Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Mr Hootington posted:

It will be capatain america heiling

That'd be great if he hugs Peggy in the stinger and whispers Hail Hydra lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

An X-men stinger is 100% not happening. They aren't going to cap off 10 years of filmmaking and this huge achievement film by leading into Dark Phoenix, and even if they do their own X stuff it'll come out after that. Marvel isn't going to do poo poo with the Xmen until that has come out, bombed, and a year or two has cleared the stench out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, there's that too. They probably won't do a X-Men teaser because it obviously wasn't part of the plans and like why bother rushing it when you know you can do flash a pair of Wolverine claws 3 years from now and get people just as hyped?

But also yeah, it would be silly to muddy the waters, give Dark Phoenix a push, and end up with a lot of people asking if its an MCU film.

I guess we actually kind of know all of Phase 4, don't we?

1) Spidey 2
2) Guardians 3
3) Strange 2
4) Black Panther 2
5) Black Widow
6) Eternals
edit: 7) Shang Chi apparently
8) Blade maybe

Maybe Guardians is in doubt and maybe Widow was just a rumor? But that seems like a full "Phase" with an Avengers film to close it out. We just don't know production and release dates. But I'd guess we're not getting X-Men or FF until Phase 5 at the earliest. And that's fine because they'll benefit from being removed from the Fox versions and giving Marvel time to figure out the best way to do it instead of rushing them in.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 2, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Retro Futurist posted:

An X-men stinger is 100% not happening. They aren't going to cap off 10 years of filmmaking and this huge achievement film by leading into Dark Phoenix, and even if they do their own X stuff it'll come out after that. Marvel isn't going to do poo poo with the Xmen until that has come out, bombed, and a year or two has cleared the stench out.

Imagine though.

Nick Fury walks in a room.

"I'm sorry to find out you were detained. I've personally seen to it you will not be bothered by our organization again."

Hand drops into frame in the foreground. Claws come out. "For your sake you'd better be right, bub".

Violin sting: The first 8 notes of the 90s cartoon.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao stan was a writer

Same scene but he's telling someone else to draw it, then as he walks out the camera follows him as if nobody else is there.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bruceski posted:

Same scene but he's telling someone else to draw it, then as he walks out the camera follows him as if nobody else is there.

Endgame stinger is just this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLFGWAyajU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The last report on GOTG3 was that they were still using Gunn's script but who knows what happens with that movie.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe Guardians is in doubt and maybe Widow was just a rumor?

Black Widow has a director attached which is more than can be said for several of those others.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wasn't sure.

According to the Wiki it sounds like Widow and Eternals have upcoming production dates, Guardians 3's production got stopped, Panther 2 and Strange 2 are set but not written yet, and Shang-Chi is in development.

So like something there might die or get pushed back but that looks like a full "Phase" plus an Avengers film.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Bruceski posted:

Yes!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I think they’re still pretending BP2 and Strange 2 aren’t confirmed so they don’t break kayfabe about everyone not being dead. Post endgame we’ll likely get a big flurry of announcements

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

The last report on GOTG3 was that they were still using Gunn's script but who knows what happens with that movie.

It's on indefinite hold and nobody wants to touch it or be in it because of how they fired Gunn.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
All I want is one last follow up to this

https://i.imgur.com/khXrMnh.mp4

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jamesman posted:

It's on indefinite hold and nobody wants to touch it or be in it because of how they fired Gunn.

I don't really feel like that franchise has anything else to say that couldn't be said in the occasional cameo either. But that's never stopped a studio from pulverizing a dead horse before.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Retro Futurist posted:

You've got a point, but at the same time, there is literally nothing that would be as hype as teasing the Fox properties joining the MCU proper. Not that they need to do that; a fun non-sequitur post-credits bit would be fine, like the shawarma thing. But given how quiet they've been about the specifics of post-Endgame stuff, I'd be surprised if they didn't want to get the hype ball rolling again, and I think it's pretty obvious who people would be more excited to see if the question boiled down to Skrulls or Molecule Man or the Masters of Evil or whatever VS Wolverine/Deadpool/Galactus/Doom

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That just feels like an unnecessary reach for Marvel. They don't NEED the hype. They have the momentum of the MCU and have never been afraid about running properties like Iron Man, Guardians, and Ant-Man that didn't have a ton of built in hype. Now they're at a point where they can run out an Eternals film and people probably won't hesitate to go see it even though only the hardcorest of Marvel readers know who they are.

