deaths imaginable, quite possibly including myself"

This made me realize that by default everyone in Passione keeps their Stands hidden but Fugo's is basically a tiny WMD. They should be broadcasting it 24/7. "Oh, you want to muscle in on our turf? Well you could talk to me about it or you could talk to my friend whose superpower is 'Your internal organs liquify in under a minute'. Your call."

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Lobe posted:

Since he's powerful enough to chop through a man's torso, it seems like the boss could have taken her out instead of just kidnapping her. A strike to the head with that force would have been sufficient.

I was gonna say he might want to dispose of her completely so DNA tests couldn’t happen, but he left her bloody hand behind so I dunno.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I like that Araki clearly gave Mista a phobia of the number 4 because of the standard belief that 4 is an unlucky number in East Asian cultures, but then realized that made no sense for an Italian man to believe, so he wrote his backstory to have the number 4 be unlucky for him one major time.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
mista is a cultured guy

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

hatty posted:

I was gonna say he might want to dispose of her completely so DNA tests couldn’t happen, but he left her bloody hand behind so I dunno.

During this episode, he straight up says that he has to kill her just because he can feel that she's his daughter just by looking at her, and that it means she'd be able to identify him on sight in the same way. Given the absurd lengths we've already seen him go through to seclude himself and hide his identity, it's reasonable to assume he's already had any public records of his existence erased. So just getting a DNA sample and trying to look him up that way is irrelevant. He's more worried about the possibility of his potential enemies having access to a person who can just look into a crowd of people, point him out and go, "Yeah, that's the Boss of Passione. I can tell just by looking at him, because he's my father."

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Tunicate posted:

I'm watching this with a first time viewer, and his current theory is that king crimson skipped over the moment that Buccellati died, so the consequence of him being 'dead' still happened, but since King Crimson ensured he didn't notice it he's still walking around like he's alive.
okuyasu wasn't too dumb to die, it was actually the work of an enemy stand

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So here's my theory; Bruno is actually 100% dead, and Giorno just gave life to the inanimate object that is his corpse. The reason Bruno's having weird freak outs is the simulacrum of his consciousness that Giorno created isn't perfect, and is dealing with a body that's barely held together by Gold Experience matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Im guessing Trish's stand manifested while she was unconscious and it makes people around her not die when they are killed