Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

value-brand cereal posted:

Thread, rate this bathtub:

Rick Owens’ Tomb Bathroom

On one hand I know it's spose to be arty and minimalist, but on the other hand that wall and sink looks like a british public bathroom from the 80s where then[now?] illegal homosexual hook ups happened.

But the faucet looks like it can actually pour water into the tub which is a step up from Beejmaster's tub.

Looks like you'd have to heat up that whole room for like a half hour before you'd wanna sit on a cold marble/granite floor. In the winter, you'd sit down and it'd peel the skin right off your balls like in that movie Christmas Story where that kid got his balls stuck on a flagpole, remember?

Unpleasant and cold and that tub is overfilled and just no no no no NO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

Looks like you'd have to heat up that whole room for like a half hour before you'd wanna sit on a cold marble/granite floor. In the winter, you'd sit down and it'd peel the skin right off your balls like in that movie Christmas Story where that kid got his balls stuck on a flagpole, remember?

Unpleasant and cold and that tub is overfilled and just no no no no NO

Yea the architect said he purposefully made it in his own home so he would aspire to do more and wouldn't be satisfied where he was. Its not supposed to be what you're thinking it is

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

a real triumph. a masterwork. a wet hammock that you die falling out of while reaching for a towel.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Yea the architect said he purposefully made it in his own home so he would aspire to do more and wouldn't be satisfied where he was. Its not supposed to be what you're thinking it is

Lmao

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I wonder if you could put a fire underneath it and slow cook a whole hog?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

On one hand I know it's spose to be arty and minimalist, but on the other hand that wall and sink looks like a british public bathroom from the 80s where then[now?] illegal homosexual hook ups happened.

But the faucet looks like it can actually pour water into the tub which is a step up from Beejmaster's tub.

It looks O.K. in this photo.

When there is any less natural light coming in, it needs strong and dramatic lighting to look like “cultural heritage site” rather than “murder dungeon”.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I feel like I've seen this exact room in a concentration camp :(

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I found this thread again to get ideas for my apartment that is finally almost done, only to find that y'all have been discussing one ugly bathroom for the last forty pages. Somehow I'm not disappointed.

Actually, I wanted some help deciding what to do for my toilet. bEatmstrJ, any ideas?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Sink it in a gravel pit

e: f it, just piss and poo poo on the gravel

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
No drain though.

Maybe eventually the stagnant urine will collect and make saltpeter or whatever and the bathroom will explode.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

LifeLynx posted:

I found this thread again to get ideas for my apartment that is finally almost done, only to find that y'all have been discussing one ugly bathroom for the last forty pages. Somehow I'm not disappointed.

Actually, I wanted some help deciding what to do for my toilet. bEatmstrJ, any ideas?
Piss in your shower to provide the :females: with sex cues

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I hate concrete in bathrooms but I love tadelakt

possibly NWS for back of nude bather?

LifeLynx posted:

May I suggest one of these https://mexican-tile.net/Mexican-Toilets-C280388.aspx

Youth Decay fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 3, 2019

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Youth Decay posted:

I hate concrete in bathrooms but I love tadelakt

Oooh that is neat, I need to read more about this stuff.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Youth Decay posted:

ah yes the best compromise between “real floor” and “gravel pit”, it cleverly elevates both the aesthetic and potential for foot injury to “scattered legos”

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Youth Decay posted:

I didn't know Kevin McAlister got into remodeling

All drying yourself with a blowtorch mounted on the door frame

A towel covered in scented oils is propelled into your face as a desk fan throttles you with rose petals

Mimosas tied to ropes are flung from the second story banister

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Youth Decay posted:

how the gently caress do you get the water out?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

how the gently caress do you get the water out?

The servants will siphon it out.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
In the top photo there's a drain under the tub's udder. IDK about gravel lego tub pic tho.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

A hammock that would break the first time you halfway have an idea of think of using it?

Or do we need to specify Kevlar in all our designs from now on?

kid sinister fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Mar 3, 2019

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

kid sinister posted:

A hammock that would break the first time you halfway have an idea of think of using it?

Or do we need to specify Kevlar in all our designs from now on?

Kevlar? Don't be ridiculous.

It's carbon fiber.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Texture fibreglass to look expensive, pocket the difference.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I’m a fat goon and I’d immediately break that thing off the walls if I got into it

try more magnesium
Jul 3, 2006

this is my posting face
i love to post
hey guys sorry im late. jojo's pissoir adventure. thanks

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I love it. Super calming aesthetic. The huge light stones look incredibly fancy to me in an understated way, not show offy. It looks like very old parts of the Middle East, a modern day private heated aqueduct system.

Edit: oh just caught up with the thread. Makes sense it's the architect's own home and remind me of huge outdoor structures. I wonder if the huge heavy stones mean he had to do additional structural reinforcement.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Mar 3, 2019

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I have no clue who this Rick Owens dude but his Wikipedia page makes him seem like a gigantic tool

quote:

In 2013 Owens [8] exhibited his 'Prehistoric' collection at Carpenters Workshop Gallery in London. Owens' design colour palette in this seven piece collection stretches from white to black, stopping nowhere in between.[9] "The show is entitled 'Prehistoric' – a name that reflects its inspiration, the origins of humanity, it recalls a mysterious ancient civilisation. Its aura is one of spiritual ritual, archaic ceremony and supreme power".[10]

:rolleyes:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
please rate the design of my doom bathroom.

https://twitter.com/dietinghippo/status/1102153605899927556

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:yeshaha:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Okay I'm curious now just from a structural integrity point of view.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Carbon fiber is strong

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

brugroffil posted:

Carbon fiber is strong

I was thinking more the walls than the tub. Not am engineer so I'm not sure how the forces are transferred with that thing, but if it's not straight down, it would need some special wall structure, wouldn't it?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

stealie72 posted:

I was thinking more the walls than the tub. Not am engineer so I'm not sure how the forces are transferred with that thing, but if it's not straight down, it would need some special wall structure, wouldn't it?

Walls already bear weight that isn’t in their plane, like when you put a tub in the middle of the room.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

:five:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

:vince:

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Needs enemies:females: to spawn inside the walls to create eerie sound effects for that real John Carmack feel, 9/10 will accept with minor improvements

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
That Rick Owens bathroom is kind of Blade Runner and kind of "down-market Balinese chain hotel."

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Holy poo poo

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Absolute 10/10 would die from moldy rocks again

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bravo! I hope that one day it will be turned into a bathroom version of the Q3 Runtfest map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

lmao