Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm just really cracking up at the idea that WWE said "We have to induct a woman each year" and then like 5 years later realized "We ran out of women we ever gave a poo poo about, pick a random one."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
What are they gonna do, induct Manami Toyota and have to admit Stephanie didn't invent women's wrestling in 2014?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I imagine that's the reason why, in a year where they've reintroduced the women's tag titles literally within three months of Mania and the HOF, they aren't inducting the Glamor Girls or Jumping Bomb Angels

Because women's wrestling was in smokey bingo halls before Stephanie got to it!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm just looking forward to:

2021 inductee... Brie Bella!
2023 inductee... Nikki Bella!
2025 inductee... The Bella Twins!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Torrie Wilson has turned down WWE a number of times. WWE was especially interested when she was dating Alex Rodriguez

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Waiting for Mario Mancini, the greatest WWF TV jobber of all time, to get into the Hall of Fame.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Chris James 2 posted:

One step closer to finding the answer to the age old question "When everyone's a Hall Of Famer, does being a Hall Of Famer mean anything"
Bet all the NFL fans are going to be saying this as I watch Hines Ward finally get his due

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Bet all the NFL fans are going to be saying this as I watch Hines Ward finally get his due

Preach, brother

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm just really cracking up at the idea that WWE said "We have to induct a woman each year" and then like 5 years later realized "We ran out of women we ever gave a poo poo about, pick a random one."

I’m legit surprised they didn’t pick Paige

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Armitage posted:

Waiting for Mario Mancini, the greatest WWF TV jobber of all time, to get into the Hall of Fame.

He's no Barry Horowitz or Reno Riggins

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He's no Barry Horowitz or Reno Riggins

Barry Horowitz deserves to be in, eventually. Sooner, rather than later in my opinion. Reno Riggins could be in later, IMO.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Angry Grimace posted:

I’m legit surprised they didn’t pick Paige

This is an excellent point

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
Still no Vader?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Kelly Kelly will 100% be in before Vader

BrutusBeefcake
Jun 6, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

Scraping the bottom of that barrel pretty hard

This is hurtful.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just have to remember to actively seek out those HOF Announcement videos to see how they sell them. The Torrie Wilson one is either a very funny elevation of Billy Kidman and Dawn Marie storylines or just 90 seconds of her in bikinis.

Apparently Torrie Wilson never even won the Divas Championship. That seems shocking to me. I thought everyone had.

She did however win whatever is "The Golden Thong Award."

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Well you have to remember that whomever they ask has to accept it as well. Honky famously has told them to gently caress off for years. Something tells me they are desperate this year and their original plans have fell through.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I just have to remember to actively seek out those HOF Announcement videos to see how they sell them. The Torrie Wilson one is either a very funny elevation of Billy Kidman and Dawn Marie storylines or just 90 seconds of her in bikinis.

Apparently Torrie Wilson never even won the Divas Championship. That seems shocking to me. I thought everyone had.

She did however win whatever is "The Golden Thong Award."

The Al Wilson stuff was gold because Cole and Tazz could not have given less of a poo poo after the first week, to the point where they (meaning WWE) very quickly turned the whole thing into a joke.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
How long until the current WWE hall of fame format gets scrapped? This is brutal

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it will last as long as they can get marks in the door to listen to speeches from whoever the gently caress

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

As long as Vince calls it “sports entertainment”

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

TheJunkyardGod posted:

Still no Vader?

They should just do a super heavyweight tournament and call it the Vader Classic

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Reminder that Molly Holly is not in but Torrie loving Wilson is going in

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

sportsgenius86 posted:

She was in Playgirl though

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Torrie Wilson is a significantly bigger star than Molly was.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its fake

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Midnightghoul posted:

She was in Playgirl though

why?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

its fake?? what is going on. Please spoil if i am going to be okay

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Forget Molly Holly, Torrie Wilson has been involved in some epic bouts in her star-studded career:

She made her debut as a woman literally purchased by the NWO to seduce David Flair against his father. She got David to turn on Ric, but soon after started canoodling with Billy Kidman. Torrie made her PPV wrestling debut getting punched in the groin by Perry Saturn and taking the pin in a Filthy Animals vs. The Revolution match at Mayhem 1999, and soon after was caught on the KIDKAM hitting on Eddie Guerrero. This led to tension between the Filthy Animals, but she and Kidman patched things up long enough to turn heel together as part of The New Blood, though their rekindled relationship didn't last long because she apparently wanted to have sex with both Horace and Hulk Hogan. She eventually turned on Kidman because she couldn't stop thinking about the time Hulk Hogan forced a kiss on her in the ring, which made her really horny.

Then she turned on Kidman against a month later to hook up with Shane Douglas, and won her first match, a prestigious first ever mixed-tag scaffold match at Fall Brawl 2000. She was a double pioneer four weeks later when she participated in the first ever "Down Underwear" match, though unfortunately she was stripped to her bra and panties in under two minutes.

