Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Taear posted:

See, so exactly. It's expensive and just not worth it, I can't imagine they'd get more switch sales because now it's got Netflix.

Idk, the YouTube app is pretty much the best thing. If the only thing holding up the Netflix app is bureaucracy, that's pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Spellman posted:

That's fine, is better than a >Netflix Original

Its not fine, its garbage.

People just shrugging and going "eehhh" is how cable got away with introducing ads despite the subscription, when the whole point of the subscription was to pay for not having to see ads.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm definitely not paying for a streaming service that still has ads after subscribing

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hulu's ads are uniquely terrible because it'll happily play the exact same MONSTROUS CHEVY TRUCK ad over half a dozen times at arbitrarily-selected points of the show for maximum pain.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Taear posted:

See, so exactly. It's expensive and just not worth it, I can't imagine they'd get more switch sales because now it's got Netflix.

I would buy a second Switch just for Netflix so I can watch Netflix on my Nintendo Switch while I play games on my Nintendo Switch.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Also you all do know there's a Hulu plan that doesn't have ads, right?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mega64 posted:

Also you all do know there's a Hulu plan that doesn't have ads, right?

That plan still has ads for certain shows I believe.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My favorite part of this is it missed some obvious changes I saw on other videos like a day later.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Four currently-running shows out of the hundreds of others they have.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The game is good and fine, with some caveats, and probably not quite worth the full price, but online play can be pretty fun. It does take longer to find a match when compared to splatoon or Smash. Like actual minutes versus seconds.

Smash really took over a lot of multi-player players the moment it hit. The dip in Splatoon is noticeable compared to the peak times before Smash. That said I can mostly get regional matched at midnight PST at high ranks in under a minute so things are fine.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Fawf posted:

two years and no netflix

How fast would this chomp your battery

The Nintendo Switch, redefining the term “binge watch”

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mega64 posted:

Four currently-running shows out of the hundreds of others they have.

So, no ads* then.

* Almost

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Hulu is $12/mo without ads, Netflix is $13 :shrug:

But I also share accounts with friends/family.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

That plan still has ads for certain shows I believe.

Oh that's lame. I haven't run into that but if I did I'd pirate that poo poo 100%

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fallom posted:

Hulu's ads are uniquely terrible because it'll happily play the exact same MONSTROUS CHEVY TRUCK ad over half a dozen times at arbitrarily-selected points of the show for maximum pain.

The flip side of this coin is sometimes the ads completely fall on their face, don’t load and you’re back to your show in like 5 seconds.

It’s not reliable, in any way

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Doesn't Hulu "without ads" have ads for other Hulu shows, or is that some other streaming service?

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
Can't wait to dust off my NAS to self host my TV streams because it'll be easier than switching between 5 different apps with subscriptions.

This is not the future I was promised!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

the same guy who said “Anyway, I don't think uyoku are bad. Just a little old-fashioned and out-of-date.”

i’d embed the tweet if i knew how

he’s a colossal

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Pakled posted:

Doesn't Hulu "without ads" have ads for other Hulu shows, or is that some other streaming service?

No it doesn't.

As mentioned, there are 4 shows that have a 15 second pre-roll ad and 15 second ad when the show is done. That's the extent of ads on the ad free plan. It's due to rights issues that Hulu doesn't really have control over.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 3, 2019

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

LethalGeek posted:

Smash really took over a lot of multi-player players the moment it hit. The dip in Splatoon is noticeable compared to the peak times before Smash. That said I can mostly get regional matched at midnight PST at high ranks in under a minute so things are fine.

Yeah even Splatoon dipped but it's not really noticeable.

I prefer playing simple or even doubles in Tennis, and at times it just doesn't happen. Standard is the only mode I'll consistently get matches for, though still after a bit of wait.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
eshop and switch online maintenance today and tomorrow! I'm expecting either 1) disappointment 2) nintendo taking away features, or 3) stability.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Fallom posted:

This is because when they sell that ad to Chevy they promise them like "10,000 views an hour" but if there aren't that many people watching that show at that time the 1,000 people watching it get to watch it ten times each.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

creationist believer posted:

Is everyone just going to gloss over the fact that this person apparently eats the candles on birthday cakes?

Hey nerds apparently didn't need any encouragement to try eating the game carts, it's irresponsible of Nintendo to put cake icing on their products

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Annath posted:

Its not fine, its garbage.

People just shrugging and going "eehhh" is how cable got away with introducing ads despite the subscription, when the whole point of the subscription was to pay for not having to see ads.

It's 10x cheaper than cable and it's got great shows. It's not ideal, but being able to watch South Park and Futurama with a couple of ads about TurboTax or w/e is negligible for the convenience

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Dpulex posted:

eshop and switch online maintenance today and tomorrow! I'm expecting either 1) disappointment 2) nintendo taking away features, or 3) stability.

Most likely a mixture of all three.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Imagined posted:

This is because when they sell that ad to Chevy they promise them like "10,000 views an hour" but if there aren't that many people watching that show at that time the 1,000 people watching it get to watch it ten times each.

the market works

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The next update will bring folders, but everything will be auto sorted between only two folders: Mario and bad games.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/ComicBookNOW/status/1101949141125685248

Soula Boy is at it again

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is he trying to get sued by Nintendo or what?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Please add that picture to the OP.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mega64 posted:

Please add that picture to the OP.

I put it in the second post

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol this was a few tweets down:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I put it in the second post

Thank you!

I think it'll be very helpful for those on the fence on buying a Switch.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Cartoon Man posted:

Lol this was a few tweets down:

Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch in 2019: A Cease and Desist Classic

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Can someone tell me how to make replays in N++? I see there is an option to view replays but I never have any to view. how do you actually make them? Do you have to be online?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Mister Facetious posted:

Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch in 2019: A Cease and Desist Classic

:hmmyes:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

hadji murad posted:

the same guy who said “Anyway, I don't think uyoku are bad. Just a little old-fashioned and out-of-date.”

i’d embed the tweet if i knew how

he’s a colossal

The actual thread is wild considering it puts Cowboy Bebop as an idealistic neoliberal future

Y'know, where pollution has rendered Earth ruined and uninhabitable, poverty is rampant and civilisation is ruled by criminals and corporations, with the protagonists who are all social outcasts mired in debt and always on the verge of starvation in between a dangerous gig economy job they almost never actually get paid for

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The actual thread is wild considering it puts Cowboy Bebop as an idealistic neoliberal future

Y'know, where pollution has rendered Earth ruined and uninhabitable, poverty is rampant and civilisation is ruled by criminals and corporations, with the protagonists who are all social outcasts mired in debt and always on the verge of starvation in between a dangerous gig economy job they almost never actually get paid for

Neoliberals see that as good because that's the future they want and they expect that they'll be rich and privileged from making it happen and exploiting the other survivors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sweet, it's the cspam/games crossover I've dreamed of.