Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

deoju posted:

Watch the nazi's right hand gesturing. First it's "come on bring it," then the puncher takes a step towards him and then it's "wait hold up." He turns from tough guy to coward in an instant.

I watched this punch probably 25 times when it was first posted. It's one in a million. Everything about it is just pure harmony.

Young JS learned a long time ago that if you call that particular tune you sure as poo poo better be ready to dance.

(the "come get some" tune, not the "im wearing a nazi armband" tune)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snickles
Mar 27, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I'd wager that there's not a pharmacist under 50 who's not in student loan debt.

Pharmacy still pays well enough that this is not universally true.

Doesn’t make the policy any less stupid.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

snickles posted:

Anecdotally I've heard that it's over-saturated.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

FizFashizzle posted:

This is it. This breaks me.

https://twitter.com/NationalNurses/status/1101959617289117696

Florida is doing this to RNs, CNAs, and Pharmacists.

loving CNAs. The person getting paid 8 dollars an hour to bathe and wipe and dress and feed people who can't do it themselves.

This is debtor's prison without the buildings.

Step one: believe that higher education will lead to a good job
Step two: bet your entire life on it
Step three: don't make as much as promised
Step four: lose the job
Step five die poor

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Interestingly out of all the things they don't allow you to deduct. Student Loan interest is deductible when figuring out your SNAP(food stamps) amount payment. It's like one of the few extra deductions available.

snickles
Mar 27, 2010

i am harry posted:

It is, depending on the locale, but at the moment the main impact seems to be the quality of the available jobs and not so much salary depression.

I’m sure the effect on salaries varies wildly depending on location, but’s still a relatively high paying job.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Your reminder that it's pointless trying to reach the hardcore chuds

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1102240578073432065?s=19

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Reason"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

the admission that conservatism has no relation to reality

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

HootTheOwl posted:

Step one: believe that higher education will lead to a good job
Step two: bet your entire life on it
Step three: don't make as much as promised
Step four: lose the job
Step five die poor

I wonder when the Student Debt Repayment Organ Repossession Act will pass the Florida legislature...

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

This is it. This breaks me.

https://twitter.com/NationalNurses/status/1101959617289117696

Florida is doing this to RNs, CNAs, and Pharmacists.

loving CNAs. The person getting paid 8 dollars an hour to bathe and wipe and dress and feed people who can't do it themselves.

This is debtor's prison without the buildings.

This is the stupidest thing I’ve heard in a week and that says something in the age of Trump.

What the gently caress is Florida thinking? It’s literally THE state where rich old white racist people go to die. Who’s gonna take care of their geriatric asses if they de-license a good chunk of their health workers?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Solaris 2.0 posted:

What the gently caress is Florida thinking? It’s literally THE state where rich old white racist people go to die. Who’s gonna take care of their geriatric asses if they de-license a good chunk of their health workers?

:pray:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fun reminder that by 2050 the US will spend 1.1 trillion dollars on Alzheimer's care, so while the earth cooks we'll be spending a fortune taking care of the people who won't remember causing it.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

FizFashizzle posted:

Fun reminder that by 2050 the US will spend 1.1 trillion dollars on Alzheimer's care, so while the earth cooks we'll be spending a fortune taking care of the people who won't remember causing it.

That'll be me, but I won't be thinking about you.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Racism.com has a point

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

bobjr posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1101919215676723201?s=21

I missed this one during the speech initially, and it’s probably top 5 in insane and inaccurate things he’s said. Does he think birth control works like alcohol?

This was posted a few pages back but this post is a fairly representative reaction to Trump's statement. It is hard to find the time to sort through half the bullshit the man spews, but in this case it's worth it.

Good statistics are hard to find on the prevalence of sexual assault and exploitation of women at the border, but it's a real problem. Trump tends to fabricate numbers, but it is true that the broken immigration system that he encourages that forces migrants to hide from the law has resulted in an incredible amount of human misery.

Here's an article from the Guardian from 2017 about the issue:

The priest helping women get birth control at US border: 'Lesser of two evils'
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/17/us-immigration-women-central-america-mexico-priest

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Serfer posted:

Racism.com has a point

No kidding. I should know better than to read the comments, but Reason fare really owes nothing to the Alex Jones crowd at this point. poo poo, at least some Alex Jones fans openly embrace the Conspiracy Loon identity, but at Reason they all think that they are the one true smart observer.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

It's a lovely policy, there's a dozen states with the power to suspend licenses for unpaid student loans, only FL actually enforces it. But it's hardly sweeping in scope. Only affects defaulted loans, and 90% work out a payment plan.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...t-loan-defaults

"The state Board of health says about nine hundred healthcare workers were in danger of losing their license over the past two years because they were in default of their student loans. The board clarified it worked out repayment plans with most of those workers. It estimates the actual number of health care license suspensions is between 90 and 120 since November 2016."

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

i am harry posted:

It reminds me of lawyers. Everyone knew that lawyers make a lot of money so after the financial crash a lot of people went to law schools, which set their tuition based on the sky high expected earnings. All those people graduated and hey the job market is saturated and they are hosed.