It seemed as if Wilson's grappling career was over when WCW released her at the end of 2000, but she burst back onto the scene having sex with Vince McMahon in June 2001. She then lost the first-ever Interpromotional Bra and Panties Tag Team Match, at Invasion 2001. Torrie got a measure of revenge by defeating Trish Stratus in a Paddle on a Pole Spanking match the next night.

She turned face a few months into the Invasion by dating Taijiri, and was riding high through the remainder of 2001: she picked up a victory in a Lingerie Match against Stacey Kiebler at No Mercy 2001, and continued her dominance of Stacey across six months in an Egg Nog Match, and a Bikini Match. But then Taijiri turned heel and decided that Torrie was too sexy, so she had to stop speaking and wear a geisha outfit. In a move straight out of the Women's Evolution, Torrie eventually had enough of the foreigner's heelish conservativism and decided to get up and do a striptease on the announce table, turning face again and costing her ex-boyfriend the match.

To prove she had her mojo back, she beat Stacey Kiebler again in a final Bra & Panties match in the summer of 2002.

The Torrie Train kept rolling in 2002 as she went 3-0 in her trilogy of matches against Dawn Marie, though I guess her dad got hosed to death in that feud so there were no true winners, though it did result in a historic first-ever Stepmother vs. Stepdaughter match that was remarkably contested under traditional wrestling rules, one fall to a finish.

Her winning streak was broken only a week after her blowoff Valentine's Day Bra & Panties victory (no doubt booked because the pinfall in the previous Dawn Marie match disappointed fans) when she lost her signature match (Paddle on a Pole) to Nidia, who was jealous of Torrie for being chosen to be in Playboy. The Playboy jealousy continued as Sable made her return, culminating in a Bikini Contest that Torrie won. Gracious in her victory, she kissed Sable on the lips and the two suggested they might do a lesbian Playboy shoot in the future.

Then she managed Billy Gunn for like two months in between him being The rear end Man and Billy & Chuck. She briefly feuded with Shaniqua before jealousy reared its ugly head again and Torrie and Sable had to stand up to Stacy Kiebler and Jackie Gayda, who were double-jealous of the concept that Wilson and fellow future HOFer Sable were going to pose in Playboy TWICE when neither of them had been allowed to get naked even once. These two non-Playboy-models were punished for their arrogance in a Playboy Evening Gown match, easily one of the top six most memorable matches from Wrestlemania 20. Then she beat Dawn Marie again, because Dawn Marie was still jealous of her. Then Sable turned heel on her (you know how women wrestlers before they evolved were!) and Torrie won that feud as well.

That's only the first half of her illustrious WWE career and I swear to god I thought she'd left some time around Wrestlemania 20 as opposed to sticking around until 2008. That kind of staying power just proves what a Hall of Famer she is! She managed Jimmy Wang Yang! She was in a "Wet and Wild Squirt Gun" match! She liberated Kenzo Suzuki's geisha valet by stripping her kimono off! She was in a stable called Vince's Devils that I learned today was real, and involved Torrie Wilson!

I'm just saying, the fact that eternal jobbers like Koko B. Ware or Big Boss Man or King Harley Race got in before Torrie is a travesty.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
At this point they're just putting in people who might have good/funny stories to tell, but even by those standards I have a hard time believing Torrie Wilson will be as interesting as Drunk Aunt Ivory from last year.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that frog is good.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
I will always remember Brutus Beefcake for the time he left cocaine in his downtown Boston subway token booth and the station got shut down because people thought it was anthrax. I had to walk home that day. What a legend.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Brutus Beefcake should be in the Hall of Fame for that time when he got kicked out of Toronto City Hall for using the mayor's cocaine scandal to shill sandwiches.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean the WWE hall of fame has had issues since it's started back up in 2004 so expecting it to be like the WOR hall is foolish

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean the WWE hall of fame has had issues since it's started back up in 2004 so expecting it to be like the WOR hall is foolish

I was referring to the WOR Hall.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I thought Brutus Beefcake was already in the WWE Hall of Fame

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
They put in one person/group of relevance a year and then 4 people whose names 35 year olds remember, then one person some historian remembered. It’s the same formula every year.

Next year it will be Batista and 4 people you vaguely remember and one person who is really old and probably dead and possibly never wrestled for WWE outside of like one house show in 1985. So like Batista, the Nasty Boys, The Model Rick Martel, Molly Holly, and like Giant Baba or something.

Most of the actual people of relevance who would make sense don’t stop wrestling so they don’t ever become “eligible” like Jericho, HHH, the Hardy Boyz, etc. Although for whatever reason Kurt Angle just does random episodes of Raw as a wrestler where he loses most of the time for basically no reason whatsoever.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Mar 3, 2019

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
How can they not induct Bigelow in New Jersey?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KungFu Grip posted:

I thought Brutus Beefcake was already in the WWE Hall of Fame

But what about the zodiac???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Dacap posted:

They should just do a super heavyweight tournament and call it the Vader Classic

With all the "Classic" tournaments they have going, this one would be the only one I watch.