3 or 4 years will pass, MCU will keep rolling with Spidey, Black Panther, Black Widow, Strange, and somehow Eternals and Shang Chi, we'll get tired of asking the question and then an Avengers 5 trailer will be released, we'll hear *snikt*, and the internet will explode.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I like the idea and possibility that the stinger is something that references X-Men without even needing an actor. eg Xavier's wheelchair or just a fist with claws popping out.

Really don't see anyway they are casting someone for any of the Fox roles at this point. And apart from what I mentioned, there is very little that's recognizable enough to be got by the mainstream with such a quick tease.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The fact that there are still non-Marvel X movies pending kills any prospects of an Avengers appearance. Like maybe the very end stinger (which has been used for a joke before) will be Ryan Reynolds showing up and making a comment about Deadpool not being around for what happened.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I think it's almost a sure bet the stinger will be a Stan Lee tribute.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The chuds are really swinging for the fences on this one

https://twitter.com/Sorrelgum/status/1100890101293465600

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That dude's just salty because the restraining order says he can't go within 100 yards of a child.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

If they’re teasing anything at the end of Endgame, I bet it’s the Celestials waking up.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm seeing it on the 6th :cool:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just cant deal with this bullshit anymore. If I still worked in comic retail I'd probably have been fired for yelling at someone by now.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That user review score is very important.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

These people need serious therapy.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I will join in the review bomb and boot up tor browser to :f5: the 5 star rating

Thank you for informing me of this movement

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Does Danvers have the nega bands or is that strictly a Mar-Vell/Genis-Vell thing?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
aren't the nega bands a quasar thing

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Those are quantum bands, I think. The nega bands were some weird thing where he was trapped in the Negative Zone but he could use them to trade places with Rick Jones for a short time or something.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Those are quantum bands, I think. The nega bands were some weird thing where he was trapped in the Negative Zone but he could use them to trade places with Rick Jones for a short time or something.

The nega bands were from the time period where they were just constantly throwing writers at Captain Marvel who all had different ideas so his powers were changing every couple of issues.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Oh hey they’re doing that exact thing I thought they’d do in spite of RT’s change.

Honestly, just do away with the user-generated poo poo and only highlight real critic reviews. User polls just flat-out no longer work in 2019.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
That's the problem with opening reviews to the general populace - people are loving morons. All of them.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

CzarChasm posted:

That's the problem with opening reviews to the general populace - people are loving morons. All of them.

Hey, I resemble that remark. :colbert:

(It's true)

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Imagine if we did something even worse like allow the general public to decide court cases!

(Jury duty is an eye-opening experience.)

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

The dude doing the voice of Tombstone (is it?) is that the same man who plays Tobias Whale in Black Lightning?

Phylodox posted:

Endgame after credits scene: slowly zoom in on some rubble. Amongst it, we see the space stone. It flares to life, opening a wildly swirling portal. Cut to a low angle as a red booted foot steps through. Pan up, over the iconic S-shield until we come to rest on Henry Cavill’s face, frowning slightly as he takes in this strange new world.

His moustache is glorious.

Or gold boots and a radiation logo but still a glorious mustache.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bessantj posted:

The dude doing the voice of Tombstone (is it?) is that the same man who plays Tobias Whale in Black Lightning?

Yeah, that's Krondon.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Oh hey they’re doing that exact thing I thought they’d do in spite of RT’s change.

Honestly, just do away with the user-generated poo poo and only highlight real critic reviews. User polls just flat-out no longer work in 2019.

I'm not sure what they hope to accomplish here. It will be pretty clear that the reviews are completely inaccurate seeing as the people doing it earlier were just constantly straight up lying about content. Also does the general public actually even check something like RT user reviews? Nobody I know ever talks about looking at that poo poo as part of their movie choosing experience. Most people I know just go off of promotional material (commercials and trailers.)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm guessing the thought is that the review bombs will have to compete with actual reviews if they're only allowed to be posted after release, which will dilute the bad ratings a bit

Tbh I'm not sure rt has an out here, no one gives a poo poo about "professional" review scores because all the people who do it are high on their own farts Oscar chasers, and on the flip side the user scores are easily manipulated. Getting rid of the pro side will piss off the media, and getting rid of the user scores eliminates the entire purpose of the site.

site fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, that's Krondon.

Cool, I think he's a good actor, I like him in Black Lightning.