I worry we will soon see something similar with skilled trades. Everywhere you look people are saying learn a trade, the world always needs welders/electricians/plumbers/etc and they get paid well!" It's like the shoeshine guy giving stock tips indicates a bubble thing - whatever everyone is saying is the career to go into is probably going to crash from over saturation.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/Trillburne/status/1102216901978140672

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Shifty Pony posted:

It reminds me of lawyers. Everyone knew that lawyers make a lot of money so after the financial crash a lot of people went to law schools, which set their tuition based on the sky high expected earnings. All those people graduated and hey the job market is saturated and they are hosed.

I worry we will soon see something similar with skilled trades. Everywhere you look people are saying learn a trade, the world always needs welders/electricians/plumbers/etc and they get paid well!" It's like the shoeshine guy giving stock tips indicates a bubble thing - whatever everyone is saying is the career to go into is probably going to crash from over saturation.
In the case of pharmacists it's a job that was specifically being touted as a viable alternative during the last economic crash. (Although to be fair it was mostly being touted by a slew of Pharmacy schools that had just opened up) I remember older Millenials being repeatedly assured that pharmacist was the career path with guaranteed lifetime employment.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

hahahahaha gently caress

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Awesome, time to start my “Punch Nazis” seminar series. Thanks for supporting free speech Mr President!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
This stupid bastard...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1102237752744120322

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1102233209708924930

No, you're being investigated because you're a criminal who broke approximately infinity laws.

Also, check the timestamps. Did he post the second part of that rant first and then wait 20 minutes to post the first half?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

wonder if that executive order will protected bds partici---lol couldn't even finish.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Maybe NEXT time you'll THINK before you believe a victim :smuggo:"

Investigation. They're crying and whining and declaring the end of time over a request for investigation. Imagine this for any other crime.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Your Taint posted:

Also, check the timestamps. Did he post the second part of that rant first and then wait 20 minutes to post the first half?

A strong indication it's not written by him, or is at a minimum being vetted by staff.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Your Taint posted:

This stupid bastard...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1102237752744120322

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1102233209708924930

No, you're being investigated because you're a criminal who broke approximately infinity laws.

Yeah, for a while folks were like "uhhh why'd he post the second half of a tweet with no first half?"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
So how long did Nixon last after his own "I am an innocent man" declaration?

loving Boomers so desperate to relive the past.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
I find it increasingly frustrating that the stresses of the job haven't killed that fucker yet.

I mean, we all know it's because he doesn't actually do his job, but still.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Discendo Vox posted:

A strong indication it's not written by him, or is at a minimum being vetted by staff.

No, I think this one is him. It sounds like him. I'm going to Occam's Razor this one and just assume it was posted that way because he's an idiot.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

EwokEntourage posted:

Texas has this law, and it applies to almost all professional licenses, so like doctors, lawyers, CPAs, etc. I have never once seen or heard of it being enforced

So of course here comes Florida!

After election night last year I basically gave up on that shithole, and this just reinforces it all.
I have hopes for Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia and even Texas. Long term hopes. But prospects are prospects.

Florida needs to just be cordoned off, evacuated of all the non-R voting people, and just left to nature.
(Disney World and Miami can be transferred to somewhere nice).

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Imagine six more years of this

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Abner Assington posted:

I find it increasingly frustrating that the stresses of the job haven't killed that fucker yet.

I mean, we all know it's because he doesn't actually do his job, but still.

Every morning I wake up and check my phone in the hopes that the fucker had a heart attack overnight and croaked. I feel like an rear end in a top hat but I can't help it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Grape posted:

After election night last year I basically gave up on that shithole, and this just reinforces it all.
I have hopes for Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia and even Texas. Long term hopes. But prospects are prospects.

Florida needs to just be cordoned off, evacuated of all the non-R voting people, and just left to nature.
(Disney World and Miami can be transferred to somewhere nice).

Bugs Bunny had the right idea when he sawed it off and it floated away into the Gulf.

Or just sell it back to Spain.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

yronic heroism posted:

Imagine six more years of this

And, seriously do that folks, because it's very, very possible. Very possible.

I just had this like sudden rush of fear and dread and I'm kinda freaking out about it right now.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Your Taint posted:

No, I think this one is him. It sounds like him. I'm going to Occam's Razor this one and just assume it was posted that way because he's an idiot.

Both: he has to cut and paste his proposed tweets to someone.

Who then sent the approved tweets back in the wrong order.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Shifty Pony posted:

See also: web design

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Your Taint posted:

Every morning I wake up and check my phone in the hopes that the fucker had a heart attack overnight and croaked. I feel like an rear end in a top hat but I can't help it.

I, too, hope someone way more competent and "respectable" but just as evil (and even more evil wrt queer people!) becomes president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

snickles posted:

There are some pharmacists under fifty who have bachelor’s of pharmacy (before a pharmD was required which is loving stupid for retail at least) and likely zero debt. Man, that must have been nice.