Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Captain Splendid posted:

US urges UK to embrace chlorinated chicken

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47426138

The US needs to go gently caress itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Vitamin P posted:

well underway, friend

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vitamin P posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lkg_8ly1Tk

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

lol the section on "state owned enterprises" is a trip

quote:

-Define SOEs on the basis of government ownership or government control through ownership interests, including situations of control through minority shareholding.
-Retain the ability to support SOEs engaged in providing domestic public services.
-Ensure that SOEs accord non-discriminatory treatment with respect to the purchase and sale of goods and services.
-Ensure that SOEs act in accordance with commercial considerations with respect to the purchase and sale of goods and services.
-Ensure strong subsidy disciplines applicable to SOEs, beyond the disciplines set out in the WTO Agreement on Subsidies and Countervailing Measures (SCM Agreement).
-Require that SOEs not cause harm to the United States through provision of subsidies.
-Require that SOEs not cause harm to the domestic industry of the United States via subsidized SOE investment.
-Ensure impartial regulation of SOEs, designated monopolies, and private companies.
-Provide jurisdiction to courts over the commercial activities of foreign SOEs.
-Allow Parties to request information related to the level of government ownership and control of a given enterprise and the extent of government support.
-Develop a fact-finding mechanism to help overcome the evidentiary problems associated with litigation on SOEs.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

weirdly the section on labor rights is not just a trash fire

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/jayrayner1/status/1101802716626604032

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
You guys need to worry less about chlorinating chicken and more about iodizing salt imo

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

The UK must embrace chlorinated chicken.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Astrochicken posted:

dystopian username post combo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Astrochicken posted:

just like mummy used to make

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Astrochicken posted:

If KFC can cook it right, and also their chips right, I'm down with it

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
do people like

not cook chicken

what

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mackers posted:

do people like

not cook chicken

what

We all hope its just a joke but you know it isn't...
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/medium-rare-chicken-chicken-sashimi

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

If KFC can cook it right, and also their chips right, I'm down with it

It's one of the Colonel's 11 herbs and spices.

Just leaving this here as a preview of some of the fine American foods that will be available to a post Brexit Britain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONOoKtAH53E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXiCWFwC88s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gxqlspMtqA

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

learning to enjoy meat raw is a good idea to prepare for the post-brexit fuel shortages

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

learning to enjoy meat raw is a good idea to prepare for the post-brexit fuel shortages

On the upside itll act as a vitamin c source when all your fruits go bad

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pDTiFkXgEE

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Shear Modulus posted:

There's plenty of meat in the UK if you know where to look.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I can definitely imagine meat becoming a sometimes food for many families following post-Brexit tariffs and stuff. Could be an interesting experiment in vegetarianism, for the rest of the world to watch anyway.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Gripweed posted:

A nationwide education program to get British people to start pronouncing croissant correctly

How do they pronounce croissant?

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The UK gets discounted american food while the US gets cheap insulin and other drugs, seems like a good trade to me.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

We will devour your young and you will pay us for the privilege.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

We should deny you food shipments until the Queen decrees that it's "In THE Hospital" and not "In Hospital".

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

to be fair, the customary english cooking method of boiling all food items for at least 10 minutes should eliminate any chance of infection with salmonella

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

That's really fascinating. As a kid I always wondered about the frequent depiction of food poisoning in US media and then reading about it on SA so often.

I don't think I've ever gotten food poisoning inside the EU and I eat all kinds of garbage.

e: I guess it makes sense that Americans eat so much processed food, I would too if every bite of fresh food could literally kill you.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

quote:

-Ensure strong subsidy disciplines applicable to SOEs, beyond the disciplines set out in the WTO Agreement on Subsidies and Countervailing Measures (SCM Agreement).
-Require that SOEs not cause harm to the United States through provision of subsidies.
-Require that SOEs not cause harm to the domestic industry of the United States via subsidized SOE investment.

Just to make it clear to any remaining Lexiters: That means y'all will get harder state aid rules than what you've got now through the EU, and it will only apply to the benefit of the US.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

A mate of mine once ate beef carpaccio in Leeds and spent the night hanging over the toilet, so I guess food poisoning in the UK already exists

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I feel like everybody who was alive in the 90s should be well aware that UK food safety standards are closer to the US than to continental Europe.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

System Metternich posted:

A mate of mine once ate beef carpaccio in Leeds and spent the night hanging over the toilet, so I guess food poisoning in the UK already exists

that's just the bodies natural reaction to being in Leeds

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

In the UK food poisoning generally means you ate a dodgy kebab at 2am the night before after 12 pints and your stomach is stuck on the spin cycle. Calling in sick with "food poisoning" is the accepted codeword for saying you can't come to work because you're still drunk from the night before.

Actual making GBS threads blood with a real risk of death food poisoning is pretty rare.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that applies to the US too

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

This is really fascinating

quote:

Vaccination of chickens against Salmonella essentially wiped out the disease in the United Kingdom. A similar approach was considered in the United States, but the Food and Drug Administration decided not to mandate vaccination of hens.[34]

Since 2011, Denmark has had zero cases of human salmonella poisoning.[35] The country eradicated salmonella without vaccines and antibiotics by focusing on eliminating the infection from "breeder stocks", implementing various measures to prevent infection, and taking a zero-tolerance policy towards salmonella in chickens.[35]

There are 1.2 million cases of salmonella infection per year in the US so the huge death toll actually makes sense cause everyone has salmonellosis all the time, every hour of the day. The US is salmonella breeding lab pretending to be a country.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Opferwurst posted:

There are 1.2 million cases of salmonella infection per year in the US

holy poo poo

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Remember when posters ITT swore up and down that Labour leadership exerted no influence on the disciplinary process? Salmonella-infested Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Fallen Hamprince has issued a correction as of 12:30 on Mar 3, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Opferwurst posted:

That's really fascinating. As a kid I always wondered about the frequent depiction of food poisoning in US media and then reading about it on SA so often.

I don't think I've ever gotten food poisoning inside the EU and I eat all kinds of garbage.

e: I guess it makes sense that Americans eat so much processed food, I would too if every bite of fresh food could literally kill you.

It used to be food poisoning was practically unheard of, but the FDA has been terminally underfunded and understaffed for over a decade. 20% of health violations just go completely ignored.

Looks like they made the right call for a fake controversy.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Can't wait until the agriculture industry collapses and all the pasture-fed cattle are replaced with cow warehouses where they're fed an exclusive diet of HFCS and Cheetos.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Elevator Screamer posted:

Can't wait until the agriculture industry collapses and all the pasture-fed cattle are replaced with cow warehouses where they're fed an exclusive diet of HFCS and Cheetos.

The cows also get obsessed with watching Fox News

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

etalian posted:

The cows also get obsessed with watching Fox News

And suddenly the GOP has an incentive to enhance voting rights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Fox News will relaunch in post-Brexit Britain but it will just be 24-hour coverage of bloodsports.