Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

MagicAlex posted:

He seems to be aging into Bruce Campbell?

Heads too small

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
You mean chin.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
His plugs are almost as bad as Marc Crawford's tho

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
https://twitter.com/cinemassacre/status/1101313200488964101

https://twitter.com/Theslimevids/status/1099909124693856256

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

That... Uh, that is a joke, right? My irony is not as good at picking things up as it used to be. No-one thought that Indiana Jones wasn't based off of, if not flat-out ripping off set pieces from, those old 20s-30s stuff?

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Doing shrooms and looking at a picture of a waterfall is a much cheaper way of getting this effect :colbert:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Samovar posted:

That... Uh, that is a joke, right? My irony is not as good at picking things up as it used to be. No-one thought that Indiana Jones wasn't based off of, if not flat-out ripping off set pieces from, those old 20s-30s stuff?

Why would it be a joke, like all the best movies are full of stolen poo poo like this. Lucas stole was inspired by japanese films, Spielberg apparently did the same with old american movies. Led Zepplin stole songs and made them much better in my opinion. You want a weird one, that whole daft punk discovery album was so close to the source material I can't believe they weren't sued into obscurity but instead they became mega famous, yet they can't make a good original song to save their lives.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I think the question was, did people really not know that Indiana Jones (and hell, Star Wars for that matter) were both love letters to old pulp adventure stories?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just wait until these geniuses watch a Tarantino movie!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

wow you guys have brutally owned me, i'm just gonna slide under a fence
https://i.imgur.com/EfmlVnT.mp4

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Glagha posted:

I think the question was, did people really not know that Indiana Jones (and hell, Star Wars for that matter) were both love letters to old pulp adventure stories?

Of course there are people that don't know and think their favorite film invented every god drat thing. What kind of question is this? The vast majority of people don't do any kind of research or look back at the history of gently caress all.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'm sorry. That post was rather rude of me. I work in adult education, and I can say from daily experience that if there is something you think is obvious or self-evident in any way, it really isn't to a large, large part of the population.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty

Glagha posted:

I think lots of people know that they're "love letters", but to many that doesn't mean "directly copied set pieces, stunts, and even shot setups". I have a vague memory of seeing the Zorro carriage stunt parallels before but the rest was pretty new to me.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

SgtScruffy posted:

Doing shrooms and looking at drywall is a much cheaper way of getting this effect :colbert:

I don't know what it says about me that this is what I read into your post. Did the double take, but still.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

The fact this was done with Pixeloop App and not to the actual print makes it not awesome.

I was really hoping that was the new ACeP e-ink displays I saw at DSE last year.

Edit:

SgtScruffy posted:

Doing shrooms and looking at a picture of a waterfall is a much cheaper way of getting this effect :colbert:

At least with Shrooms you don't have to be staring at your phone to see it move

JEEVES420 has a new favorite as of 19:03 on Mar 1, 2019

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
https://twitter.com/niallstensonart/status/1101215045462175747

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

MrXmas posted:

I think lots of people know that they're "love letters", but to many that doesn't mean "directly copied set pieces, stunts, and even shot setups". I have a vague memory of seeing the Zorro carriage stunt parallels before but the rest was pretty new to me.

my high school homework was a series of love letter to my friend's high school homework

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Samovar posted:

Yeah, the tweet’s phrasing makes it seem like they think it’s BRUTAL MAXIMUM OWNAGE to show that the movie “stole” from older things, when it should have been presented as just an interesting demonstration of the sources.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/zwiEcrW.mp4

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://i.imgur.com/IeQxEvy.gifv

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Is this literally a snail not getting that it's not attached to a stationary surface?

Because :3:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sedge and Bee posted:

Is this literally a snail not getting that it's not attached to a stationary surface?

It's actually snail star wars kid

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
It's a treadmill for snails!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

NLJP posted:

Yeah that poo poo was amazing. Perfect aesthetic. There was a history one too but it wasn't as good imo

I don't think I learned anything about the human body from it but I definitely remember that show vividly

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
https://twitter.com/RocinhaMorro/status/1101646861004427264?s=19

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Sedge and Bee posted:

That snail and the fish in your avatar belong in the same tank.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Sedge and Bee posted:

https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_pnhsbjUeBY1w5pr9j.mp4

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Samovar posted:

It probably isn’t a joke because literally film 101 is homage homage homage and Lucas was notorious for nearly plagiarizing his stories and this dude is probably one of those super clever guys who is insanely insufferable.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nah, that dude loves film. So maybe. I've only seen a couple of his things, but he seemed fun when he was trying all the different Ninja Turtle pizzas.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/RQm8KXV.mp4

Caufman
May 7, 2007
That gif really demonstrates how fake pro wrestling is. You can practically see the cgi.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

https://i.imgur.com/QxafKT7.gifv

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Looks very relaxing. Scandinavia? Sometimes I wish I lived in one of those virtually uninhabited countries

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Careful what you're wishing for there. You may end up with equal opportunities and universal healthcare.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

Careful what you're wishing for there. You may end up with equal opportunities and universal healthcare.

Don't even start with that commie bullsh...*dies trying to go fund way out of easily preventable disease*

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

Looks very relaxing. Scandinavia? Sometimes I wish I lived in one of those virtually uninhabited countries

supposed to be Norway on the Nærøyfjorden

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's right across from Khazad-dûm and Caerbannog, right?

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Nærøyzberlurb

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah Scandinavia is great in every way except it's cold, wet and grey here 80% of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Hold on. Is there a wrastler whose gimmick is that he's fancied as an old school puglist, and his style of fighting is doing some goofy poo poo?